HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 11, 2013, 02:12 PM
United States, FL, Daytona Beach
Joined Mar 2004
1,117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicoblast View Post
Tilting motors a few degrees doesn't help for stability but helps for yaw authority. Yaw will be more precise.
At least it's what I understand with my tests.

Maybe this will help
Go4it is offline Find More Posts by Go4it
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 11, 2013, 02:21 PM
Forensic Animation/Video/Photo
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Nov 2011
583 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by piscaj View Post
@DJI

+1 on this. I never received one ether, but I did inquire with UAV Products, the answer from Robert was "He hasn't received instruction from DJI on giving them out yet". This was a Month ago, none the less, I purchased one, because I needed additional CAN buss ports because I'm running the data link and the Z15. I can only say that the v1 OSD works well for a HUB, I can't make it work correctly with a 3rd party FPV camera. OSD v2 MKII seems to solve this and I'm hoping to receive one per DJIs promise to us folks that went through the ESC problem.

Thanks
My dealer gave me the DJI CAN-BUS which gives me a bunch of extra can-bus ports. It's a simple box with both style can-bus ports.
vislaw is offline Find More Posts by vislaw
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 11, 2013, 05:46 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Sep 2012
422 Posts
400kv T motor upgrade for s800

I just stumbled on these and was wondering if anyone else knew about them?

http://www.rctigermotor.com/show.php?contentid=172

Wouldn't mind testing a set but at $100ea...

Thoughts? What difference would kv400 make if any?
apvxtreme is offline Find More Posts by apvxtreme
Old Jan 11, 2013, 08:12 PM
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined Jun 2011
101 Posts
In regards to the upcoming Bluetooth module:

if you have a connection between your smartphone and wookong, why don't you use the smartphone as a tracker? So the wookong automatically follows the position of the iphone? Would be a really cool feature!
Button2011 is offline Find More Posts by Button2011
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:10 PM
United States, MA, Boston
Joined Dec 2011
92 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vislaw View Post
My dealer gave me the DJI CAN-BUS which gives me a bunch of extra can-bus ports. It's a simple box with both style can-bus ports.
Wish I heard about that.
piscaj is offline Find More Posts by piscaj
Old Jan 12, 2013, 05:27 AM
United Kingdom, England, Surrey
Joined Jan 2012
429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Button2011 View Post
In regards to the upcoming Bluetooth module:

if you have a connection between your smartphone and wookong, why don't you use the smartphone as a tracker? So the wookong automatically follows the position of the iphone? Would be a really cool feature!
That would be good although BT typically has little range, maybe 30meters at most from your mobile? And for it to work it would have to update the data radio with GPS co-ordinates every half second or something like that? Not sue BT would be up to the task? Either way it is a feature that would be good to see.. MK have it already
Aviator1 is offline Find More Posts by Aviator1
Old Jan 12, 2013, 06:12 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Aug 2011
249 Posts
Hey Everyone

Any chance someone could post some photos of how they have layed out their components between the 2 center plates on the S800 ?

I'm quite keen to see how others are laying them out, to see if there is any changes i could make to mine

Thanks in advance
Huddo is offline Find More Posts by Huddo
Old Jan 12, 2013, 06:34 AM
Chalfont St Giles, Bucks, UK
Joined Jan 2007
3,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huddo View Post
Hey Everyone

Any chance someone could post some photos of how they have layed out their components between the 2 center plates on the S800 ?

I'm quite keen to see how others are laying them out, to see if there is any changes i could make to mine

Thanks in advance
Huddo. Just in case you did not know.
When you look at the title of this thread. To the right of where it says "last page" you will see a paper clip icon. Click on that and it will open up the photo gallery for this thread. You might find a picture that you are after.
Paul@SCC is offline Find More Posts by Paul@SCC
Old Jan 12, 2013, 06:42 AM
Staying Frosty
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Feb 2008
2,964 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by apvxtreme View Post
I just stumbled on these and was wondering if anyone else knew about them?

http://www.rctigermotor.com/show.php?contentid=172

Wouldn't mind testing a set but at $100ea...

Thoughts? What difference would kv400 make if any?
I got these for my 1200mm airframe I just finished. You need to match the motors to your lipos, then props etc... On mine we're using 6s lipos and 16x7 JXF props. I wanted to be able to deal with flying at altitude and lifting a little more gear / lenses.
Hellsiege is offline Find More Posts by Hellsiege
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Construction Projects - Updated
Old Jan 12, 2013, 07:31 AM
United States, FL, Daytona Beach
Joined Mar 2004
1,117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsiege View Post
I got these for my 1200mm airframe I just finished. You need to match the motors to your lipos, then props etc... On mine we're using 6s lipos and 16x7 JXF props. I wanted to be able to deal with flying at altitude and lifting a little more gear / lenses.

http://www.cermark.com/categories/RC...XF-wood-props/

Who sells the 16x7 JXF
Go4it is offline Find More Posts by Go4it
Old Jan 12, 2013, 10:17 AM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Sep 2012
422 Posts
I usually run dual 5000mah 6s With 15x5's, my bird is a little over 16 lbs. I wonder how they would affect flight times? Have you flown it yet? (damn 1200mm is a big frame!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsiege View Post
apvxtreme is offline Find More Posts by apvxtreme
Old Jan 12, 2013, 10:34 AM
Joined Oct 2012
405 Posts
Reinforced Arms

Several post before all we talked about the best ways to reinforce our arms... but some of you guys mention that were going to do some new tests...

some pics /results of these?

Regards

Roberto
rruiz is offline Find More Posts by rruiz
Old Jan 12, 2013, 10:57 AM
Zenmusement
Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, Gent
Joined Dec 2012
155 Posts
Just finished another little test-flight.

Notes:

- Mechanically it's perfect: when I put it in manual mode it almost stays hovering level without touching the controls (see 5:00)
Also gives me white flashes in manual though..

- In GPS-atti it's stays pretty tight in it's 2m diameter, but it does drift of a bit when yawing, flies back to original location after yaw though. Also, frequent triple white led flashed, possibly inadequate gps reception?

- In atti-mode there is a SERIOUS drift to the left! I have to keep on giving it counter-aileron to the right to keep it from flying of.. This is what's bugging me the most. It must be a IMU problem since it stays perfectly stable in Manual-mode...
Also occasional triple white flashes, maybe a compass misreading? I did do a succesfull and clean calibration just before this flight though... The IMU is not touching the sides op the top-plate...

Here's the movie:
S800 Wookong Test-flight - White Leds And Drift - (5 min 17 sec)

What could be wrong?
How can I get rid of the sideways drift in atti- mode? This is my main concern, since it flies pretty good and I don't notice a difference in flying-characteristics with the white flashes or without.

here are my settings (it's a basic S800 with the gps mounted on the longest pole fairly in the center, and with one Gens Ace 10ah 6S attached underneath the centerplate.)
Michiel van Son is offline Find More Posts by Michiel van Son
Last edited by Michiel van Son; Jan 12, 2013 at 11:11 AM.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 12:07 PM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
Michiel, what is the atti gain?
sidneyw is offline Find More Posts by sidneyw
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 12, 2013, 12:08 PM
Staying Frosty
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Feb 2008
2,964 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go4it View Post
himodel.com - I wanted 16x8's but they didn't have them so figured these we're close enough. Only have two flights on it, see latest blog flight for maiden.

I've never seen that big of props on a s800 that wasn't extended, would also be concerned about arm strength.
Hellsiege is offline Find More Posts by Hellsiege
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Construction Projects - Updated