HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 31, 2013, 01:58 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jan 2011
555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
... I still would like to see DJI or even a 3rd party release rigid arms...
It would be awesome for a skilled CAD designer to recreate these arms and have them CNC-ed from aluminum. I bet looks would be a killer too..
Squawk is online now Find More Posts by Squawk
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:15 PM
jab
Unregistered User
Joined Aug 2007
1,071 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawk View Post
It would be awesome for a skilled CAD designer to recreate these arms and have them CNC-ed from aluminum. I bet looks would be a killer too..
I would just have made and adapter that fit the S800 quick release, and then have solder points for wires and clamps for standard 25mm CF tubes at the other end of the adapter. No need to reinvent the wheel, when CF tubes are cheep and work well.
jab is online now Find More Posts by jab
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:21 PM
Joined May 2012
56 Posts
Does anyone have any experience with the DJI 5.8 downlink system? Good? Bad? It's much cheaper than a mondo stinger/yellowjacket combos that I hear good things about. Thanks for any insight.
Capo Creative is offline Find More Posts by Capo Creative
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:30 PM
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Jan 2011
226 Posts
nuremberg with DJI
thanks fpv4ever
http://fpv4ever.blogspot.fr/2013/01/...novations.html
sdaudet is offline Find More Posts by sdaudet
Last edited by sdaudet; Jan 31, 2013 at 02:30 PM. Reason: edit link
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:17 PM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Joined Nov 2010
1,839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
I would just have made and adapter that fit the S800 quick release, and then have solder points for wires and clamps for standard 25mm CF tubes at the other end of the adapter. No need to reinvent the wheel, when CF tubes are cheep and work well.
Try emailing secraft the guys who made the alternative s800 retract with this idea maybe they will jump on it.
hexa is offline Find More Posts by hexa
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:46 AM
Joined Jan 2013
5 Posts
Hey guys thanks for all your help

with the Z15 for the GH2 does the GH3 fit it ok ?

Also i can seem to find out much info into what the HDMI v2 cables do for the NEX-7 or GH2 is it just for downlink or does it provide me with basic controls of the camera ? shutter record ect
Gibbons is offline Find More Posts by Gibbons
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:51 AM
Joined Jan 2013
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vislaw View Post
1) I don't think many people will disagree that the GH2 is much more capable than the Sony NEX. Furthermore, most people use the popular hack to increase the GH2 data rates and also add other features.

2) I have two Z15/GH2 rigs and both have performed very well.

3) The downlink feeds directly from the GH2 and I assume also from the Sony NEX.
Cheers vislaw appreciated

and how about the control of the camera can you elaborate a little more
Gibbons is offline Find More Posts by Gibbons
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:11 AM
Joined Jan 2011
17 Posts
Carbon Wrapping

Can anyone give advice on how to handle the trimming of the carbon fiber sheath to accommodate the frame attachment openings in the arm, and where the sheath transitions to the arm at both ends?
Cut openings in sheath before epoxy is applied, which would seem to be an alighment nightmare? Use Dremel to carve out openings and dress edges after epoxy has set? Any other advice that will result in a well fitted carbon sheath would be appreciated. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy Cobb View Post
Is there anyone out there that has done the Carbon Wrapping and it didn't make a difference or you regret doing it? I just want to know before I throw the time and money into this.
ChasB is online now Find More Posts by ChasB
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:16 AM
Joined Jul 2012
58 Posts
Guess what guys....... borrowed a new Imu from my friend rene today, and it worked perfectly in first flight, it even sounds much better in atti/gps mode, just like in mauel mode, so now it is time to fly some more and see if it still will perform this good in the next flights
Happy, happy, happy
Stjernefoto is offline Find More Posts by Stjernefoto
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:24 AM
Joined Apr 2012
483 Posts
OSD update, DJI released a new version of the OSD firmware today 1.08 from yesterday 1.06 I am happy to report it fixes the issue in NTSC so the overlay now works.
flyingbiscuit1 is offline Find More Posts by flyingbiscuit1
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:16 AM
Australia, SA, Verran
Joined Dec 2012
79 Posts
My wookong M will not accept gain settings changes. Anyone know why this would be? I powered on my TRX, Powered on S800 plugged into computer and then brought up the Wookong Assistant.

Stacy
Stacy Cobb is offline Find More Posts by Stacy Cobb
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:57 AM
Netherlands
Joined May 2006
536 Posts
Failsafe on?
Aaalie is offline Find More Posts by Aaalie
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:59 AM
Australia, SA, Verran
Joined Dec 2012
79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaalie View Post
Failsafe on?
Thanks Aaalie. That was it. Crazy. Don't remember ever reading anything about that.
Stacy Cobb is offline Find More Posts by Stacy Cobb
Old Feb 01, 2013, 11:16 AM
United Kingdom, England, Surrey
Joined Jan 2012
429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjernefoto View Post
Guess what guys....... borrowed a new Imu from my friend rene today, and it worked perfectly in first flight, it even sounds much better in atti/gps mode, just like in mauel mode, so now it is time to fly some more and see if it still will perform this good in the next flights
Happy, happy, happy
Great News... I still have my old IMU as changing it for a new one didn`t help but plugging the holes did?? Anyhow I have access to log files now So if I have any more trouble it should be much easier to solve.
Aviator1 is offline Find More Posts by Aviator1
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:55 PM
Joined Oct 2012
404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by consoleworld View Post
I test the new firmware 5.18 before 4 hours , no more unsync M6 melody issue .

Christian
Someone else has tested new FW?

Regards
rruiz is offline Find More Posts by rruiz