HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 12, 2012, 03:07 PM
Needs more bacon!
United States, WI, Milwaukee
Joined Jan 2011
1,060 Posts
Just go 6s with the S800 the batterys aren't too bad if you get the zippy 6s 5000mah and put them in parallel, ever since I got the S800 with the low KVM motors it has prompted me to convert all my other heavy lifters to 6s with low kvm motors, big props and I've been extremely happy with their wind performance.
Dolby is offline Find More Posts by Dolby
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 12, 2012, 03:13 PM
Romania, TM, Timisoara
Joined Mar 2008
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Just go 6s with the S800 the batterys aren't too bad if you get the zippy 6s 5000mah and put them in parallel, ever since I got the S800 with the low KVM motors it has prompted me to convert all my other heavy lifters to 6s with low kvm motors and I've been extremely happy with their wind performance.
Yes 6S improved copters a lot. This is something the RC Heli industry learned about 2 years ago. Seems like copters where are little behind in this matter.
Iceman575 is offline Find More Posts by Iceman575
Old Dec 12, 2012, 03:29 PM
Germany, SA, Halle Saale
Joined Nov 2012
390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marown View Post
First test objekt: 4 Roses Burbon ^^
Lets see how well its done in 24h

=)

Marown
wich shrink tube did you use?

rené
renricker7 is offline Find More Posts by renricker7
Old Dec 12, 2012, 03:48 PM
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Jan 2011
225 Posts
Quote:

=)

Marown
you drink it before ?????
sdaudet is online now Find More Posts by sdaudet
Old Dec 12, 2012, 04:04 PM
Triple Tree Aerodrome
Charlotte, NC
Joined Feb 2002
406 Posts
Quote:

=)

Marown
Marown,

You might want to consider Vacuum Bagging the part rather than the Shrink Wrap, as it may give a better finish. We bag everything we do (Molds) and have never tried the shrink wrap. We will be very interested in how it turns out.

Good Luck......!
heli001 is offline Find More Posts by heli001
Old Dec 12, 2012, 04:15 PM
United Kingdom, England, Surrey
Joined Jan 2012
429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman575 View Post
No offense but you don't understand the basics about copters. Keyword here is motor RPM. Given a 1V the motor will rotate at a certain RPM. So lowering the current will make the motor turn slower. Put a smaller prop on the same engine with a lower speed and you get even less lift. You should read about the basic principles of copter and aircraft's in general.

But to put it simple everything you just said in your last 2 posts is wrong. Sorry.
Not to worry I have only been doing it for 17 years run a full time business solely using UAV`s and occasionly work as a consultant for UAV design and setup but hey we learn something new everyday.. But yes I agree 6s is the best option and was only stating that it could be a possibility to get the S800 airbourne on 4S
Aviator1 is offline Find More Posts by Aviator1
Old Dec 12, 2012, 04:41 PM
Joined Nov 2012
151 Posts
I found this , for shrink the arms .

1. http://www.carbonmods.co.uk/products...tape-roll.aspx

2. http://www.himodel.com/electric/D42m...ansparent.html

Christian .
consoleworld is online now Find More Posts by consoleworld
Old Dec 12, 2012, 04:48 PM
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Jan 2011
225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by consoleworld View Post
Or this
http://www.flashrc.com/plasti_dip/56...311g_noir.html

http://www.flashrc.com/plasti_dip/56...200g_noir.html
sdaudet is online now Find More Posts by sdaudet
Last edited by sdaudet; Dec 12, 2012 at 04:49 PM. Reason: 2link
Old Dec 12, 2012, 05:08 PM
Romania, TM, Timisoara
Joined Mar 2008
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator1 View Post
Not to worry I have only been doing it for 17 years run a full time business solely using UAV`s and occasionly work as a consultant for UAV design and setup but hey we learn something new everyday.. But yes I agree 6s is the best option and was only stating that it could be a possibility to get the S800 airbourne on 4S
I am so sorry to hear that. If you really do this for that long and suggest going with 11x4,7 props on 4S on the S800 then i am sorry for the people you work for...
Iceman575 is offline Find More Posts by Iceman575
Old Dec 12, 2012, 06:02 PM
Joined Oct 2011
474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdaudet View Post
Do you know the price ?
Did they could do it for zenmuse ?
Thanks
I dont think it will fit zenmuse, it was meant for the s800 only, like those that got the pre-ordered s800
TruckBasher is online now Find More Posts by TruckBasher
Old Dec 12, 2012, 06:19 PM
Triple Tree Aerodrome
Charlotte, NC
Joined Feb 2002
406 Posts
The Pelican 1600 will fit the S800 completely disassembled, same dimensions as the Aluminum case that was with the Pre-Orders.

If you want to leave the gear intact with the gimbal, the Pelican 1660, 350 and 370 will hold them comfortably with the radio equipment; of course, you will still have to remove the arms. We just bought the 350 - 20" cube and the 370 - 24" cube. The 1660 seems like the best of the bunch, with casters and handle, but you can not use any of them as carry on. The 1600 might be borderline. Pelican makes some pretty nice cases and you can pick them up for reasonable prices on eBay. With the foam inserts, they are litterally Bullet Proof....!
heli001 is offline Find More Posts by heli001
Old Dec 12, 2012, 06:29 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Sep 2012
421 Posts
If you are just looking for something to tote it out to the field and back I just picked up some foam and a tote that was big enough to hold the bipod. Wouldn't use it for shipping but for local running around it works great. I can post a pic in a bit... The biggest cost was the foam because i bought the actual foam from a pelican 350 $150 but the tote was only $20...

(if I had a nickel for all the people in the elevator that stopped and said "what is this object, i've never seen one before?" )

Quote:
Originally Posted by heli001 View Post
The Pelican 1600 will fit the S800 completely disassembled, same dimensions as the Aluminum case that was with the Pre-Orders.

If you want to leave the gear intact with the gimbal, the Pelican 1660, 350 and 370 will hold them comfortably with the radio equipment; of course, you will still have to remove the arms. We just bought the 350 - 20" cube and the 370 - 24" cube. The 1660 seems like the best of the bunch, with casters and handle, but you can not use any of them as carry on. The 1600 might be borderline. Pelican makes some pretty nice cases and you can pick them up for reasonable prices on eBay. With the foam inserts, they are litterally Bullet Proof....!
apvxtreme is offline Find More Posts by apvxtreme
Old Dec 12, 2012, 06:30 PM
Joined Oct 2011
474 Posts
The only good think I like for the OEM alu case is the precut foam, I dont have the high density foam and the carton plus styrofoam I got is really in bad shape after resending back to DJI. I really need a case and precut foam preferably the high density foam.

Peli 1660 can be checked-in baggage? I like the idea of not having to disassemble the zenmuse. On another forum there is a discussion and one posted with a really good peli case just to big I guess for airlines.
TruckBasher is online now Find More Posts by TruckBasher
Old Dec 12, 2012, 08:08 PM
-:: Travel Addict ::-
Austria, Tir., Kitzbühel District
Joined Feb 2012
38 Posts
Quote:
The 1660 seems like the best of the bunch, with casters and handle, but you can not use any of them as carry on.
You can also get backpack straps that attach to the 1660.
http://www.rucpac.com

*Not affiliated with them in any way*
CrashDerail is offline Find More Posts by CrashDerail
Old Dec 12, 2012, 08:34 PM
Australia, SA, Verran
Joined Dec 2012
79 Posts
The Flashing White Lights. Bad Atti Mode

Hey guys I'm all of the sudden getting some white flashes. I see where several are saying that this is due to vibrations. Has anyone been able to fix it by getting rid of the vibrations or is there something else going on?

Surely someone has figured this out and can share their knowledge.

Thanks,
Stacy
Stacy Cobb is offline Find More Posts by Stacy Cobb