HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:30 AM
Zenmusement
Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, Gent
Joined Dec 2012
145 Posts
Just installed the Secraft retracts v2. They look great and sturdy! Will test them soon
Michiel van Son is offline Find More Posts by Michiel van Son
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:45 AM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Mar 2004
1,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heli001 View Post
Remote,

Tha's a pretty BOLD ststement to be making in BOLD....I do not believe that you are speaking for everyone that owns an S800 and I do not know what you think the term "Many Forum Users Feel" covers in relation to the amount of S800's that are flying?

I hope that you do not think that you are speaking for all of the S800 owners out there, which most are probably out making money with their ships, rather than sitting behind a computer complaining about them. I doubt this Forum represents "Most" of the S800 owners and you are certainly NOT speaking for me

Yes, there have been some issues and you fail to mention that DJI has stepped up to the plate, for everyone of them. I don't know what positives input, you feel you are getting, by making a statement like that...? If you are trying to get DJI's "Ear" they are already involved, very heavily in working out any issues with their products. I would imagine that it is a pretty hard task to make a very complex product that is 100% perfect, for use all over the world, right out of the box.Think Dreamliner....... This IS new very complex technology and DJI is at the forefront of it. I am reasonably sure that THEY have absorbed a lot of cost, that were in reality, NOT theirs to bear and was purily just Pilot/Owner error.

Of course this is JMO.......and take it FWIW....YMMV

FMMV - Fleetwood Mac Music Video ???

or
Fuel mileage may vary
Go4it is online now Find More Posts by Go4it
Last edited by Go4it; Jan 31, 2013 at 02:06 PM.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:43 AM
Joined Apr 2012
482 Posts
I am wondering what take off weight people are flying in the real world, I know they say 5-7kg but is anyone getting beyond that. I would be good to know the AUW lets say at sea level to start although interested know what altitudes and weight combos also work
thanks
flyingbiscuit1 is online now Find More Posts by flyingbiscuit1
Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:54 AM
Joined Jan 2013
4 Posts
Lots of people appear unhappy with the s800 recently.
I too have had a bad experience and share the frustrations expressed here.
I hope DJI gets its act together. As we say in Germany: the competition never sleeps.
Wake up DJI!!!
Andreas Voss is offline Find More Posts by Andreas Voss
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:07 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,224 Posts
Andreas, I have always been happy with my S800. It has flown well for me, even with only 5 motors working. You might give Holgar the same advice. No upgrades since March 2012. Where are the Germans??
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: DJI Accessory Pin Out
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:15 AM
Triple Tree Aerodrome
Charlotte, NC
Joined Feb 2002
406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingbiscuit1 View Post
I am wondering what take off weight people are flying in the real world, I know they say 5-7kg but is anyone getting beyond that. I would be good to know the AUW lets say at sea level to start although interested know what altitudes and weight combos also work
thanks
Biscuit,

We are flying at 5.9kg AUW, using a NEX5 and a GO gimble, with two 5000mAh batteries. We have onboard an FPV camera, HDMI Converter, iSOD and Video Trx along with a seperate Spektrum Telementry Module and sensors, also.There seems to be plenty of power and we are at 700 feet ASL. When I punch it to ascend, it goes up like a Rocket.....I am sure that the Zen is much heavier than the GO gimbal that we are using and higher altitudes will have an affect on performance.
heli001 is offline Find More Posts by heli001
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:40 AM
Joined Jan 2013
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
Andreas, I have always been happy with my S800. It has flown well for me, even with only 5 motors working. You might give Holgar the same advice. No upgrades since March 2012. Where are the Germans??
We Germans stick with what we do best: we build cars for our American friends.
I wonder, when you buy a Mercedes or a BMW, do you have change tires and engine before you drive? I think no.
But when I buy S800, I must buy new arms and new props to stop vibrations. This is not normal. I am not negative person but I agree with others who have problems with GH2 setup. Maybe we are just unlucky.

Schöne Grüsse an Lake Tahoe, it is a very nice place
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:58 AM
Joined Apr 2012
75 Posts
Very interesting :

http://www.kopterworx.com/Kopterworx...ration-upgrade
fritz99 is offline Find More Posts by fritz99
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:04 AM
Spain, Murcia, Cartagena
Joined Nov 2012
86 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritz99 View Post
no stock : Mad:
toscatara is offline Find More Posts by toscatara
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:19 AM
Joined Jan 2013
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritz99 View Post
Yes Fritz, this looks very interesting. Why can't DJI find solutions to vibrations also? Plus remember that your warranty is invalid if you fit extras, even if they are necessary. I think Kopterworks will sell many of these. Has anybody tested them already?
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:19 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jan 2011
535 Posts
I don't think this kopterworx contraption will solve any vibrations.. unless one arm phases out the other arm's vibration..
And it also makes the S800 a lot less easy to take apart.
Squawk is offline Find More Posts by Squawk
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:23 AM
Joined Nov 2012
138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawk View Post
I don't think this kopterworx contraption will solve any vibrations.. unless one arm phases out the other arm's vibration..
And it also makes the S800 a lot less easy to take apart.

+1

Christian
consoleworld is offline Find More Posts by consoleworld
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:22 PM
Joined Jan 2013
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heli001 View Post
you are speaking for all of the S800 owners out there, which most are probably out making money with their ships, rather than sitting behind a computer complaining about them. I doubt this Forum represents "Most" of the S800 owners and you are certainly NOT speaking for me

Yes, there have been some issues and you fail to mention that DJI has stepped up to the plate, for everyone of them.
@Heli, you sound like a DJI dealer/represenative. You do not speak for me.

@Remote Rider: if you want professional equipment, dont waste your energy and cash on the S800. Cinestar is the only professional out there. Thats where you wanna go. Forget DJI

@Squawk: +2
AirCam Two is offline Find More Posts by AirCam Two
Last edited by AirCam Two; Jan 31, 2013 at 12:32 PM.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:36 PM
Needs more bacon!
United States, WI, Milwaukee
Joined Jan 2011
1,047 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirCam Two View Post
Cinestar is the only professionals out there.
While I own a Cinestar6 and its a very nice frame there are many other frames out there just as good or better design and usability wise. So that statement is false. Heck the Cinestar isn't with out its faults either.

If you are planning on using the Zenmuse the vibe issues on the S800 are mute especially if you need something that breaks down for travel quick. If you want to take vibe free video with a non Zenmuse gimbal then I suggest looking at other frames. If you are taking still pictures the S800 will be fine too with any gimbal. I currently take industrial inspection pictures with a AV130 and S800, love it because i can break it down quick and take it with me on the plane. I still would like to see DJI or even a 3rd party release rigid arms. The S800 is not a bad platform but depending on your needs something else may work better for you.
Dolby is offline Find More Posts by Dolby
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Dolby; Jan 31, 2013 at 12:47 PM.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 01:39 PM
Portugal, Faro, Loulé
Joined Jun 2012
359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by squawk View Post
i don't think this kopterworx contraption will solve any vibrations.. Unless one arm phases out the other arm's vibration..
And it also makes the s800 a lot less easy to take apart.
+1.
fsimao222 is offline Find More Posts by fsimao222