HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 27, 2012, 01:30 PM
Denmark, Region Zealand, Jyderup
Joined Jun 2010
395 Posts
Anyone know if robert (dji usa) has another email i have trying to contact him for weeks now?
Its not like him not to answer
Spyde is offline Find More Posts by Spyde
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 27, 2012, 02:58 PM
United States, UT, Draper
Joined Aug 2011
175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgearuk View Post
Does anyone know the gain settings for the S-800 and Z-15 running fw5.12a?

It's ready to fly apart from that
I'm running 5.12 WITH the Zenmuse and have been running what was suggested for the S800 without the Zenmuse and it's been great.
220/220/140/150 130/130
skivvie is offline Find More Posts by skivvie
Last edited by skivvie; Jul 27, 2012 at 05:47 PM.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 03:18 PM
United States, CA, Anaheim
Joined Dec 2011
390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyde View Post
Anyone know if robert (dji usa) has another email i have trying to contact him for weeks now?
Its not like him not to answer
Hang in there. He is on this thread quite a bit, and wil get back to you.
shdwkeeper is offline Find More Posts by shdwkeeper
Old Jul 27, 2012, 03:26 PM
United States, CA, Anaheim
Joined Dec 2011
390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
That would be cool having a quick disconnect for the Z15, thats the only thing making things slow (although not that slow but enough to make it a tad annoying). You'd only need the quick disconnects on the back half of the z15 because the front half can just slide off by un-tightening the screws a little and you can swap those out with some nice thumb screws. One hurdle is the quick disconnect can't stick up to high because there isnt a lot of room between the copter frame and the landing gear equipment rails. The landing gear come apart fast, and the new battery tray comes apart fast so the Z15 is the only thing really.

Something like this would be cool...
A quick release for the landing gear would be great as well. Something like they use to adjust a bicycle seat up and down or the handlebar height on a Razor Scooter. (spin it around and clamp it)
shdwkeeper is offline Find More Posts by shdwkeeper
Old Jul 27, 2012, 04:04 PM
Australia, Lord Howe Island
Joined Jan 2010
921 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgearuk View Post
Does anyone know the gain settings for the S-800 and Z-15 running fw5.12a?

It's ready to fly apart from that
+1 . Mine is ready to fly just after the gains please.. and the gains for including the Z15...

thanks
jetbootz is online now Find More Posts by jetbootz
Old Jul 27, 2012, 05:00 PM
AEM
Bay Area, CA
Joined Sep 2009
978 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1ik View Post
I've just got my own S800. It was manufactured in July '12 after all the fixes of the ESC overheat problem. It still suffers the problem with landing gears braces and rod ends.
I never heard about that. Could you be a bit more specific? For example, it sounds as if the landing gear braces flex too much. Is this correct? What about the rod ends? Any solutions that others are using to get around whatever the problems are?

Thanks,
AEM
AEMontoya is offline Find More Posts by AEMontoya
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Futaba 12z Backlight
Old Jul 27, 2012, 05:48 PM
Joined Aug 2011
175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetbootz View Post
+1 . Mine is ready to fly just after the gains please.. and the gains for including the Z15...

thanks
As stated above:
I'm running 5.12 WITH the Zenmuse and have been running what was suggested for the S800 without the Zenmuse and it's been great.
220/220/140/150 130/130
Old Jul 27, 2012, 07:18 PM
Joined Jul 2012
109 Posts
Guys i want to get a s800 +wkm+ z15. What else do i need for AP, the data link 900mhz right?
Volandos is offline Find More Posts by Volandos
Old Jul 27, 2012, 07:31 PM
Canada, QC, Laval
Joined Apr 2008
1,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shdwkeeper View Post
Same here waiting for Robert to answer. Waiting for my ESC's and motors. Still grounded.
bcollydas is offline Find More Posts by bcollydas
Old Jul 27, 2012, 08:08 PM
Joined Aug 2011
175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volandos View Post
Guys i want to get a s800 +wkm+ z15. What else do i need for AP, the data link 900mhz right?
The data link is not necessary unless you want to do waypoints and/or to have OSD style info like airspeed, altitude, vertical speed, heading, etc. You'd probably want a video Tx and Rx setup. DJI has promised an OSD video Tx soon.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 09:30 PM
United States, MA, Boston
Joined Dec 2011
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcollydas View Post
Same here waiting for Robert to answer. Waiting for my ESC's and motors. Still grounded.
Got my arms with new ESCs back today. I can't say that I'm ecstatic. I sent all six arms out with my MC for replacment. I got back a box with my arms floating around, motors banging against each other all scratched up with no MC. . I did get a booby prize though; the battery tray. . I also contacted Robert, but it was early this morning EST. He has been great to deal with, I'm sure he will get back to everyone soon.

I'm hoping he can fix my botched service returned motors, and find my MC. I was hoping to fly this weekend, but it looks like I'm still on the side line.
piscaj is offline Find More Posts by piscaj
Old Jul 27, 2012, 09:52 PM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAVProducts View Post
Exactly, it defeats the whole purpose I feel. I want to mount the S800, plug in Z15 cables, Lipo and hit record and go fly.

I just wish someone would come up with Quick connects for the landing gear and Z15. Hmmm.....maybe I need to drop a Z15 off at the machine shop and have them work some magic.
Robert if you can get me a piece or if someone can send me a sketch or CAD drawing my guys can fab anything from scratch in 1 day. I have VERY skilled machineists on my payroll, including engineers.

Andy
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Old Jul 28, 2012, 01:48 AM
Denmark, Region Zealand, Jyderup
Joined Jun 2010
395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shdwkeeper View Post
Yea well i have been trying for 3 weeks now! Maybe i could try calling him but i cant find the ariel number for him
Spyde is offline Find More Posts by Spyde
Old Jul 28, 2012, 05:12 AM
Canada, QC, Laval
Joined Apr 2008
1,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by piscaj View Post
Got my arms with new ESCs back today. I can't say that I'm ecstatic. I sent all six arms out with my MC for replacment. I got back a box with my arms floating around, motors banging against each other all scratched up with no MC. . I did get a booby prize though; the battery tray. . I also contacted Robert, but it was early this morning EST. He has been great to deal with, I'm sure he will get back to everyone soon.

I'm hoping he can fix my botched service returned motors, and find my MC. I was hoping to fly this weekend, but it looks like I'm still on the side line.
Hang in there Spyde, There's nothing we can do but wait.

"How about it Robert, summer is short up here and I like to put her in the air one more time before the freeze."

Cheers
bcollydas is offline Find More Posts by bcollydas
Old Jul 28, 2012, 06:48 AM
Joined Aug 2011
190 Posts
Where and in which direction is the best way to place the RX antenna for flying far away?
miza is offline Find More Posts by miza