flytahiti is offline Find More Posts by flytahiti
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 26, 2012, 04:11 AM
Netherlands
Joined May 2006
482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaalie View Post

Here you can see the final result, the props I used for the moulds I thought came from rc-timer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCwhQ5iEcbA
Now I have a set in the moulds with the under and upper cloth made from spread tow, and also an extra layer glass in between. The tips from the props in the vid are a little more flexible as the original ones (the center is more rigid).
Photo's are on the way (also requested else).
Aaalie is online now Find More Posts by Aaalie
Old Aug 26, 2012, 04:45 AM
Slovenia
Joined Feb 2011
734 Posts
Is this a good way to mount the antennas? Pointing down. Front arms of the copter are on the left side of the photo.
quadslo is offline Find More Posts by quadslo
Old Aug 26, 2012, 08:44 AM
Joined Aug 2012
1 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsimao222 View Post
Hi guys,
Yesterday i increase the idle speed and in the ground motor 1 led stop blinking and today i made another try in the field.
The motor looks ok but in the GPS mode my s800 have a strange behavior. It can’t stay still. It moves all by itself for about an range of 5 meters and the wookong LED starts blinking 2 times white and one time purple (Attitude Status Fair)
I’ve made the GPS calibration again to make sure the problem isn’t from it and it continue to have the same behavior.
In the air in autopilot mode in changes the throttle a lot. Sometimes it come down like 4meters (I have to push throttle a little bit to it stop the descendent move) and other times it starts rising in the sky and I have to push throttle down to it stop.
In my firs test it have the same behavior but much less clear and i think that could be from gains.

What is the problem now?

Thanks
i also have this problem. Now i try to reset everything and testing tomorrow.
akulee is offline Find More Posts by akulee
Old Aug 26, 2012, 10:23 AM
Artic jetflyer
Stabekk, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
277 Posts
Godt my arms with replaced esc's back a few weeks ago.
Had a few flights , but it still suffers from vibrations and white flashes when flying. I am on FW 5.12 and props are very carefully balanced.

The vibrations seem to cause the white flashes, and when they occur, the s800 seems more nerveous and I hear the motors very rapidly changes speed causing even more vibrations and flashes like its entering a bad cycle. I sometimes get the feeling it's about to loose itself.
Tried a variety of gains, and so far 160,160,140,120 seems to work the best.

I also fly a lot of f450/ 550 naza. Had hundreds of flights and they never missed a beat, no nervousness, no jitter, no nothing. They just work perfectly every time Not had 1 crash and never have I had the feeling it was about to lose it.

So I ask my self. Why does this simple, low cost setup handle so much better than this top of the line hexa and controller? I don't know, but it should not be like that.
I am kind of regretting buying the s800, simply because I don't trust it for a second. Therefore I not want to invest another thousands of dollars in a gimbals and camera for it. If it could be trusted, I'd do it right away.
The s800 was intended to be a photo ship, but the f550 already performs that task very reliably for a fraction of the cost.

My other hobby is turbine jets, so I don't mind investing in equipment, but if the jets was as unreliable as the s800's have proven to be, they would not be flying.

I have a feeling the problem now lies in the very flimsy arms and poor props. It will never stop vibrating unless the arms and/ or props are replaced.

Oe thing is for sure. I'll never get on a high end per-order again. I'll wait some months and let others be the testers.
sap_2000 is offline Find More Posts by sap_2000
Old Aug 26, 2012, 11:10 AM
Joined Aug 2012
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
Make sure that your end points are at 100%, no D/R. Also, no trims or subtrims. Recheck the direction of your sticks. When the elevator moves up the slider should move right, down is left. The Throttle is the same up is right.
Thanks Tahoe Ed! I was overlooking the direction of the slider on the throttle. much appreciated!
powking is offline Find More Posts by powking
Old Aug 26, 2012, 03:30 PM
Polynésie française, Îles du Vent, Papeete
Joined Mar 2010
487 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sap_2000 View Post
Godt my arms with replaced esc's back a few weeks ago.
Had a few flights , but it still suffers from vibrations and white flashes when flying. I am on FW 5.12 and props are very carefully balanced.

The vibrations seem to cause the white flashes, and when they occur, the s800 seems more nerveous and I hear the motors very rapidly changes speed causing even more vibrations and flashes like its entering a bad cycle. I sometimes get the feeling it's about to loose itself.
Tried a variety of gains, and so far 160,160,140,120 seems to work the best.

I also fly a lot of f450/ 550 naza. Had hundreds of flights and they never missed a beat, no nervousness, no jitter, no nothing. They just work perfectly every time Not had 1 crash and never have I had the feeling it was about to lose it.

So I ask my self. Why does this simple, low cost setup handle so much better than this top of the line hexa and controller? I don't know, but it should not be like that.
I am kind of regretting buying the s800, simply because I don't trust it for a second. Therefore I not want to invest another thousands of dollars in a gimbals and camera for it. If it could be trusted, I'd do it right away.
The s800 was intended to be a photo ship, but the f550 already performs that task very reliably for a fraction of the cost.

My other hobby is turbine jets, so I don't mind investing in equipment, but if the jets was as unreliable as the s800's have proven to be, they would not be flying.

I have a feeling the problem now lies in the very flimsy arms and poor props. It will never stop vibrating unless the arms and/ or props are replaced.

Oe thing is for sure. I'll never get on a high end per-order again. I'll wait some months and let others be the testers.
i have the same problem vibrations don't affect the zenmuse witch is really a top product but i have many white flashes and then the s800 have strange behavior. I have ask DJI if it's dangerous to fly with white flashes ( up to three)
and what white flash mean ( so i could find a solution ) , but i never get the answer. so fly with the zenmuse is really scary.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 04:45 PM
Artic jetflyer
Stabekk, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
277 Posts
It's all in the manual.
Tripple white flashes = "attitude status bad"
I translate that to that the imu is loosing orientation to a degree and therefore the ability to control the multi.

When is dji going to replace those flimsy arms?
sap_2000 is offline Find More Posts by sap_2000
Old Aug 26, 2012, 06:21 PM
Joined Mar 2010
487 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sap_2000 View Post
It's all in the manual.
Tripple white flashes = "attitude status bad"
I translate that to that the imu is loosing orientation to a degree and therefore the ability to control the multi.

When is dji going to replace those flimsy arms?
so you think vibrations are responsible of this. but some time i have white flash even before start up .
if white flash mean imu is loosing orientation then the risk of crash is great.!!
do you think switch to manual mode when it happen could save the situation.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 02:45 AM
Joined Mar 2010
487 Posts
anybody knows those props they advertise dynamically balanced !!!
http://www.hobby-wing.com/p1540c-car...propeller.html
Old Aug 27, 2012, 02:01 PM
Joined Aug 2012
66 Posts
i have bought the s800 2 weeks ago, i have upgraded my wk to 5.14a, test some fly.
I found it has lot of vib. i tried to touch the gain but can t have something as stable as my f550. and sometimes is strange, when i am in mod gps, he fall 4-5 meter randomly , i need to push the throttle to stabilize it.
did i do the good choice to buy this s800?
jukusa is offline Find More Posts by jukusa
Old Aug 27, 2012, 05:18 PM
Joined Oct 2011
50 Posts
Some aerial video with S800+zenmuse in this clip

Aquasplash (2 min 16 sec)
filmer is offline Find More Posts by filmer
Old Aug 27, 2012, 07:44 PM
AEM
Bay Area, CA
Joined Sep 2009
926 Posts
@filmer

Nice! Thanks for sharing.
AEMontoya is online now Find More Posts by AEMontoya
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DJI Phantom on 4s with WKM
Old Aug 27, 2012, 11:07 PM
Joined Aug 2012
21 Posts
My S800 Crashed in GPS mode tonight trying to autoland after I reached my first level protection. ..I had it set as GH & Landing...It was more like go home and CRASH!
powking is offline Find More Posts by powking
Old Aug 27, 2012, 11:11 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
7,934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by powking View Post
My S800 Crashed in GPS mode tonight trying to autoland after I reached my first level protection. ..I had it set as GH & Landing...It was more like go home and CRASH!
Ok, what were the rest of your settings? What version of the software were you using etc. Powking you have been here enough to know the drill if you want help.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Photogrammetry Solution