HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 28, 2012, 06:22 PM
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Jun 2012
326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicoblast View Post
Yep, I mounted the cinestar 3 axis under the S800, will post pics ASAP...
hoooo!! really!?!?
Can't wait to see that!
I'm in a project to build a professionel AP rig but i can't decide now between s800, cinestar and witch gimbal....
but s800 with cinestar 3axis gimbal, it look like a good compromise
animau is offline Find More Posts by animau
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 28, 2012, 06:29 PM
UAV Constructor
Poland, Dolnoslaskie, Wroclaw
Joined Aug 2012
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by animau View Post
witch gimbal....
thought that witches used to cast come spells not stabilise media but...

yea, S800is best flying solution now on the market.
generally i do have idea how to mount it. we'll see if it's the same
Ciast3k is offline Find More Posts by Ciast3k
Old Aug 28, 2012, 06:49 PM
United States, CA, Anaheim
Joined Dec 2011
379 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciast3k View Post

there were solar storms. You should watch them befor flying with GPS
Wow, never knew
shdwkeeper is offline Find More Posts by shdwkeeper
Old Aug 28, 2012, 06:52 PM
Joined Dec 2011
379 Posts
Ok, got the Z15-GH2, using an 8FG Super with S-Bus. I'm going to hook everything up in next few days on the S800. Looking at manual for Single Pilot it says it takes up 14 channels. Does anyone have a quick setup using 8FG/S-bus and the S800+Z15, what plugs into what and what channels on the Tx you are mapping everything to?

Just curious.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 08:38 PM
Joined Aug 2012
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shdwkeeper View Post
Ok, got the Z15-GH2, using an 8FG Super with S-Bus. I'm going to hook everything up in next few days on the S800. Looking at manual for Single Pilot it says it takes up 14 channels. Does anyone have a quick setup using 8FG/S-bus and the S800+Z15, what plugs into what and what channels on the Tx you are mapping everything to?

Just curious.
Z15- GH2 has hit the market..?
powking is offline Find More Posts by powking
Old Aug 28, 2012, 08:52 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
7,946 Posts
I think Boris got one of the first. I believe that Robert as UAV Products said he had a shipment that was already sold with more coming in within a week or two. Check over on the Z-15 thread.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Photogrammetry Solution
Old Aug 28, 2012, 09:54 PM
Joined Apr 2012
478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by powking View Post
Yes I have one
flyingbiscuit1 is online now Find More Posts by flyingbiscuit1
Old Aug 28, 2012, 10:32 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
7,946 Posts
And???
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Photogrammetry Solution
Old Aug 28, 2012, 11:01 PM
Joined Dec 2011
379 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by powking View Post
Just came in last week.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 03:10 AM
Joined Aug 2012
3 Posts
I've experienced weird problem with one of my Escs .Even though my S800 has new V4 escs and the MC is produced after Feb 2012 , but when I tried to fly S800 for maiden test , one of ESCs burned and I saw smoke from it .
I checked the ESC and unfortunately it is unusable now .
I emailed DJI and they told me this problem is relates to Power-Surge . But I'm sure that my batteries are OK and they work flawlessly . S800 is not my first MR and I know exactly what I do . I have couple of multirotors like Octa XL , Hexa XL , DJI F450 , DJI F550 .
Any idea ?

BTW , this is what I see on the ESC: DJI. High Voltage.BLDC A.Q.04 09 v4
I guess this ESC might be the new one which DJI produced . is it true ?
H.aghaei is offline Find More Posts by H.aghaei
Old Aug 29, 2012, 05:03 AM
Gravity sucks :)
Indonesia
Joined Jul 2005
924 Posts
Hi, I upgraded the S800 to the latest firmware (5.14a), reset everything and set everything again, re-calibrated the gps. Only change the gain for pitch & roll to 200. All the crazy stuff we had before are gone! GPS is very good. Very please, for now.
ddmt is online now Find More Posts by ddmt
Old Aug 29, 2012, 05:09 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Aug 2011
249 Posts
Hey Everyone.

Just building up an S800 and i'd love to see some photos of how to layout the FC components.

I've got a couple of WKM's on other craft, but would like to see some pics on how people are laying them out on the S800 frame

Cheers!
Huddo is online now Find More Posts by Huddo
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 29, 2012, 07:31 AM
Finland, Helsinki
Joined Aug 2012
52 Posts
Hey everyone!
I thought I would get a little involved with this thread since my S800 / Zenmuse Z15n / WooKong-M combo just isn't flying the way it was advertised.

Lets start from the beginning, as this may also help some people.

After setting up my S800 for the first time with the WK-M, I calibrated my RX&TX (Graupner GR-16 & MX-20) and inputted the correct values (I hope correct) into the software.
Using 1x 6S 5000mah battery, and based on my center of gravity (CG) being direct center of the S800 my IMU has values of x=-7 (distance from CP to the center of the IMU) | y=0 | z=0 and my GPS has values of x:0 | y:0 | z:-17 (height of the longest GPS pole). I was using the default AP settings.
On a side note, does anyone know how exact these settings need too be? will it really ruin your flight if you are say .5 - 1cm off?

I calibrated the GPS and took it for a first test fly...flight was perfect.. flawless!
I gave it a quick few turns and back a forward motion and it was holding altitude like it was on a string.

So...super excited, I then attached the Zenmuse with my Nex7, calibrated it to a separate TX/RX (another Graupner GR-16 & MX-20) and adjusted the CG point by balancing it out with the batteries. Im running 2x 6S 5000mah LiPos on the supplied battery tray that came with the S800. Seeing as the CG point was now again in the middle, i didn't change and of the IMU or GPS position settings, nor did i change any of the AP settings.

I went out for a test fly once again, and this time the flight was much worse. the main issue was the altitude hold. It was up and down like a yo-yo sometimes raising 3-4m without my control and other times dropping as if it was loosing power. GPS seemed to be holding just fine and when i changed to full manual mode, i could 'manually' get it to hover really well. I kind of gathered that this would happen there was now a lot of extra weight. I also had to move the GPS position a few degrees to the right as mentioned in the manual, as i wasnt getting a directly straight flight when using GPS.

After some reading (this forum and others), i found that i had to change the AP gain settings.
I've since done this and although flight is much better, im still not satisfied.
The settings im using atm are: 220/220/150/180, 140/140
When using altitude hold, it seems to be holding ok with a +/- of .5m. When i switch to GPS, it starts to go up and down again.

Another strange thing that it's now doing is when i am in AH and move the s800 quickly forward by about 20m, it holds altitude as it should, but when i then bring it back toward me the same 20m, it shoots up in the air by about 3-4m & the LED flashes white twice and then back to yellow which according to the manual means 'Attitude status fair'. AHHH...so frustrating! Ive put together full MikroKopter systems in a shorter time than its taken to work this out

I have contacted DJI directly asking what the optimal settings are for the whole package combination as im not using anything but DJI systems, but no response. Im surprised they dont have a simple checkbox in the software for 'Zenmuse attached' either that or somewhere you can define the total weight of the copter and then it works the gains out accordingly.

Anyway, any suggestions on these comments would be greatly appreciated as im keen to get out and fly 'comfortably' asap!
koptercam is offline Find More Posts by koptercam
Old Aug 29, 2012, 07:49 AM
Austria, Niederösterr., Eggenburg
Joined Jan 2010
1,350 Posts
@Koptercam,

Just make the try and go for a flight with only one pack, and see if the behavior is getting better, I think you are already close to 7kg which is close to the limit. You can of course still raise the vertical gain, to check if that has any effect in your config.

best regards

Ferdinand
EndOfDays is offline Find More Posts by EndOfDays
Old Aug 29, 2012, 08:12 AM
Finland, Helsinki
Joined Aug 2012
52 Posts
Thanks Ferdinand,
Yea, I have already tried with one pack (I should have stated that).
It was still doing the same with one pack. Ive raised the vertical gain to maximum of 190, I might try 200, but this seems pretty high already.

Regarding the weight, almost all of DJI's videos I've seen it looks like they are using 2 packs. Now weather or not they are the same 5000mah that im using, im guessing they would still weigh about the same. This video in particular looks almost idenical to my setup in terms of battery size and placement...

DJI Zenmuse Z15 3 work modes-Back to Mid-point&Orientation-locked&Non Orientation-lockedmode (0 min 57 sec)
koptercam is offline Find More Posts by koptercam
Last edited by koptercam; Aug 29, 2012 at 08:40 AM.