Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:46 PM
Canada, QC, Laval
Joined Apr 2008
1,149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawk View Post
Albert, two things..
First, I'm not getting what u mean about the Greeks. Why is this seller not very nice?
Secondly, when I type "www.vanuitdeluchtbekeken.nl" into my address bar, my Kaspersky Internet Security flags your website as infected by a trojan horse with the message: "HEUR:Trojan.Script.Generic".
Other than that, het is onze eigen politiek die meedoet aan die geldschuiverij naar Griekenland..
I did access your website on the iPad though, without problems.
Don't go on that website, I did and got a virus. big time I had to format my PC. Stay away is the UKash virus
bcollydas is offline Find More Posts by bcollydas
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2013, 02:31 AM
Joined Jan 2013
8 Posts
As interesting as this whole discussion about finding DIY solutions about strengthening the arms is, why don't you guys ask the manufacturer of this product to build robust arms in the first place?

Is it not reasonable to expect DJI to deliver a quality product rather than having to find third parties to find a solution?
AirCam Two is offline Find More Posts by AirCam Two
Old Feb 04, 2013, 02:34 AM
Australia, Lord Howe Island
Joined Jan 2010
886 Posts
my arms work wonderfully. now that I spent lots of time and effort and money to make them rigid. DJI should at the VERY LEAST be supplying these kits to us for free. but hey , I just got told I have to PAY to upgrade my FAULTY iOSD. see my post copied form iosd thread :

I have done some further research. seems I have a VERY early model iOSD. version 1.. also seems that what we are not being told by DJI is that they are ACTUALLY up to about version 5 or so, but they are being constantly upgraded hardware wise inside due to more and more complaints about incompatible cameras.

my only option is to send it back to the dealer for upgrade to the supposed version 2 ( actually 5 ) . guess what ? I have to PAY for upgrade. ( not dealers fault ) but apparently DJI is asking for 60 bucks + shipping + tax ( GST in AUS )

So is this confirmed here by others experiences ??? has anyone had to pay for upgrade ? I actually have 2 iOSDs one from USA dealer and one from Ausi. both have to go back as both are not working withn SAO unit and pixim seawolf camera. I suggest people only buy the version 2 units.
jetbootz is online now Find More Posts by jetbootz
Old Feb 04, 2013, 03:28 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jan 2011
535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingbiscuit1 View Post
That battery is 5C, it works but barely
5C for charging.. 40C for discharge!
Really, it shoud work just fine..
Just, is there a safety advantage over using 2x 5A or 1x 10A Lipo's?

Oops.. already replied on by another member.. :-)
Squawk is offline Find More Posts by Squawk
Old Feb 04, 2013, 03:29 AM
Joined Jan 2013
8 Posts
@ Jetbooz

Fully agreed. DJI does have a good product, but their "trail & error" policy at the expense of their customers is destroying so much goodwill. This is supposed to be a professional kit for professional users. For this kind of money, users should not have to put up with all these problems
AirCam Two is offline Find More Posts by AirCam Two
Old Feb 04, 2013, 03:32 AM
Closed Account
Joined Mar 2012
319 Posts
hello, got my s800 with WKM.

In att and GPS mode she is not very stable and bops up and down, however in manual mode it is quite ok.

Please would somebody know what could be the problem? I suspect vibes and the WKM cant handle it, i did touch it whilst in the air and its very vibey.

Thanks for a response, which youve prob answer several times!
manvsuav is offline Find More Posts by manvsuav
Old Feb 04, 2013, 05:40 AM
Needs more bacon!
United States, WI, Milwaukee
Joined Jan 2011
1,046 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by manvsuav View Post
hello, got my s800 with WKM.

In att and GPS mode she is not very stable and bops up and down, however in manual mode it is quite ok.

Please would somebody know what could be the problem? I suspect vibes and the WKM cant handle it, i did touch it whilst in the air and its very vibey.

Thanks for a response, which youve prob answer several times!
WKM can handle big vibes just fine. If its up and down its either vertical gain that is too high or low, or there is a problem with the barometer either something covering the small hole on the IMU or a bad sensor.
Dolby is offline Find More Posts by Dolby
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 04, 2013, 05:43 AM
Closed Account
Joined Mar 2012
319 Posts
ok, for testing, what is the most common vertical gain setting guys are using? ive tried both 100 and up to 160 and still the same thing.

on my previous CF hexa frame it didnt have this problem.

i will see if baro hole is covered also.
manvsuav is offline Find More Posts by manvsuav
Old Feb 04, 2013, 07:03 AM
Joined Apr 2012
482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgearuk View Post
Doesn't really matter (as long as you know what your doing with lipo's).. 2 x 5000 will be a lot cheaper!

5c is the max charge rate, its a 40c discharge.
actually no it's 5C constant discharge 40C burst, it's a total scam IMO
flyingbiscuit1 is online now Find More Posts by flyingbiscuit1
Old Feb 04, 2013, 07:05 AM
Joined Apr 2012
482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawk View Post
5C for charging.. 40C for discharge!
Really, it shoud work just fine..
Just, is there a safety advantage over using 2x 5A or 1x 10A Lipo's?

Oops.. already replied on by another member.. :-)
See note above, this battery has been discussed before it's 5C 40c is the burst rate.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 07:35 AM
Joined Sep 2012
275 Posts
I went with 6 x 8000's running a single 8000 gives us a solid 12+ mins, and if you are hovering only in light weather you can get 14 to 15mins.

One battery on the mount is easy to balance and easy to deal with, with 6 packs I can stay in the air indefinitely, with a quick landing and swap/reboot

Now having said that when I flew in the California Mountains it struggled, and I went down to a single 5000 pack.
UAV.Pilot is offline Find More Posts by UAV.Pilot
Old Feb 04, 2013, 07:51 AM
Joined Sep 2012
275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirCam Two View Post
@ Jetbooz

Fully agreed. DJI does have a good product, but their "trail & error" policy at the expense of their customers is destroying so much goodwill. This is supposed to be a professional kit for professional users. For this kind of money, users should not have to put up with all these problems

+1

When I bought this S800 I expected a Professional Kit, instead I got a problematic toy, mine suffered the ESC's, Props, FOD, GPS, ext...

Dji might have skills, and obviously they have a real good marketing staff, But IMO they really need to SLOW DOWN and get it truly right...a Product that is thoroughly tested and perfected before they Take Peoples Money!

I bought mine because I liked what I saw, the Demos and the Personnel that took the time to discuss their products with me, sold me and I went for it!

The support I received was nightmarish, to put it lightly, my dealer was no help after the sale, and eventually I forged my own path, so if you are listening DJI, Im still waiting for you to make it right!
Old Feb 04, 2013, 08:03 AM
Joined Jan 2013
61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAV.Pilot View Post
Dji might have skills, and obviously they have a real good marketing staff, But IMO they really need to SLOW DOWN and get it truly right...a Product that is thoroughly tested and perfected before they Take Peoples Money!
+2
100% agreed
RemoteRider is offline Find More Posts by RemoteRider
Old Feb 04, 2013, 08:33 AM
Joined Sep 2012
275 Posts
I would also like to add, at this time DJI still has some very unhappy customers throughout the world wide, we are still seeing Vibration Issues and they Stay Silent on both accounts. This to me speaks volumes in their lack of giving a crap to the ones that are still not able to make their S800 function correctly.

All of this While they are very active on the Phantom Thread discussing issues and solving problems.

Meanwhile I and others are stuck, modifying the plastic arms, as well as all of the other Modifications I/we have had to do, this is judging from this thread alone.

I would be willing to bet money right here and now, DJI will release yet another Multi to the market before they make this S800 right...

What would I expect you might ask? Take it back to the Beginning just for a second, I bought mine before they had the Zen15 available, so this purchase I expected to mount an aftermarket gimbal and be able to achieve at the very minimum jello free hard mounted video, you know I am not expecting anything more than my Gaui 500, HT450, or 550 flame wheel results.
This has never been, and Still is not possible without heavy modifications, no matter what you try, unless you wrap the arms, and either have a flawless set of stock props "which is a myth", or go aftermarket props your S800 will be shaky where it counts "the video"

We are barely now able to achieve a half way decent video, and only after all of the hard work we have put into this POS airframe.

So my conclusion to all of this, Unless you Pair the S800 with the Z15 you cannot get Pro Quality Video, Ive seen , the Go, the Photohigher AV's, ext...there is none that can handle the excessive vibrations this S800 puts out, and barely can the Z15 handle it as well. Just look at many videos posted shot with the Z15, you can see occasional Jello.

Stock Plastic Arms=Junk, not what I would call a Pro Kit, but rather a Cheap China kit...these arms need to be re made, by the Factory!
Old Feb 04, 2013, 08:48 AM
Joined Apr 2012
482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAV.Pilot View Post
I went with 6 x 8000's running a single 8000 gives us a solid 12+ mins, and if you are hovering only in light weather you can get 14 to 15mins.

One battery on the mount is easy to balance and easy to deal with, with 6 packs I can stay in the air indefinitely, with a quick landing and swap/reboot

Now having said that when I flew in the California Mountains it struggled, and I went down to a single 5000 pack.
What are you cells at when you land?