HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 08, 2013, 04:18 PM
Joined Mar 2012
754 Posts
Anyone know if the servos are supposed to sound like this on the DJI retracts?

DJI retractable landing gear (1 min 14 sec)

Did I do the calibration wrong or am I good to go?

Cheers!
c3d76 is online now Find More Posts by c3d76
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 08, 2013, 04:21 PM
Joined Nov 2012
175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by c3d76 View Post

Cheers!

Sounds like you're pushing the servos past their limits, but it might be still OK. I don't know how is it designed to work
alfi666 is offline Find More Posts by alfi666
Old Jan 08, 2013, 04:39 PM
Joined Mar 2012
754 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfi666 View Post
Sounds like you're pushing the servos past their limits, but it might be still OK. I don't know how is it designed to work
That is exactly what it sounds like... I hope it is "Normal"
Old Jan 08, 2013, 05:17 PM
Joined Feb 2012
58 Posts
Regarding my HDMI NTSC video issue

Contacted Robert @ UAV Products concerning my bad video problem and the knowledge I gained here on how to rectify it. He is sending out a new V.2 board so I can finally get rid of my separate (and such a hassle with that wrapping cord) FPV cam. Now I'll get to finally use the Zen on-board video the way it was designed to work.

Robert has always been very good in dealing with my problems/issues. He has responded to my emails very promptly and has sent things out very quickly. His service has been top notch. Thanks Robert, for all you do.

Yet again, this board has helped me enormously.
Thanks, once again, to all.
gsoberg is offline Find More Posts by gsoberg
Old Jan 08, 2013, 07:32 PM
zzr
DEAF-POWER
United States, CA, Los Gatos
Joined Feb 2006
293 Posts
Rlg

You got a solid green light, everything is okay. My RLG is same function as your.
Just test flight for my RLG on my youtube here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbv4k9VB6is

Quote:
That is exactly what it sounds like... I hope it is "Normal"
zzr is offline Find More Posts by zzr
Last edited by zzr; Jan 08, 2013 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Fixed youtube
Old Jan 08, 2013, 07:52 PM
United States, CA, Anaheim
Joined Dec 2011
379 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoberg View Post
Shdwkeeper, thanks for the info on the previous post concerning the firmware/hardware of the HDMI board. Again this is huge news to me! Now I just have to procure the new board.

Now the question I have for you is, why are you asking about FPV cam (which is plug and play) when you are using the video from the GH2 via the HDMI interface? You just want a secondary cam? My camera man is flying off a 7" monitor. It's too weird for him to by flying the camera via goggles. However, I might be flying off of goggles in the future. Also, I am flying the GH2.
Yeah 2nd camera, you can get further out and know your boundries when your actually on the craft and let the 2nd man get his shots and rotate camera.

It takes a little bit to get used to FPV, I'm practicing on a smaller cheaper craft at the moment until I get it down. I would rather spend $20-$100 on parts crashing my test craft than an S800
shdwkeeper is offline Find More Posts by shdwkeeper
Old Jan 08, 2013, 07:52 PM
Joined Mar 2012
754 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzr View Post
You got a solid green light, everything is okay. My RLG is same function as your.
Just test flight for my RLG on my youtube here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbv4k9VB6is

Thank you ZZR, that's what I wanted to know

Now I'm thinking I should have re-used the main carbon tubes/legs from the original landing gear on the retracts . A bit of a pain since I already installed the LED's and wires for the video transmitters on the new "legs"...
It looks like they are exactly the same size but I do not know why they used a different material on the retracts
Old Jan 08, 2013, 08:01 PM
Joined Jul 2011
578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckBasher View Post
Your lucky, sadly as always DJI wants me to contact distributor for that issue and distributor say not free. Hope DJI will take care of us minorities
Hi

The HDMI V2 for NEX series is not free, that's true, since it's a function upgrading not bug fix. Your distributor is right.

Thanks
DJI INNOVATIONS is offline Find More Posts by DJI INNOVATIONS
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 08, 2013, 08:09 PM
Joined Jul 2011
578 Posts
Quote:
Anyone know if the servos are supposed to sound like this on the DJI retracts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovhX-bGpMsU

Cheers!
Servo needs work 2-3 more seconds after leg reach the expected position, your retracts works very well, don't worry
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 08, 2013, 08:13 PM
Joined Mar 2012
754 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJI INNOVATIONS View Post
Servo needs work 2-3 more seconds after leg reach the expected position, your retracts works very well, don't worry
Thanks for confirming that

By any chance do you know if I can use the old legs on the retracts? As in are they interchangeable? I'd rather be sure before destroying my wiring job...

Cheers,

Cedric
Old Jan 08, 2013, 08:14 PM
zzr
DEAF-POWER
Joined Feb 2006
293 Posts
Welcome, I really like my new RLG because it perfect fit mounted from the power board of center frame than original LG. RLG is good quality and different sizes for width and height.
Quote:
Thank you ZZR, that's what I wanted to know

Now I'm thinking I should have re-used the main carbon tubes/legs from the original landing gear on the retracts . A bit of a pain since I already installed the LED's and wires for the video transmitters on the new "legs"...
It looks like they are exactly the same size but I do not know why they used a different material on the retracts
Old Jan 08, 2013, 08:29 PM
zzr
DEAF-POWER
Joined Feb 2006
293 Posts
No wondered! New Z15 includes with HDMI V2?
Quote:
Hi

The HDMI V2 for NEX series is not free, that's true, since it's a function upgrading not bug fix. Your distributor is right.

Thanks
Old Jan 08, 2013, 08:56 PM
United States, CA, Anaheim
Joined Dec 2011
379 Posts
Quote:
Hi

Thanks
Here is where that is stated as well: http://wiki.dji-innovations.com/en/i...Using_Problems

9th line down:

How can Z15 5N/7 have video shooting function included?
Latest firmware should be upgraded and new HDMI board marked as V2 should be changed for Z15. (Chargable)
shdwkeeper is offline Find More Posts by shdwkeeper
Old Jan 08, 2013, 09:43 PM
Joined Jul 2011
578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzr View Post
No wondered! New Z15 includes with HDMI V2?
Yes, new Z15 will couple with HDMI V2.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 08, 2013, 10:56 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Mar 2004
1,003 Posts
Quote:
Hi

Thanks

I am glad I am still waiting for the bugs to be resolved
Go4it is offline Find More Posts by Go4it