HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jun 23, 2012, 04:46 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Anaheim
Joined Dec 2011
379 Posts
What is the cost on this going to be? Also I'm sure you have tested the stability of this correct on the S800, how is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photoship One View Post
S800 conversion kit for 3X Pro v2 camera gimbal. Uses factory S800 landing legs. Working on mounting plate next week. No need for retracts as the landing gear rotates in pan with gimbal.

shdwkeeper is offline Find More Posts by shdwkeeper
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 23, 2012, 05:14 PM
Registered User
EndOfDays's Avatar
Austria, Niederösterr., Eggenburg
Joined Jan 2010
1,350 Posts
@goairswiss

Glad that nobody got injured.

To me it is very unlikely, that all six ESCs fail at the same time.

best regards

Ferdinand
EndOfDays is offline Find More Posts by EndOfDays
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2012, 10:56 PM
Registered User
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined May 2011
821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfDays View Post
@goairswiss

Glad that nobody got injured.

To me it is very unlikely, that all six ESCs fail at the same time.

best regards

Ferdinand
The question is what he means with total failure. The bird dropped like a stone or drifted of and was not controllable any more flipped etc.

All six ESCs at once i agree would be a strange one. If really all motors stopped at a certain point i could only think of the lipo or an issue with the MC. Or the distribution bursting.

Boris
BorisSA is offline Find More Posts by BorisSA
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2012, 02:30 AM
Registered User
United States, CA, Anaheim
Joined Dec 2011
379 Posts
Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorisSA View Post
The question is what he means with total failure. The bird dropped like a stone or drifted of and was not controllable any more flipped etc.

All six ESCs at once i agree would be a strange one. If really all motors stopped at a certain point i could only think of the lipo or an issue with the MC. Or the distribution bursting.

Boris
shdwkeeper is offline Find More Posts by shdwkeeper
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2012, 02:30 AM
Registered User
Denmark, Region Zealand, Jyderup
Joined Jun 2010
393 Posts
I whish we could get som info on that battery tray, like when they will ship! Becouse the s800 really needs one
Spyde is offline Find More Posts by Spyde
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2012, 04:39 PM
Registered User
flytahiti's Avatar
Polynésie française, Îles du Vent, Papeete
Joined Mar 2010
487 Posts
does somebody have experimented some strange attitude with S800 : stay idle until half throttle then all the power come for takeoff , hover at half throttle , but some time it have sudden acceleration or loss of power . i have about 5 fly now and always the same .
i 'm afraid it will crash, when i read unexplained crash threads . i will not order the zenmuse until it will fly as well as my F550.
flytahiti is offline Find More Posts by flytahiti
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2012, 04:49 PM
Artic jetflyer
sap_2000's Avatar
Stabekk, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flytahiti View Post
does somebody have experimented some strange attitude with S800 : stay idle until half throttle then all the power come for takeoff , hover at half throttle , but some time it have sudden acceleration or loss of power . i have about 5 fly now and always the same .
i 'm afraid it will crash, when i read unexplained crash threads . i will not order the zenmuse until it will fly as well as my F550.
+1. I am holding of my gimbal purchase also.

Why are DJI/ reps so silent in this thread about the hot esc's, vibrations, white flashes and crashes? Also no sign of them in the new S800 crash thread...

70-80 degC is about the point where you expect the esc to fail.
sap_2000 is offline Find More Posts by sap_2000
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2012, 05:29 PM
by Alary Design
Photoship One's Avatar
Mesa, AZ
Joined May 2002
1,813 Posts
...
Photoship One is offline Find More Posts by Photoship One
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Photoship One; Jun 24, 2012 at 09:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2012, 11:20 PM
Registered User
flytahiti's Avatar
Polynésie française, Îles du Vent, Papeete
Joined Mar 2010
487 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photoship One View Post
...
why have you removed your post !!
i hope dji will find what's wrong because i won't invest in a Zenmuse if i can't trust the lifter
flytahiti is offline Find More Posts by flytahiti
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2012, 01:29 AM
Registered User
jdm66's Avatar
France, Pyrénées Orientales
Joined Feb 2009
423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flytahiti View Post
i hope dji will find what's wrong because i won't invest in a Zenmuse if i can't trust the lifter
+1

same thing, no purchase of Z15 as I will not be confident with my S800

too many strange things that always end the same way

Who's next

jdm66
jdm66 is offline Find More Posts by jdm66
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2012, 07:50 AM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2011
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photoship One View Post
...
1. Normal working load for single S800 arm would be 6-7 Amps
2. for the copper wire inside embedded in the arm is around Gauge 16, approximate ly equals 1.13 square mm. that's 11*1.13=12.4 Amps (one square mm allows 11Amps). Max amp i agree 16Amps. so normal - max still a rule of thumb range.
3. also the resistance of the copper fiber embedded in the arm is much much lower than the motor coil (much thinner and longer), voltage ripple effect could be neglected.
HADOKEN is offline Find More Posts by HADOKEN
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2012, 01:57 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Anaheim
Joined Dec 2011
379 Posts
What was your post??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photoship One View Post
...
shdwkeeper is offline Find More Posts by shdwkeeper
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2012, 06:00 PM
Registered User
flytahiti's Avatar
Polynésie française, Îles du Vent, Papeete
Joined Mar 2010
487 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photoship One View Post
S800 conversion kit for 3X Pro v2 camera gimbal. Uses factory S800 landing legs. Working on mounting plate next week. No need for retracts as the landing gear rotates in pan with gimbal.

really very nice and a would be interested ,but as it is a 360 pan where could we mount the stabilizing card, RX, battery and video TX ?
flytahiti is offline Find More Posts by flytahiti
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2012, 09:11 PM
Registered User
skivvie's Avatar
United States, UT, Draper
Joined Aug 2011
175 Posts
Has anyone has come up with a brilliant solution for quickly mounting and removing the GPS/Compass mast? Finally getting my S800 out of it's case! I tried an R pin on my previous WKM build but it was just too loose given my lack of precision drilling equipment.

What are you guys who disassemble the S800 back to it's case regularly doing about the mast? Thanks!
skivvie is offline Find More Posts by skivvie
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2012, 11:27 AM
Registered User
United States, CA, Anaheim
Joined Dec 2011
379 Posts
Will this 3X Pro v2 camera gimbal hold basically any camera? (5D mk2, 3) Also does anyone know if the S800 is capable of lifting this gimbal with a 5D or 7D with a 50mm Prime?
shdwkeeper is offline Find More Posts by shdwkeeper
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion My DJI Spreading Wings S800 just came in the mail and I think I'm in trouble jasper7821 Multirotor Talk 219 Oct 16, 2012 05:11 PM
New Product DJI Spreading Wings S-800 Hexa multi-rotor sidneyw Multirotor Talk 930 Jun 22, 2012 10:14 AM
Discussion DJI Spread Wings S800 and Zenmuse Z15 prices are out! tpnitro Multirotor Talk 120 Jun 19, 2012 01:27 AM
Discussion DJI S800 Spreading Wings has landed at Quadcopters UK Headquarters QuadcoptersUk Multirotor Talk 8 May 14, 2012 01:27 PM
Discussion Dji Spreading Wings (S800) coming Huluhulu Multirotor Talk 7 Apr 27, 2012 03:11 AM