HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 04, 2013, 08:51 AM
Joined Sep 2012
275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingbiscuit1 View Post
What are you cells at when you land?
I will get you a reading here in a few, as Im out the door to fly this highly modified S800..
UAV.Pilot is offline Find More Posts by UAV.Pilot
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2013, 09:51 AM
Joined Apr 2012
483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAVProducts View Post
Here ya go.

Less than 2 weeks we will have some. Price later in the week.
Anti-vibration pad for S800 (Total Weight with bolt : 27.0g One pair)
looks interesting, how are you going about testing?, can we see some results, before and after installation?

thanks
flyingbiscuit1 is offline Find More Posts by flyingbiscuit1
Old Feb 04, 2013, 11:11 AM
Joined Sep 2012
275 Posts
Wow, so once again I feel my battery choice is a good one...

A single 8000 Zippy 6s, in normal flight, some hovering and some forward flight I started off at 24.57v @ 4.07v per cell, total 13min 45 sec, deduct the time it took me to start up and take off it was airborn 13min 30 sec to the first voltage protection. low voltage reads 22.12v

This is in calm winds and 55F cool temps, a Go Gimbal, and GPBlack, fpv 900 mha batt, and sony FPV cam+ 600mw TX

Looking at the footage now...
Last edited by UAV.Pilot; Feb 05, 2013 at 08:31 AM.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 11:27 AM
Joined Apr 2012
483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAV.Pilot View Post
Wow, so once again I feel my battery choice is a good one...

A single 8000 Zippy 6s, in normal flight, some hovering and some forward flight I started off at 24.57v @ 3.7v per cell, total 13min 45 sec, deduct the time it took me to start up and take off it was airborn 13min 30 sec to the first voltage protection. low voltage reads 22.12v

This is in calm winds and 55F cool temps, a Go Gimbal, and GPBlack, fpv 900 mha batt, and sony FPV cam+ 600mw TX

Looking at the footage now...
thanks!, do you have any idea what your load V gets to before you get a warning?
flyingbiscuit1 is offline Find More Posts by flyingbiscuit1
Old Feb 04, 2013, 12:45 PM
Stay airborne my friends
USA, TN, Dickson
Joined Nov 2004
998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAV.Pilot View Post
I would also like to add, at this time DJI still has some very unhappy customers throughout the world wide, we are still seeing Vibration Issues and they Stay Silent on both accounts. This to me speaks volumes in their lack of giving a crap to the ones that are still not able to make their S800 function correctly.

All of this While they are very active on the Phantom Thread discussing issues and solving problems.

Meanwhile I and others are stuck, modifying the plastic arms, as well as all of the other Modifications I/we have had to do, this is judging from this thread alone.

I would be willing to bet money right here and now, DJI will release yet another Multi to the market before they make this S800 right...

What would I expect you might ask? Take it back to the Beginning just for a second, I bought mine before they had the Zen15 available, so this purchase I expected to mount an aftermarket gimbal and be able to achieve at the very minimum jello free hard mounted video, you know I am not expecting anything more than my Gaui 500, HT450, or 550 flame wheel results.
This has never been, and Still is not possible without heavy modifications, no matter what you try, unless you wrap the arms, and either have a flawless set of stock props "which is a myth", or go aftermarket props your S800 will be shaky where it counts "the video"

We are barely now able to achieve a half way decent video, and only after all of the hard work we have put into this POS airframe.

So my conclusion to all of this, Unless you Pair the S800 with the Z15 you cannot get Pro Quality Video, Ive seen , the Go, the Photohigher AV's, ext...there is none that can handle the excessive vibrations this S800 puts out, and barely can the Z15 handle it as well. Just look at many videos posted shot with the Z15, you can see occasional Jello.

Stock Plastic Arms=Junk, not what I would call a Pro Kit, but rather a Cheap China kit...these arms need to be re made, by the Factory!
You pretty much summed up my thoughts on the S800. Luckily I got mine after the ESC problems and I was using an older WKM so I didn't have any FOD issues. I mounted a Photoship One 3XPro V2 gimbal on mine and have been fighting vibrations the whole time. The mounting adapter has some lord mounts in it and the battery mounting plates move the batteries to the plate the gimbal is on and that got rid of most of the vibes but I still get some in a little wind or when flying faster than a walking speed.
I turned up the gains a little high yesterday doing some testing and I could actually see the motors bouncing up and down while the center seemed to stay pretty much in the same place. I am hoping get the stuff to cover my arms by this weekend and hopefully it will cure that. I think the arms are so flimsy now that the motors have already moved slightly before the IMU moves and it's causing sort of a resonance to develop.
rc-mike is offline Find More Posts by rc-mike
Old Feb 04, 2013, 05:11 PM
Zenmusement
Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, Gent
Joined Dec 2012
145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc-mike
... I think the arms are so flimsy now that the motors have already moved slightly before the IMU moves and it's causing sort of a resonance to develop.
This is a very interesting remark! Might be worth looking into... Do you have iosd flight-data to analyse?
Michiel van Son is offline Find More Posts by Michiel van Son
Old Feb 04, 2013, 05:20 PM
Stay airborne my friends
USA, TN, Dickson
Joined Nov 2004
998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiel van Son View Post
This is a very interesting remark! Might be worth looking into... Do you have iosd flight-data to analyse?
No, I don't. It's on my want list though. I'm kinda waiting to make sure all the problems are worked out with it.
rc-mike is offline Find More Posts by rc-mike
Old Feb 04, 2013, 05:56 PM
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Jan 2011
226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingbiscuit1 View Post
looks interesting, how are you going about testing?, can we see some results, before and after installation?

thanks
no answer ?
sdaudet is offline Find More Posts by sdaudet
Old Feb 04, 2013, 06:17 PM
Joined Sep 2012
275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdaudet View Post
no answer ?

I think Robert is getting over being sick someone said, I would bet he will chime in with a different solution here soon.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 08:48 PM
The greatest pleasure in life.
United States, TX, Pflugerville
Joined Dec 2010
105 Posts
Paralinx ARROW Plus

I was wondering if anyone out there was using the Paralinx ARROW Plus on the rig?
http://www.paralinx.net/

If so, what kind of distance are you getting on it.

Paralinx ARROW PLUS is an expansion of the popular PARALINX ARROW wireless HD Transmitter and Receiver system for Motion Picture and Video Production. Arrow PLUS allows the user the ability to have the same great benefits of the Arrow - uncompressed wireless HD with an up to 328 feet/100 meters line of sight range between transmitter and receiver, using a professional Grade Baseband transmission chipset that works in the unlicensed 5.1-5.8ghz Range, with an AES128 bit encrypted signature, but adds the ability to have up to 4 receivers simultaneously displaying the image from One Camera.
This gives the user the ability to share picture with a Director, Camera Assistant, DP, or Client without the hassle of setting up redistribution, as long as the Camera operator has the Arrow PLUS transmitter, and the additional number of Arrow PLUS receivers (up to 4 at one time). All of this is available at an unprecedented price point, with incomparable customer service and support.

Digitally,
Mac
Mac176 is offline Find More Posts by Mac176
Old Feb 04, 2013, 10:16 PM
The greatest pleasure in life.
United States, TX, Pflugerville
Joined Dec 2010
105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rruiz View Post
Someone else has tested new FW?

Regards
I have also flown the new firmware (5.18).
It got rid of the "echo beep" at power up as stated earlier in this forum.
I had no issues while flying 3 sets of 2ea Gens Ace 6S1P 5300s.
I even tested the new "distance limit" and "height limit" features and they worked.

My setup:
S800 with Props and Motors balanced
WK-M (5.18)
Prop adapters (Danny's / UAV Products)
APC 14 x 4.7 Props
Futaba 10CHG Radio (mounted on a Secraft TX-tray V1 with the Hand rest and the FPV station
Futaba 6014HS Receiver
A Hobby Wireless TR313 Combo Set Receiver +Transmitter 1.3 GHz 300mW
For my viewing pleasure (just to setup the shots , I don't fly FPV)
A Dimension Engineering 25W Step down adjustable switching regulator (knocks the 24V down to 12V for my viewing transmitter.
A small spy camera mounted on the front (nose) of the AV200 gimbal Vibration Isolation Adapter.
A Eagle Tree OSD and data eLogger V4 with the Altitude module.
Photoship One MP360 gimbal (I only shot stills) Mounted via a modified AV200 gimbal Vibration Isolation Adapter (UAV Products)
Sony NEX 5 (4 different lenses)
Nano Modular Receiver 5.8
Stinger 5.8 Pro Transmitter
Small HDMI to composite video converter box from Amazon.
Turnigy 9ex transmitter/receiver for the Gimbal and Camera trigger.
Mounted to a Infinity Hobby FPV Tray
Dimension Engineering SportBEC Switch-mode BEC for gimbal, HDMI converter and the Turnigy receiver power
Orange 3 axis Flight Stabilizer for the MP360 Gimbal (it rocks)
A small 3S1P battery for the gimbal, receiver, video transmitter and
All this an 1.2K under Max Lift-off Weight.

Works great!

Digitally,
Mac
Mac176 is offline Find More Posts by Mac176
Old Feb 04, 2013, 10:21 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,780 Posts
Mac, thanks for the complete post.
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Feb 04, 2013, 11:09 PM
FPVpilots do it remotely
United States, CA, West Hollywood
Joined Jan 2008
2,721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac176 View Post
I even tested the new "distance limit" and "height limit" features and they worked.
I would be quite interested in a max speed limit. most up-n-over shots happen in fairly pedestrian speed rates.

Would be awesome to have setting on a switch, say 3 options - user defined
1. free manual
2. limit 1 = 25kmh
3. limit 3 = 10kmh
User limits being whatever the users want up-to max airspeed.
for me lot of passes would probably work fine at 10kmh
Bo Lorentzen is offline Find More Posts by Bo Lorentzen
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 04, 2013, 11:33 PM
United States, FL, Daytona Beach
Joined Mar 2004
1,103 Posts
Quote:

My setup:
WK-M (5.18)
APC 14 x 4.7 Props
Futaba 10CHG Radio (mounted on a Secraft TX-tray V1 with the Hand rest and the FPV station
Futaba 6014HS Receiver
A Dimension Engineering 25W Step down adjustable switching regulator (knocks the 24V down to 12V for my viewing transmitter.
A small spy camera mounted on the front (nose) of the AV200 gimbal Vibration Isolation Adapter.
Photoship One MP360 gimbal (I only shot stills) Mounted via a modified AV200 gimbal Vibration Isolation Adapter (UAV Products)
Dimension Engineering SportBEC Switch-mode BEC for gimbal, HDMI converter and the Turnigy receiver power

Works great!

Digitally,
Mac

Can you post your setting on the DJI WKM
Thanks
Go4it is offline Find More Posts by Go4it
Old Feb 05, 2013, 06:28 AM
Joined Sep 2012
275 Posts
Quote:

My setup:
WK-M (5.18)
APC 14 x 4.7 Props
Futaba 6014HS Receiver

Works great!

Digitally,
Mac
Great `post Mac, Thank you for your time making this list.

Can you tell me just how well the Orange 3x Gyro Works with the PS1 3XProV2? Does it hold the horizon, could you see using it for video as well?

Currently I have the same gimbal, but using Futaba 401's, as this was the only thing available at the time, or so I thought. Unless I fly with a second person that is trained to deal with the gyros, it is impossible to fly solo.

I am looking for cheap alternatives, until I can swing for the radian's.

Thanks