HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 15, 2012, 12:13 PM
Joined Oct 2012
375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaalie View Post
I never use schrink tube anymore after the first three sets. Apply the resin before you put on the carbon on the arm, and dry the carboncloth as dry as possible with a teflon roller and after this with tissue.
Some examples:
But this is the way I do the S800 arms. Maybe an other method is better, so I'm reading with great interest!
How you do those perfect cuts around the holes? (with me all the fibers move a lot)
Regards
rruiz is offline Find More Posts by rruiz
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 15, 2012, 12:27 PM
Stay airborne my friends
USA, TN, Dickson
Joined Nov 2004
994 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rruiz View Post
How you do those perfect cuts around the holes? (with me all the fibers move a lot)
Regards
Yeah, someone needs to do a how to video.
rc-mike is offline Find More Posts by rc-mike
Old Dec 15, 2012, 12:38 PM
Joined Feb 2012
58 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc-mike View Post
Yeah, someone needs to do a how to video.
+1
Greg
gsoberg is offline Find More Posts by gsoberg
Old Dec 15, 2012, 12:39 PM
United States, CA, West Hollywood
Joined Jan 2008
1,741 Posts
KopterCAM, great videos,

That snowboard action have PAID written all over it. ;-)

Love the house video, and what a beautifully designed house.
Notice a tini bit of roll in the beginning on the gimbal, mine do the same thing, it seems to straighten up after a few minutes but is driving me nuts trying to get it straight from the start. ;-)
Bo Lorentzen is offline Find More Posts by Bo Lorentzen
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 15, 2012, 01:08 PM
Canada, QC, Laval
Joined Apr 2008
1,123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rruiz View Post
Regards
I thinck he does it the same way I do. You wait for it to cure then use the Dremmel with thin cutting wheel very carefully.

Cheers
bcollydas is offline Find More Posts by bcollydas
Old Dec 15, 2012, 02:26 PM
Joined Sep 2012
81 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by consoleworld View Post
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think i found the better Φ42mm , only with 0.46 usd 1000mm.

Here the test from shrinking tube .

The epoxy ritin dont glue on it .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8MJ6...eature=youtube

Christian
Hello Christian,

It looks great, but I'm not sure I understand very well.
Is it supposed to be an alternative to carbon?
Does it make arms more rigid? or is it to be used in the process before carbon sleeves?

Thank you
parismarrakech is offline Find More Posts by parismarrakech
Old Dec 15, 2012, 03:03 PM
Finland, Helsinki
Joined Aug 2012
50 Posts
@AEMontoya

Thanks! yea, its a nice challenge to try and come up with shots that use the S800's footage to its full potential! but man, the timing on that one was pretty difficult

HAHA, theres plenty beauties to choose from over here...I didn't exactly move here from Australia for the weather or the food

@Bo Lorentzen

Interestingly enough the Viking House was shot using the firmware 5.14 and i was having major issues with the horizon not staying level, especially on pan shots. Since the upgrade in both WKM and Zenmuse firmwares, it seems to be holding the horizon level much better!
koptercam is offline Find More Posts by koptercam
Old Dec 15, 2012, 03:06 PM
PolynÚsie franšaise, ╬les du Vent, Papeete
Joined Mar 2010
487 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaalie View Post
I never use schrink tube anymore after the first three sets. Apply the resin before you put on the carbon on the arm, and dry the carboncloth as dry as possible with a teflon roller and after this with tissue.
Some examples:

2 minutes after applying the carbon:

But this is the way I do the S800 arms. Maybe an other method is better, so I'm reading with great interest!
i hope someone will make for sale a reinforcement Kit ,like two half carbon hull . it would be easy to glue on arms .
flytahiti is offline Find More Posts by flytahiti
Old Dec 15, 2012, 03:19 PM
United States, CA, West Hollywood
Joined Jan 2008
1,741 Posts
@ KopterCAM - ahh cool thank you, Guess I should overcome my fear of new firmware and upgrade

He he. I moved from Oslo (am danish) to California... for the sun, beach, and 45 minutes drive to the snow in the winter.. and Hollywood 15 minutes down the street.
Bo Lorentzen is offline Find More Posts by Bo Lorentzen
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 15, 2012, 03:35 PM
Netherlands
Joined May 2006
482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flytahiti View Post
i hope someone will make for sale a reinforcement Kit ,like two half carbon hull . it would be easy to glue on arms .
Is this a challenge? I think of one hull, that could be bent open to mount over the arm , any other thought?
Aaalie is online now Find More Posts by Aaalie
Old Dec 15, 2012, 04:30 PM
PolynÚsie franšaise, ╬les du Vent, Papeete
Joined Mar 2010
487 Posts
not a challenge but the first that will do that will sell to almost all S800 owners and i will be the first to buy .
flytahiti is offline Find More Posts by flytahiti
Old Dec 15, 2012, 07:50 PM
Australia, SA, Verran
Joined Dec 2012
79 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Is anyone having luck with reinforcing the arms? I've actually just got my S800 in the air for the first time today. I've got some footage from my second flight. Just had the GH2 locked off with the zenmuse. But it is clearly showing some JelloCam.

I struggled with this with our F550 until I balanced the motors, changed my props to Graupners and balanced them.

By doing some laser balancing I'm able to see that all of my motors except one were balanced. The props seemed to be balanced on the prop balancer but when I put the props on the motors and add the laser it pretty much goes crazy.

This footage was taken in some pretty high winds which could be the main cause. I'm still getting some white flashes and a little altitude loss when I get them at times. But the S800 still responds relatively nicely. (Is anyone else having the white light issue?)

Anyway here is the video:

S800 - First Flight Aerial Footage - Panasonic GH2 (2 min 18 sec)
Stacy Cobb is offline Find More Posts by Stacy Cobb
Old Dec 15, 2012, 10:02 PM
Lost in the wind
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jun 2012
205 Posts
I got mine, yes they were easy to install.

goes up smooth, but when I come down, it bounces it's way down. The motor sounds good..

When I add rubberband "simulate what DJI has with springs", it seem to help alot. any idea if this is normal?

KS

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAVProducts View Post
These SeCraft landing gear are amazing. Install is stupid easy, took all of 15-20mins.
Quality is very very good. Fail safe programed in TX puts them down if lost of signal.
I'm a big fan of these.

Now I need to find time to go play with these and retrofit them to the skunk work projects.
ksrimoungchanh is offline Find More Posts by ksrimoungchanh
Old Dec 16, 2012, 03:13 AM
Netherlands
Joined May 2006
482 Posts
@ Stacy Cobb,

What FW are you running on the Zen? Your pan looks a little restless.
Aaalie is online now Find More Posts by Aaalie
Old Dec 16, 2012, 04:48 AM
Joined Nov 2012
111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by parismarrakech View Post
Hello Christian,

It looks great, but I'm not sure I understand very well.
Is it supposed to be an alternative to carbon?
Does it make arms more rigid? or is it to be used in the process before carbon sleeves?

Thank you

Are to be placed last in the entire process of reinforce the arms .
After the carbon sleeves with epoxy you add and shrinking tube , 24 hours after cutter the shrinking tube in the botom side of arms to remoove it .
I test this in the next 1-2 weeks .

Christian
consoleworld is online now Find More Posts by consoleworld