HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:27 PM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2012
819 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rruiz View Post
Someone else has tested new FW?

Regards
Yes, 3 x 10min flights earlier today and it was all good
Fixes startup unsync issue too...
c3d76 is online now Find More Posts by c3d76
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 11:35 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2012
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjernefoto View Post
Guess what guys....... borrowed a new Imu from my friend rene today, and it worked perfectly in first flight, it even sounds much better in atti/gps mode, just like in mauel mode, so now it is time to fly some more and see if it still will perform this good in the next flights
Happy, happy, happy
Which Problem did you have with your old imu ?

Fritz
fritz99 is offline Find More Posts by fritz99
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:43 AM
Registered User
Denmark, Region Zealand, Jyderup
Joined Jun 2010
395 Posts
my copter startet to spool up 2 times when i was trying to install the new FW
Spyde is offline Find More Posts by Spyde
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:46 AM
Registered User
topgearuk's Avatar
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2003
3,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyde View Post
my copter startet to spool up 2 times when i was trying to install the new FW
Never have your arms connected when plugging in to the computer, plus I nearly always use a 3s battery for this (I never use low volt battery monitor)
topgearuk is offline Find More Posts by topgearuk
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:48 AM
Registered User
Denmark, Region Zealand, Jyderup
Joined Jun 2010
395 Posts
yes but this is on my cenestar but i did take of the props, thank god!!
Spyde is offline Find More Posts by Spyde
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:49 AM
Registered User
topgearuk's Avatar
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2003
3,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyde View Post
yes but this is on my cenestar but i did take of the props, thank god!!
Yeah thank god you did, but you are posing this in the S800 thread
topgearuk is offline Find More Posts by topgearuk
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:02 AM
Registered User
Denmark, Region Zealand, Jyderup
Joined Jun 2010
395 Posts
year i was just reading when i read the post with the new FW
Spyde is offline Find More Posts by Spyde
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:14 AM
Registered User
topgearuk's Avatar
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2003
3,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyde View Post
year i was just reading when i read the post with the new FW
Think this may have got lost in translation, you said about your motors spinning up after new FW, I assumed as you were posting this in the S800 thread that's what you were talking about, hence my reply about never having your arms connected..
Think you were just giving a general heads up!?
topgearuk is offline Find More Posts by topgearuk
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2013, 03:04 AM
Registered User
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2005
1,083 Posts
Hi Guys

I have been helping a buddy of mine set up his S800 and we have run into some small issues with the initial flight testing.

We have the Basic Gains and the Attitude Gains set reasonably well but we seem to be getting some odd behavior on the Yaw controls.

When holding a nice stationary hover and we apply Yaw input the S800 drifts and rolls considerably. It also loses altitude.

It displays this in both Attitude mode and GPS mode.
(we forgot to test in Manual mode)

Can anyone shed some light on why this may happen and what we can do to resolve it?

Just to so you know the S800 has no payload on it yet only the standard landing gear and a 6s 1280mah battery pack. (2x 3s 6040)

In comparison my much smaller Quad with Naza + GPS yaws around its center axis perfectly.

I would expect the Wookong to behave at least as good as the Naza.

Cheers

Ben
wazzer is offline Find More Posts by wazzer
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2013, 03:16 AM
Registered User
topgearuk's Avatar
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2003
3,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wazzer View Post
Hi Guys

I have been helping a buddy of mine set up his S800 and we have run into some small issues with the initial flight testing.

We have the Basic Gains and the Attitude Gains set reasonably well but we seem to be getting some odd behavior on the Yaw controls.

When holding a nice stationary hover and we apply Yaw input the S800 drifts and rolls considerably. It also loses altitude.

It displays this in both Attitude mode and GPS mode.
(we forgot to test in Manual mode)

Can anyone shed some light on why this may happen and what we can do to resolve it?

Just to so you know the S800 has no payload on it yet only the standard landing gear and a 6s 1280mah battery pack. (2x 3s 6040)

In comparison my much smaller Quad with Naza + GPS yaws around its center axis perfectly.

I would expect the Wookong to behave at least as good as the Naza.

Cheers

Ben
Can you share your gain settings and take a pic of your set up and some screen shots..
I take it you mean on your battery 2 x 3s 6040(6400mah?) = 6s 6040(6400mah) and not 12,080mah(12800) as that would be 4 x 3s batteries
topgearuk is offline Find More Posts by topgearuk
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2013, 04:37 AM
Registered User
Squawk's Avatar
The Netherlands
Joined Jan 2011
555 Posts
I have a question for all the people here that run a company with multicopters or earn money flying missions for customers:
How much of your work in percentage consists of filming, and how much consists of photographing with the multicopter?
Squawk is offline Find More Posts by Squawk
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2013, 05:19 AM
Registered User
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2005
1,083 Posts
Hi Top Gear UK

Yes sorry i meant 6s 6400!!
I got that completely wrong. Bit of brain fart there.
We also tested with 6s 5450

Please see attached Screen shots and Frame layout

Any hints and tips would be very welcome

Cheers

Ben
wazzer is offline Find More Posts by wazzer
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2013, 05:46 AM
Registered User
topgearuk's Avatar
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2003
3,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wazzer View Post
Hi Top Gear UK

Yes sorry i meant 6s 6400!!
I got that completely wrong. Bit of brain fart there.
We also tested with 6s 5450

Please see attached Screen shots and Frame layout

Any hints and tips would be very welcome

Cheers

Ben
I would say your gopro is too close to your compass/GPS it has been talked about how much EMI comes off them. Which I think is causing your problems.

I'd also maybe try these gain setting.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=4101
topgearuk is offline Find More Posts by topgearuk
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2013, 05:54 AM
Registered User
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2005
1,083 Posts
Thanks man

Will move the Go Pro and try those gain settings
Would shielding the Gopro with copper tape help the RFI issue?

Most appreciated

Cheers

Ben
wazzer is offline Find More Posts by wazzer
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:00 AM
Registered User
Geneva, Switzerland
Joined Jan 2009
800 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawk View Post
I have a question for all the people here that run a company with multicopters or earn money flying missions for customers:
How much of your work in percentage consists of filming, and how much consists of photographing with the multicopter?
90% filming
10% photographing
helicoblast is offline Find More Posts by helicoblast
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion My DJI Spreading Wings S800 just came in the mail and I think I'm in trouble jasper7821 Multirotor Talk 219 Oct 16, 2012 05:11 PM
New Product DJI Spreading Wings S-800 Hexa multi-rotor sidneyw Multirotor Talk 930 Jun 22, 2012 10:14 AM
Discussion DJI Spread Wings S800 and Zenmuse Z15 prices are out! tpnitro Multirotor Talk 120 Jun 19, 2012 01:27 AM
Discussion DJI S800 Spreading Wings has landed at Quadcopters UK Headquarters QuadcoptersUk Multirotor Talk 8 May 14, 2012 01:27 PM
Discussion Dji Spreading Wings (S800) coming Huluhulu Multirotor Talk 7 Apr 27, 2012 03:11 AM