HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 31, 2012, 09:56 AM
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined May 2011
822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leemann View Post
Hi guys, quick question. Got my S800 flying (well hovering) Everything looks good other then after I give the S800 some throttle I start getting a rapid LED flashing. Looks yellow/green and its quick. Again only seems to happen once I start to give it some gas. Is this the battery voltage warning LED or the Atti Failure LED? I haven't seen either yet and just wanted to make sure before taking it up for some more testing. If you could let me know what one I am seeing that would be great. See video below for reference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4AK2FAPxCs
looks like IMU data loss. Wouldn't fly that thing before you have it figure out ! Could be an error in the can bus system !

Boris
BorisSA is offline Find More Posts by BorisSA
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 31, 2012, 11:10 AM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Feb 2012
342 Posts
Thanks Boris! Would it only come on when power increases and go off when powered down? If it was a can bus error what should I be looking for?

EDIT: Another question, just wanted to check too does the CANBUS cable from the Zenmuse plug into the CANBUS port just below the GPS?

Thanks
Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorisSA View Post
looks like IMU data loss. Wouldn't fly that thing before you have it figure out ! Could be an error in the can bus system !

Boris
leemann is online now Find More Posts by leemann
Last edited by leemann; Aug 31, 2012 at 12:28 PM.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 12:55 PM
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined May 2011
822 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Boris! Would it only come on when power increases and go off when powered down? If it was a can bus error what should I be looking for?

EDIT: Another question, just wanted to check too does the CANBUS cable from the Zenmuse plug into the CANBUS port just below the GPS?

Thanks
Lee
You can plug the zenmuse to any free can-bus doesnt make a difference. Guess its like a network and the devices identify themselves etc.

I am not saying its a can-bus issue for sure ! I can simply just be a faulty IMU. I had the same problem though once with a Quad. Kept on getting green flashes in the air. I replaced the cable thats going to the IMU and the flashes were gone. They keep on coming back though sometimes. Never really figured what went on !

Boris

(edit) ah and now i remember it was exactly like in your situation. The bird was in the air and when i gave more throttle the flashing started. Do you have your IMU or the can-bus cable from the IMU close to any ESCs or main power lead etc ?
Old Aug 31, 2012, 01:03 PM
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined May 2011
822 Posts
ah just searched in my old videos

CX dirft backwards and IMU lost signal ?? (0 min 44 sec)

can't see the green flashes in that, but i had them with that bird and the faulty unit was the PMU to which the IMU was connected !

Do you have a second WKM setup so you can test single components ?

Boris
Old Aug 31, 2012, 02:11 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Feb 2012
342 Posts
I only have the one WKM but it was setup and tested by Robert at UAV Products I haven't had to do much of anything other then add my AR8000 and connect it all up. All the wiring on this one was already done, so thats part of the reason why I am surprised it would be an error like that. Any other way I can rule out what else that LED may be? Lower the voltage (or raise it) to see if it is just a very conservative low voltage setting? It looks like its either yellow or green LED to me, and always very rapid flashing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorisSA View Post
ah just searched in my old videos.

https://vimeo.com/32780600

can't see the green flashes in that, but i had them with that bird and the faulty unit was the PMU to which the IMU was connected !

Do you have a second WKM setup so you can test single components ?

Boris
leemann is online now Find More Posts by leemann
Old Aug 31, 2012, 03:45 PM
France, Midi-Pyrénées, Toulouse
Joined Jun 2012
356 Posts
Quote:
Hi guys, quick question. Got my S800 flying (well hovering) Everything looks good other then after I give the S800 some throttle I start getting a rapid LED flashing. Looks yellow/green and its quick. Again only seems to happen once I start to give it some gas. Is this the battery voltage warning LED or the Atti Failure LED? I haven't seen either yet and just wanted to make sure before taking it up for some more testing. If you could let me know what one I am seeing that would be great. See video below for reference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4AK2FAPxCs
This Afternoon, a professional remerbers me :
white colors concern IMU
blue colors -> Rx Tx
green colors -> GPS/Compas
red colors -> lipos

So, i think it's your GPS. Where you in GPS mode during the video ? Can you try switch to ATTI ?
The more simple is to test with another GPS (friend?)
Panza is offline Find More Posts by Panza
Old Aug 31, 2012, 11:23 PM
Joined Aug 2012
21 Posts
curious if someone can tell me if you can regain control of the s800 in GPS mode by switching to Atti mode during its first level battery protection go home and land cycle . if so.... is there any mid flight consequences.
powking is offline Find More Posts by powking
Old Sep 01, 2012, 03:01 AM
Joined Aug 2012
5 Posts
@endofdays

thank you ferdinand for your fast answer,
i will have it checked today.
photograph is offline Find More Posts by photograph
Old Sep 01, 2012, 07:01 PM
Joined Aug 2012
66 Posts
can someone tell me if your s800 have vibration when it s windy?
coz no wind : stable
wind vibre, i don t dare to fly higher
jukusa is offline Find More Posts by jukusa
Old Sep 02, 2012, 12:49 AM
United States, CA, Anaheim
Joined Dec 2011
418 Posts
s800 + Z15 mounting locations of equipment

For those of you with an S800+Z15, can you describe where you are mounting your receivers and Z15 GCU? I'm trying to figure the best place to put everything so its easy to take apart and put back together. So much for the carrying case that came with the pre-order S800s, the only thing at this point it will really hold is the arm and props, especially with the WKM on its post mounted to center plate.

So with that said, I found the best way to mount my stuff, is to put the GCU and receiver (R6208SB) on top of gimbal then run (1) s-bus cable to the WKM on center plate. So I really have only a few connections (S-bus, Gimbal power, can-bus, and batteries).

What is everyone else doing, along with pictures of your setup and where things are at?
shdwkeeper is offline Find More Posts by shdwkeeper
Old Sep 02, 2012, 11:16 AM
Joined Apr 2012
75 Posts
gain settings for S800 and z15 zenmuse ?

Hello !

Can anybody tell me his gain settings for this configuration ?
My copter flies very good but too sluggish.

Fritz
fritz99 is offline Find More Posts by fritz99
Old Sep 02, 2012, 08:25 PM
United States, CA, Anaheim
Joined Dec 2011
418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritz99 View Post
Hello !

Can anybody tell me his gain settings for this configuration ?
My copter flies very good but too sluggish.

Fritz
Try these: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=775
shdwkeeper is offline Find More Posts by shdwkeeper
Old Sep 03, 2012, 04:43 AM
Polynésie française, Îles du Vent, Papeete
Joined Mar 2010
519 Posts
does anybody use the graupner 14x8 on S800?
flytahiti is offline Find More Posts by flytahiti
Old Sep 03, 2012, 06:52 PM
Joined Jun 2011
206 Posts
S800 Z15 1 man, 2 man setup

I have ordered a S800 and Zenmuse And i am going to use it as a 1 man and 2 man setup. Using a Graupner MX20 as primary TX and a JR for the camera man.

Question is: how to hook up this, so i can switch between 1 and 2 person operation in the easiest way?

I know u can use ppm on the WKM , but not on the gimbal... And the Graupner is only 12Ch, but i don't need all ch in the 1 man setup.
I can also hookup the JR to the Graupner, an assign som of the channels to the JR.

Anybody who could help me with this?

Regards Pål
pal72 is offline Find More Posts by pal72
Old Sep 04, 2012, 07:08 AM
Portugal, Faro, Loulé
Joined Jun 2012
362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pal72 View Post
I have ordered a S800 and Zenmuse And i am going to use it as a 1 man and 2 man setup. Using a Graupner MX20 as primary TX and a JR for the camera man.

Question is: how to hook up this, so i can switch between 1 and 2 person operation in the easiest way?

I know u can use ppm on the WKM , but not on the gimbal... And the Graupner is only 12Ch, but i don't need all ch in the 1 man setup.
I can also hookup the JR to the Graupner, an assign som of the channels to the JR.

Anybody who could help me with this?

Regards Pål
I think you can use 2 receivers with one MX-20, so you can use one receiver for the wookong and other for the Zenmuse, and with that you only need to have another cheep graupner transmitter to use only with the receiver of zenmuse.
fsimao222 is offline Find More Posts by fsimao222