HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 13, 2013, 02:37 AM
Australia, NSW, Stanhope Gardens
Joined Aug 2012
320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerthWKM View Post
I am completing a setup with S800 and Zenmuse gimbal and have been trying to get a one radio setup using the Futaba 14SG radio. This accomodates two receivers but allocating the channels and attempting to keep all the functionality of S.BUS connections and the Main Controller and the Gimbol Controller has been a challenge. I have got something that appears to work but have not been able to get the DG channels 13 and 14 working even for shutter or video controls. I have also been warned from the guy at the local store that the use of the PWM can cause the craft to 'twitch' which sounds a bit odd.

Attached is the schematic of the setup...
I had / have almost the exact same issue on my 18MZ and from what the more experienced guys here told me was that the 2 digital channels are only available via SBUS. I bought the SBUS-PWM module and will try it out tomorrow night and see if i can get those 2 channels working that way.
I'll post my results back here
Are there any 20+ channel radios? by the time you wire up all the DJI options there's not a free channel left outta 18....
Brett1868 is offline Find More Posts by Brett1868
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2013, 07:09 AM
Joined Apr 2012
483 Posts
As far as the maxamps.com batteries are concerned they are great (what I experianced) if you fly 30min+ so in the <2C range. The more you draw, the faster they age.

best regards

Ferdinand[/QUOTE]

I think my point is that if the battery us 5C constant then they should say 5C, not 40C. When they are asking so much money you would expect every fact on the battery to be tested and published, and if they rate things differently from normal practice then they should be upfront and state that, they are perfectly aware that there rating systems are different from normal practice and do not inform the public of that.

here is the link to Maxamps response to a user

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1761789
flyingbiscuit1 is online now Find More Posts by flyingbiscuit1
Last edited by flyingbiscuit1; Feb 13, 2013 at 11:40 AM.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:11 PM
Joined Jan 2013
72 Posts
Anyone tested the Secraft ANTI-VIBRATION ARMS yet? any videos?
Parsec3d is offline Find More Posts by Parsec3d
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:21 PM
Spain, Murcia, Cartagena
Joined Nov 2012
86 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parsec3d View Post
I will try it tomorrow

toscatara is offline Find More Posts by toscatara
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:32 PM
Joined Mar 2012
797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parsec3d View Post
Going to test in 30 min, will post back.
Btw, I only go this to improve flight and reduce white flashes, I was never getting vibes with the Z15 anyway...
c3d76 is offline Find More Posts by c3d76
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:33 PM
Austria, Niederösterr., Eggenburg
Joined Jan 2010
1,420 Posts
@flyingbiscuit1

I wanted to state, that nowadays, you cannot trust any C-rating from any vendor. All of them are writing fantasy-numbers on the packs.

best regards

Ferdinand
EndOfDays is offline Find More Posts by EndOfDays
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:40 PM
Joined Dec 2010
501 Posts
What is your opinion on the Secraft aluminum arm supports. Are the arms as stiff as the carbon reinforced ones?
redridinghood is offline Find More Posts by redridinghood
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:41 PM
The greatest pleasure in life.
United States, TX, Pflugerville
Joined Dec 2010
105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by c3d76 View Post
Going to test in 30 min, will post back.
Btw, I only go this to improve flight and reduce white flashes, I was never getting vibes with the Z15 anyway...
I just ordered mine (2-red & 4-black) from UAV. I can't wait to get them.
I will post after I get them installed and test flown.

Digitally,
Mac
Mac176 is offline Find More Posts by Mac176
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:18 PM
Joined Apr 2012
483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by toscatara View Post
I will try it tomorrow

wow they look sharp!
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:22 PM
Joined Apr 2012
483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfDays View Post
@flyingbiscuit1

I wanted to state, that nowadays, you cannot trust any C-rating from any vendor. All of them are writing fantasy-numbers on the packs.

best regards

Ferdinand
Yes I take your point, and its true but I think Maxamps knowing that most people who read a 40c battery would expect it to be close to a 40c constant, not a 5c constant. The fact is they know the difference and don't do anything to inform the consumer about this.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:37 PM
Patrick Jenkins
USA, LA, 5
Joined Dec 2006
1,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingbiscuit1 View Post
Yes I take your point, and its true but I think Maxamps knowing that most people who read a 40c battery would expect it to be close to a 40c constant, not a 5c constant. The fact is they know the difference and don't do anything to inform the consumer about this.
Max Amps is getting those cells for next to nothing because of the low c ratings...sadly enough, they don't pass the savings down to the consumer. Those cells can't be more than 5 bucks a cell at such a low c rating imo.

Some really great input on this thread. I should be pulling the trigger on something real soon.
zagimon is offline Find More Posts by zagimon
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:40 PM
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Feb 2013
931 Posts
slightly off topic, and just an honest question: does anyone else thing the s800 has the dumbest name ever for a multirotor? i mean come on, 'spreading wings'? did someone actually pick that, or is it just a bad chinese to english translation?

in all honesty, they're sexy and i want one. badly. but the name... omg. i'd have to leave the spreading wings part out if anyone asked me what frame it is lol.
serrated is offline Find More Posts by serrated
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:57 PM
Stay airborne my friends
USA, TN, Dickson
Joined Nov 2004
998 Posts
I flew with the Secraft arms a while ago and they did stiffen up the arms quite a bit. I was still getting a little vibration on my 3XPro gimbal but I think I might have that figured out. I flipped the gimbal over where the camera is hanging and the vibes were pretty much gone.
rc-mike is offline Find More Posts by rc-mike
Old Feb 13, 2013, 06:21 PM
United States, MA, Boston
Joined Dec 2011
91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by serrated View Post
slightly off topic, and just an honest question: does anyone else thing the s800 has the dumbest name ever for a multirotor? i mean come on, 'spreading wings'? did someone actually pick that, or is it just a bad chinese to english translation?

in all honesty, they're sexy and i want one. badly. but the name... omg. i'd have to leave the spreading wings part out if anyone asked me what frame it is lol.
I don't see anything wrong with it. I was hoping the retracts they came out with were called 'spreading legs'. But DJI dropped the ball on that one.
piscaj is online now Find More Posts by piscaj
Old Feb 13, 2013, 06:31 PM
Joined Nov 2012
30 Posts
/\ /\ /\ /\ Like
Tony DeGarimore is offline Find More Posts by Tony DeGarimore