HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 24, 2012, 08:50 AM
FPV AND AERIAL PHOTO/VIDEO
Joined May 2012
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flytahiti View Post
i use those props, they are much better than originals much harder , less vibration the noise sound more "normal" http://www.foxtechfpv.com/1555-plus-...ccw-p-582.html i found it a great improvement .
hi i just ordered these because of your recommendation. are u still happy with them ? so it was a great improvement? i just had a maiden flight this morning . did a test video with a gopro. i havent attempted to check balance of blades but i was not happy with the video results at all. i will be getting the z-15 gimble but for the moment i gotta sort out this vibration issue. appreciate your input thanks so much
clevis41 is offline Find More Posts by clevis41
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 24, 2012, 01:09 PM
Needs more bacon!
United States, WI, Milwaukee
Joined Jan 2011
1,045 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevis41 View Post
hi i just ordered these because of your recommendation. are u still happy with them ? so it was a great improvement? i just had a maiden flight this morning . did a test video with a gopro. i havent attempted to check balance of blades but i was not happy with the video results at all. i will be getting the z-15 gimble but for the moment i gotta sort out this vibration issue. appreciate your input thanks so much
I received my 1555 plus blades from foxtechfpv last week and found that these cause more vibration than the stock S800 blades. Any one else find that same result or did I just get a bad batch of blades?

The way I tested was I took 1 arm off and clamped it down and strapped my iPhone to the arm running the app "Vibration". I kept the S800 blade on and recorded the vibration at 75% throttle. I then swapped the blade to a Foxtech 1555 and did the same thing and found more vibration.

I did find when I was flying the foxtech 1555 plus baldes I got 2min more flight time but I could see a slight amount of vibration from the blades in the video from my Z15... so it was bad.
Dolby is online now Find More Posts by Dolby
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 24, 2012, 02:58 PM
Netherlands
Joined May 2006
502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
I received my 1555 plus blades from foxtechfpv last week and found that these cause more vibration than the stock S800 blades. Any one else find that same result or did I just get a bad batch of blades?
Same here. At first I did not want to post it here... it could have been just the ones I ordered. And I must say, at first I didn't even ordered them because of the balsa core. Like the original S800 props those are also not full Carbon, and flex a lot. After the positive experience here, I was anxious to try a set. Little disappointment, I'll stay with my home made's.

Bought a lot of different props, just one set, from every possible size for an S800 motor/arm, and tried them. There are a lot of props with vibes.
The best ones were the Xoar wooden props, every size, no vibrations. But they are difficult to mount in a proper way. Same as the APC 14*4,7, little vibes, lots of thrust with lesser amp draw. But mounting them is a pain.
One of the best CF props, which only had vibes at full throttle, I thickened the "center", and made a mould from them.
Those props are good now, and have very little till no vibes at full throttle, and the same flight time as the originals. They also look neat, and the mounting is like the originals.
Aaalie is offline Find More Posts by Aaalie
Old Aug 24, 2012, 04:58 PM
PolynÚsie franšaise, ╬les du Vent, Papeete
Joined Mar 2010
492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevis41 View Post
i haven't tried with the Z15 . but the the sound i much better and they are more rigid so it appear to me they have less vibration .but i could trust dolby and Aaalie they made many test.
flytahiti is offline Find More Posts by flytahiti
Old Aug 24, 2012, 05:14 PM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,041 Posts
I'm not trying to sound condescending, I do have a legit question though. Are people putting these props on and expecting a perfectly harmonious setup? No one here is mentioning that they are trying to balance all these different kinds of props they bought? Is there a reason for this? Even if the props were $200 a piece I would still try to balance them.

I'm not expecting a balance free setup, I'm really looking for props with less flex which should certainly add flight time. The S800 is already an efficient combo but if we had props that had little to no flex I bet we could see a very good improvement on the already good flight times.

This weekend I'm going to see what happens with the S800 when it has 6S 16000 strapped under it while carrying a Z15 & 5N. I'm just going to leave it on GPS hold and watch the Quanum telemetry to see how long before I hit 3.4-3.2V per cell.
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Old Aug 24, 2012, 05:25 PM
Netherlands
Joined May 2006
502 Posts
Balancing props is the basics. Of course.
But there are perfectly balanced props that still have more or less vibes. The original S800 props are the perfect example, including the bladetracking that is very worse with a few S800 props.
I found the need to look for others, unfortunately, because I'm the last one to exchange props unnecessary.

Making the arms more rigid would also be a possibility. Many of "us" S800 owners think the arms are not rigid enough, and therefore the machine has to many vibes (some really do). But that would only solve the result, in stead of the cause (prop vibes). I'd rather search for less vibrating props, the complete machine benefits from those lesser vibrations.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 05:32 PM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,041 Posts
I would agree lesser vibrations are always better. Have you tried to dynamically balance these other props to try and minimize the vibes going down the arms?

Balancing the prop with the spinning bell should be most beneficial. I'd like to see someone try that on an arm that they have seen visible vibration to see if it minimizes or eliminates it on that arm.

When I get time I might try that this weekend as well.
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Old Aug 24, 2012, 06:59 PM
Needs more bacon!
United States, WI, Milwaukee
Joined Jan 2011
1,045 Posts
This is after balancing even though Foxtech claims in their description they were already professionally balanced (they were not as I even found a few with the hub off balance).

I'm not getting any visible (to the eye) vibration with the DJI S800 props just thought I'd try these Foxtech props to see if they would improve things even more. So its not like I'm actively wanting to fix something, it was just a test.
Dolby is online now Find More Posts by Dolby
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Dolby; Aug 24, 2012 at 07:05 PM.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 07:54 PM
Joined Aug 2012
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huddo View Post
What colour lights are flashing after power on... and are you arming the motors?
In Atti.. I am getting 3 red Med speed and 2 fast yellow flashes? I tried to arm in all the stick configurations shown in the directions. nothing calibrated the GPS still nothing. one thing I did notice is in the wookong assistant software I cant see the arrow to select motor Idle speed?
powking is offline Find More Posts by powking
Old Aug 25, 2012, 04:06 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Aug 2011
249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by powking View Post
In Atti.. I am getting 3 red Med speed and 2 fast yellow flashes? I tried to arm in all the stick configurations shown in the directions. nothing calibrated the GPS still nothing. one thing I did notice is in the wookong assistant software I cant see the arrow to select motor Idle speed?
3 Red and then Yellow means it has low or no GPS signal, and in Atti mode.

Have you checked the calibration of your controls? e.g. left rudder goes left etc.
Huddo is offline Find More Posts by Huddo
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 25, 2012, 08:20 AM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Feb 2012
264 Posts
I am also having trouble being able to get the motors to start on my S800. I have everything setup and no errors in the assistant, all the modes seem correct as well. All I get thats at bit out of the ordinary is red LEDs at times on the WKM LED indicator. Sometimes its 3 flashes of red then the LED color of the mode its in. Sometimes its only 1 red then the mode light. Everything else seems normal. Am I overlooking something? I have it setup with a DX8 and AR8000. Everything is stock. Also have the Z15n on there too. I have tried the sticks in every direction to get it to arm and no luck so far. Any advice and help would be great.
leemann is offline Find More Posts by leemann
Old Aug 25, 2012, 08:57 AM
Austria, Nieder÷sterr., Eggenburg
Joined Jan 2010
1,384 Posts
I am not sure if that has been posted, seems that there has been some WKMs with wrong stickers looking like this:

http://www.mk-fr.info/forum/index.ph...c&topic=5770.0

best regards

Ferdinand
EndOfDays is offline Find More Posts by EndOfDays
Old Aug 25, 2012, 11:47 AM
Joined Oct 2011
50 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaalie View Post
One of the best CF props, which only had vibes at full throttle, I thickened the "center", and made a mould from them.
Those props are good now, and have very little till no vibes at full throttle, and the same flight time as the originals. They also look neat, and the mounting is like the originals.
Hi Aaalie, Could you tell us exactly wich CF props are this ones?
filmer is offline Find More Posts by filmer
Old Aug 25, 2012, 12:34 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leemann View Post
I am also having trouble being able to get the motors to start on my S800. I have everything setup and no errors in the assistant, all the modes seem correct as well. All I get thats at bit out of the ordinary is red LEDs at times on the WKM LED indicator. Sometimes its 3 flashes of red then the LED color of the mode its in. Sometimes its only 1 red then the mode light. Everything else seems normal. Am I overlooking something? I have it setup with a DX8 and AR8000. Everything is stock. Also have the Z15n on there too. I have tried the sticks in every direction to get it to arm and no luck so far. Any advice and help would be great.
Make sure that your end points are at 100%, no D/R. Also, no trims or subtrims. Recheck the direction of your sticks. When the elevator moves up the slider should move right, down is left. The Throttle is the same up is right.
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: DJI Accessory Pin Out
Old Aug 26, 2012, 02:19 AM
Netherlands
Joined May 2006
502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by filmer View Post
Hi Aaalie, Could you tell us exactly wich CF props are this ones?
http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...6&productname=