HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 11, 2013, 02:23 PM
Germany, SA, Halle Saale
Joined Nov 2012
390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
When my motor quit, I had no issues. I brought the S800 in and saw the prop for the number 1 motor was stopped I was able to land without incident. The S800 was on an earlier version of Assistant/Firmware and did not rotate. It just flew as if nothing was amiss. I was tempted to take out my cell phone and film it but thought that landing was a better option.

i remember ... but could you also hear the cut off and did you see a significant drop?

rené
renricker7 is offline Find More Posts by renricker7
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 11, 2013, 02:47 PM
Canada, QC, Laval
Joined Apr 2008
1,149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcollydas View Post
Hi guys I have my S800 up for sale in the classifieds. Also my f550 and my Flexacopter

Thanks
The S-800 is sold
Thanks
bcollydas is online now Find More Posts by bcollydas
Old Feb 11, 2013, 03:01 PM
Joined Jul 2008
401 Posts
Whats the general consensus on the best props for the S800 these days? I have the standard set but am looking for a replacement set to carry with me, and prefer to go away from carbon.
Jelico is offline Find More Posts by Jelico
Old Feb 11, 2013, 05:22 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Mar 2004
1,079 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelico View Post
Whats the general consensus on the best props for the S800 these days? I have the standard set but am looking for a replacement set to carry with me, and prefer to go away from carbon.

With regards to props. Here is a post that I have attached

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1829498

Next, I was wondering why you prefer to stay away from carbon fiber props?

When you think about it, with 75% to 90% flying is spent in hover. You think props designed for lift like heli blades would be better then using airplanes props... IMHO
Go4it is offline Find More Posts by Go4it
Old Feb 11, 2013, 05:43 PM
Joined Jul 2008
401 Posts
I guess my preference comes with my experience with carbon props in the smaller quads I have (Ecilop and TBS Discovery). In both cases the Gemfan carbon/nylon mix props seem to be smoother and less vibrations than the carbon equivalent even after balancing. The other reason is cost and replacablity. I am a firm beleiver in preventative maintanance and replacing props is something that I will do on my S800 every 10 hours of flight time or so. For me its an insurance policy so would prefer that to be a cheaper excercise if possible! At the end of the day though I will use what is best for the S800 - if thats carbon then thats what I will use - its just a preference really.

Cheers for the link : )
Jelico is offline Find More Posts by Jelico
Old Feb 12, 2013, 01:50 AM
Joined Mar 2012
785 Posts
Just letting you guys know I got the Secraft arm antivibration kit today.

Side to side or up and down, I cannot see any bend whatsoever (by hand). Super happy with the product although I could not test fly because of weather ):
I did not think it would work this well, and arms are so stiff now that I am just going to give up on the Carbon sleeve mod....

Cheers,

Ced.
c3d76 is online now Find More Posts by c3d76
Old Feb 12, 2013, 02:51 AM
Joined Sep 2012
60 Posts
Hi everyone!

The last flights iv got some really hard vibrations all together i got the problem when i move the s800 in the aire and fly in one direction it sinks very fast ( attitude mode mid stick ) i have do go to 80% or even 100% throttle to get it rise again!
Also the Motors make short gas feedrates at this time...
After it is good in midstick again i gat a bunch of white flashes after this inking.

As long as i am hovering everything is okey.

I blame it on the hard Vibrations!!!

Now im want to balance Motors an Propellers! I allready saw the Motorbalancing video.
But is there a way to get the Props balanced as well? anybody get some advice for me?

I allready got the adapters but i dont know if i should fly with the xoar propellers they are easy to balance but some people say they can brake the s800 in air...

thanks for your help! =)

Tony
Marown is offline Find More Posts by Marown
Old Feb 12, 2013, 04:05 AM
Stay airborne my friends
USA, TN, Dickson
Joined Nov 2004
998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by c3d76 View Post

Side to side or up and down, I cannot see any bend whatsoever (by hand). Super happy with the product although I could not test fly because of weather ):
I did not think it would work this well, and arms are so stiff now that I am just going to give up on the Carbon sleeve mod....

Cheers,

Ced.
That sounds encouraging. USPS has said mine are at JFK since the 9th. I'm hoping they hurry up and get here soon. I spent all day yesterday trying to get rid of vibes.
rc-mike is offline Find More Posts by rc-mike
Old Feb 12, 2013, 05:44 AM
Joined Mar 2007
231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marown View Post
Hi everyone!

The last flights iv got some really hard vibrations all together i got the problem when i move the s800 in the aire and fly in one direction it sinks very fast ( attitude mode mid stick ) i have do go to 80% or even 100% throttle to get it rise again!
Also the Motors make short gas feedrates at this time...
After it is good in midstick again i gat a bunch of white flashes after this inking.

As long as i am hovering everything is okey.

I blame it on the hard Vibrations!!!

Now im want to balance Motors an Propellers! I allready saw the Motorbalancing video.
But is there a way to get the Props balanced as well? anybody get some advice for me?

I allready got the adapters but i dont know if i should fly with the xoar propellers they are easy to balance but some people say they can brake the s800 in air...

thanks for your help! =)

Tony
I had the same issue, it would sink hard when moving horizontally, or when hovering if it was hit byba strong gust of wind, it almost crashed a couple of times, sometimes it would not recover even with full throttle.

I tried every possible mod, it turned out to be a faulty IMU.
Craneman is offline Find More Posts by Craneman
Old Feb 12, 2013, 08:22 AM
Joined Apr 2012
482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by c3d76 View Post

Cheers,

Ced.
Thanks for the update, let us know how it flies.
flyingbiscuit1 is offline Find More Posts by flyingbiscuit1
Old Feb 12, 2013, 08:24 AM
Spain, Murcia, Cartagena
Joined Nov 2012
86 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingbiscuit1 View Post
Thanks for the update, let us know how it flies.
+1
thank
toscatara is offline Find More Posts by toscatara
Old Feb 12, 2013, 08:47 AM
United States, MI, Goodrich
Joined Mar 2004
3,845 Posts
SeCraft order to arrive today or Weds.

Adding them to the site later today for those that have been asking. Also, have the prop adapters coming to.

Sorry for the spam
UAVProducts is offline Find More Posts by UAVProducts
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:05 AM
United Kingdom, England, Surrey
Joined Jan 2012
429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craneman View Post
I had the same issue, it would sink hard when moving horizontally, or when hovering if it was hit byba strong gust of wind, it almost crashed a couple of times, sometimes it would not recover even with full throttle.

I tried every possible mod, it turned out to be a faulty IMU.
Juan, was it definately IMU? did you change back to old one, and have the problems again? I still am having problems but have looked at the log files and it appears to be caused by flex or vibration of the arms..
Aviator1 is offline Find More Posts by Aviator1
Old Feb 12, 2013, 01:07 PM
Joined May 2012
56 Posts
Hey guys,

I've been getting alot of private messages about various questions regarding mods, camera settings, etc. I commented on this before but wanted to say it again. We were struggling like crazy with rolling shutter or "jello". If we get micro vibrations, warp stabilizer can handle that no problem. But jello renders the footage useless. We added denny's prop adaptors and fly APC SlowFly 14x4.7's. We added some aluminum rods on the arms to try and harness some of that flex. We tried using moongel and sorbothane in various ways. We CG'd our gimbal on each axis. And while these things helped a little bit, we still had rolling shutter. Then we lowered our gains. We had them hovering around 200 and dropped them down in the 130 range. All rolling shutter was gone. We still have some slight micro vibs if we are pushing the copter hard, but everything is useable. Moral of the story, modifications definitely help, but spend some serious time on your gains.

To show you how well this has worked for us, here is our latest, the last shot is NOT reversed, nothing was slowed down and we only ran post-stab on a few clips.

Over the Farm (1 min 16 sec)
Capo Creative is offline Find More Posts by Capo Creative
Old Feb 12, 2013, 01:13 PM
Philippines
Joined Dec 2010
532 Posts
http://www.foxtechfpv.com/6s-9000mah...ery-p-741.html
Anybody's got experienced on these lipos?
Ab74 is offline Find More Posts by Ab74