HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 05, 2013, 06:58 PM
Cumming Ga
Joined Apr 2002
2,883 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pipercubdude View Post
does anybody make an adapter plate to use the Cinestar gimble on the S800 frame ?
We are Cinestar dealers and are working on a mount for this.
atlav8r is offline Find More Posts by atlav8r
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2013, 07:03 PM
Joined Mar 2012
786 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlav8r View Post
We are Cinestar dealers and are working on a mount for this.
I'm in for one as well ^^
c3d76 is offline Find More Posts by c3d76
Old Feb 05, 2013, 09:33 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Mar 2004
1,088 Posts
I got my DJI S800 flying with all most no vibs after several months and installing carbon fiber sleeves, balancing the motors, along with balancing the props, then checking the balance with the props installed on the motors. The DJI WK-M with the latest update I think it's go to go.
I was looking for another S800 when I came across a S800 clone. So I ordered it and it came in today. The metal case looks just like the one I have and the S800 clone looks 99% like my DJI S800. The clone was $1000 with case plus shipping. If you do a search on Google for S800 clone UAVOBJECTS.COM will come up --ask for Kendall he is very helpful. I don't know how long the sale will last and I have not put it together yet. But at first glance it's a xerox copy. at half the price. The motors are 350KV and the ESC looks the same . But I think they may be different from what I just read on the net..The other difference it has three green LED lights and three red LEDS. Anyhow when I get it in the air I will post the results. With savings I will go with the DJI landing retracts I was going with the Seacraft but at $630 I will opp the extra cost for the DJI retracts
Go4it is offline Find More Posts by Go4it
Old Feb 05, 2013, 09:50 PM
Canada, QC, Laval
Joined Apr 2008
1,149 Posts
I get my oders at about 5 days and I don't have to pay any brokerage fees or duties. Anything I get from USA I have to pay customs fees.

I also got my S-800 retracts replaced for free.
Bill

PS
Talk to Sang ,excellent service..
bcollydas is offline Find More Posts by bcollydas
Old Feb 05, 2013, 09:52 PM
Stay airborne my friends
USA, TN, Dickson
Joined Nov 2004
998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heli001 View Post
Their Customer Service is very hard to beat....They look at anything from the Customer's point of view and value your input greatly. Just because they are in Korea should have NO impact on your purchase. The ONLY drawback is that sometimes things get missed in translation from Korean to English, but they are working on that. The Customer always gets the benifit of doubt and what do you have to loose...? They have been around for years (just check the competitive circles) and they stand, totally behind what they sell. Yes, it usually takes seven business days to receive your order (based on the US) and their products are well proven in the RC World. As far as reccomendations, I can reccomend them highly......!
I just ordered a set. Do you normally get an email confirmation when you order from them? I haven't yet.
rc-mike is offline Find More Posts by rc-mike
Old Feb 05, 2013, 10:49 PM
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Sep 2010
1,169 Posts
Check your spam folder. I found my SeCraft emails in there.
Vlodek9 is offline Find More Posts by Vlodek9
Old Feb 05, 2013, 10:55 PM
Joined Mar 2012
786 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc-mike View Post
I just ordered a set. Do you normally get an email confirmation when you order from them? I haven't yet.
Ordered something earlier and email confirmation only came in 1-2 hours later...
c3d76 is offline Find More Posts by c3d76
Old Feb 06, 2013, 01:15 AM
Triple Tree Aerodrome
Charlotte, NC
Joined Feb 2002
406 Posts
Remember that Korea is fourteen hours different (East Coast of USA) so be patient. Yes, sometimes Secraft emails end up in the Spam Folder. They use a Translator for English and other languages, so sometimes......the messages may not make sense. If you keep the correspondence simple, there is no problem.

Sang is great to deal with and their Customers truly do come first. ALL of their products are excellent quality and are priced accordingly.
heli001 is offline Find More Posts by heli001
Old Feb 06, 2013, 05:08 AM
Germany, SA, Halle Saale
Joined Nov 2012
390 Posts
have to agree ...

secraft (sang) gives first class service. great products!

i am a very satisfied customer!!!

if i had a problem, then they exceeded my expectations for help by 1000% !

last delivery was taking 3 days to germany ...

rené
renricker7 is offline Find More Posts by renricker7
Last edited by renricker7; Feb 06, 2013 at 06:04 AM.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 06:22 AM
Stay airborne my friends
USA, TN, Dickson
Joined Nov 2004
998 Posts
Thanks guys. I wasn't really worried about Secraft as a company as much as I was wondering if my order went through correctly. I chose pay by credit card and then canceled it and changed it to PayPal. The checkout is kinda different on their website so I wasn't sure it wen through okay. I sent them an email and they replied within a few minutes that my order was perfect and would ship tomorrow.
rc-mike is offline Find More Posts by rc-mike
Old Feb 06, 2013, 08:08 AM
Germany, SA, Halle Saale
Joined Nov 2012
390 Posts
I just got an email, that secraft is putting a set with 2 red and 4 black pieces on their website in the next days ...

René
renricker7 is offline Find More Posts by renricker7
Old Feb 06, 2013, 08:15 AM
Triple Tree Aerodrome
Charlotte, NC
Joined Feb 2002
406 Posts
They also sell them in individual pairs of red and black.
heli001 is offline Find More Posts by heli001
Old Feb 06, 2013, 09:05 AM
United States, TN, Brentwood
Joined Oct 2010
562 Posts
I wonder how hard it would be and how cool it would look to add the secraft arm plates over arms that had already been sleeved in CF.
DroneBuilder is offline Find More Posts by DroneBuilder
Old Feb 06, 2013, 09:49 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jan 2011
528 Posts
For people that are using the GH2 under their Zenmuse, what lens do you recommend?
The Lumix G14 F1.7 or the Lumix G20 F2.5? (And why?)
Squawk is online now Find More Posts by Squawk
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:59 AM
Osprey
Joined Jan 2013
269 Posts
POI problem with WKN

Maybe I just can't interpret the manual. But I can't seem to get POI working on my WKM, latest FW installed 2 days ago.

I set it to control 2.

Assigned a 3 position switch, and it shows correctly in the Assistant SW when switching modes.

However when flying the course lock works fine. But I was unable to program the point yesterday in my testing. I had more than 6 GPS sats and I ws in GPS mode. I flicked from course lock to POI 3-5 times as I understand the manual to instruct. Then I backed away but the S800 would not circle the POI pointing in at it. I did get the rapid green light when I programmed the point. I tried switching to course lock and back to POI, but it still did not work.

I tried several different points at varying distances from my "take off home spot". Up to 100' away.

I must be doing something wrong, any suggestion or improvements on the manuals instructions would be greatly appreciated. I am sure I am doing something incorrectly.

I do know you have to use roll (ailerons) to move in a circle. And elevator to move away or closer.
westsideav is offline Find More Posts by westsideav