HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:20 AM
United States, CA, Anaheim
Joined Dec 2011
379 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heli001 View Post
Shadowkeeper and Ed,

I should have qualified my ststement to say: the INTERIOR dimensions are the same. The foam from the S800 package fits in the Pelican 1600 case. The 1600 and 1660 can go as checked baggage.

Sorry for any confusion and thanks for listing the size chart Shadow........!
gotcha
shdwkeeper is offline Find More Posts by shdwkeeper
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:37 AM
United Kingdom, England, Surrey
Joined Jan 2012
428 Posts
A friend of mine here in the UK is having a case specially designed for the S800 Zenmuse combo and will be selling them very shortly... I will find out some more info for those interested?
Aviator1 is offline Find More Posts by Aviator1
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:54 AM
Slovenia
Joined Feb 2011
734 Posts
I have my complete s800 set in two 1560.

Are here any owners of the alternative retracts?
quadslo is offline Find More Posts by quadslo
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:23 PM
Triple Tree Aerodrome
Charlotte, NC
Joined Feb 2002
406 Posts
Quad,

Go back to page 213......discussion of the "Other" retracts starts somewhere around there. You can go back a few pages more as there was a discussion about the actuators that are used......We have the Secraft Retracts and they are working just fine.

Hope this helps you out in making your decision on which to purchase
heli001 is offline Find More Posts by heli001
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:59 PM
Romania, TM, Timisoara
Joined Mar 2008
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator1 View Post
You are quite right, I also dont think it would fly very well, but merely suggested that in theory it could be a possibility without a gimbal? I like a challenge... Anyhow it is all just an idea and not a good one as it defeats the purpose of the S800 and its main advantages, so probably best to end the conversation here as I am growing tired of Icemans boyish remarks..
My final comment on this matter. After the person asks to put a 4S lipo on the copter which reduces the RPM of the motor you go on suggesting he should use a MUCH smaller prop.
If you really are smart and you work for 17!!! years in this domain please explain how that makes ANY kind of sense.
I only said that you should learn the basics as clearly you do not know them. Your replay that you work in this domain for 17 years is the real joke here. I still recommend you learn the basics. If you want i can PM you some links to understand the relationship between motor kv, battery size and prop size...
Also please tell me how it was boyish of me to tell you the truth ? If you really have such a impressive CV in this matter than it is very sad that you don't understand much about this matter...
Iceman575 is offline Find More Posts by Iceman575
Last edited by Iceman575; Dec 13, 2012 at 03:57 PM.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 02:11 PM
AEM
Bay Area, CA
Joined Sep 2009
926 Posts
Quote:
A friend of mine here in the UK is having a case specially designed for the S800 Zenmuse combo and will be selling them very shortly... I will find out some more info for those interested?
Yeah, definitely. Please let us know more as you find out. Some pics would be great, whenever they come out. Thanks!
AEMontoya is offline Find More Posts by AEMontoya
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DJI Phantom on 4s with WKM
Old Dec 13, 2012, 02:21 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Mar 2004
1,002 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman575 View Post
My final comment on this matter. After the person asks to put a 4S lipo on the copter which reduces the RPM of the motor you go on suggesting he should use a MUCH smaller prop.
If you really are smart and you work for 17!!! years in this domain please explain how that makes ANY kind of sense.
I only said that you should learn the basics as clearly you do not know them. Your replay that you work in this domain for 17 years is the real joke hear. I still recommend you learn the basics. If you want i can PM you some links to understand the relationship between motor kv, battery size and prop size...
Also please tell me how it was boyish of me to tell you the truth ? If you really have such a impressive CV in this matter than it is very sad that you don't understand much about this matter...
I agree, if you would please post the links that you mentioned understanding the reationship motor KV,lipo,prop size I love to read tech info.
Go4it is online now Find More Posts by Go4it
Old Dec 13, 2012, 02:30 PM
Milledgeville Ga
Joined Feb 2008
82 Posts
Pretty much have any arm loaded with motor and esc brand new... just want to swap for a red "O".
jhamlinjr is offline Find More Posts by jhamlinjr
Old Dec 13, 2012, 02:33 PM
The Netherlands, NH, Kudelstaart
Joined Jul 2012
67 Posts
Quote:

Digitech have a case http://shop.jet-1a.com/product_info....5ff4db615701c4
Taszz is online now Find More Posts by Taszz
Old Dec 13, 2012, 02:49 PM
Germany, SA, Halle Saale
Joined Nov 2012
342 Posts
i bought this one:

http://www.thomann.de/de/thon_zubehoercase_60x50x50.htm

wich is 124 euro, but with this types your are not able to take them with you on a plane easyly ...

but for me perfect!

i did ecxactly the same ... i put the original foam onto the bottom, put the arms inside. on top of that a slim panel with hinges. on top of that comes the landing gear put together, including zenmuse and camera attached. between the legs comes the center frame. right next to th landing gear come the 2 transmittors ...

i won´t put batteries insidebecause of security, but you could if you want ...

rené
renricker7 is online now Find More Posts by renricker7
Last edited by renricker7; Dec 13, 2012 at 03:00 PM.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 02:57 PM
zzr
DEAF-POWER
United States, CA, Los Gatos
Joined Feb 2006
293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEMontoya View Post
Yeah, definitely. Please let us know more as you find out. Some pics would be great, whenever they come out. Thanks!
+1
zzr is offline Find More Posts by zzr
Old Dec 13, 2012, 04:20 PM
Spain, Murcia, Cartagena
Joined Nov 2012
86 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by renricker7 View Post
i bought this one:

http://www.thomann.de/de/thon_zubehoercase_60x50x50.htm

wich is 124 euro, but with this types your are not able to take them with you on a plane easyly ...

but for me perfect!

i did ecxactly the same ... i put the original foam onto the bottom, put the arms inside. on top of that a slim panel with hinges. on top of that comes the landing gear put together, including zenmuse and camera attached. between the legs comes the center frame. right next to th landing gear come the 2 transmittors ...

i won´t put batteries insidebecause of security, but you could if you want ...

rené
thank
toscatara is offline Find More Posts by toscatara
Old Dec 13, 2012, 04:39 PM
United Kingdom, England, Surrey
Joined Jan 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEMontoya View Post
I have the plans at the moment and will see if it is ok to post them? or a picture of a prototype? Also I will try to get a release date and cost... I will see if I can find out tomorrow
Aviator1 is offline Find More Posts by Aviator1
Old Dec 13, 2012, 09:02 PM
zzr
DEAF-POWER
United States, CA, Los Gatos
Joined Feb 2006
293 Posts
deleted
zzr is offline Find More Posts by zzr
Last edited by zzr; Dec 14, 2012 at 04:00 AM. Reason: Deleted
Old Dec 13, 2012, 09:25 PM
zzr