HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 12, 2012, 01:03 AM
Joined Sep 2012
60 Posts
Hello Everyone!

I will reinforce my test arm the next days and i will make some photos or a short video how i will do it.

I bought an arm from RCtimer to try it out. I got the carbone sleevs and the epoxy.
I also got some Shrinktubes.

I will try my best to do a good job and make a nice video to show you how its done.

Just to let you know its my first Carbone job but im not bad in those things so lets see if it will work.

Marown
Marown is offline Find More Posts by Marown
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 12, 2012, 01:19 AM
The greatest pleasure in life.
United States, TX, Pflugerville
Joined Dec 2010
103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marown View Post
Hello Everyone!

I will reinforce my test arm the next days and i will make some photos or a short video how i will do it.

I bought an arm from RCtimer to try it out. I got the carbone sleevs and the epoxy.

I will try my best to do a good job and make a nice video to show you how its done.

Just to let you know its my first Carbone job but im not bad in those things so lets see if it will work.

Marown
Cooool! Can't wait to see it.
Mac176 is offline Find More Posts by Mac176
Old Dec 12, 2012, 02:52 AM
Joined Sep 2012
83 Posts
Quote:
Hello Everyone!

Marown
Super, Thank You, I want to see this !
Will you also tell us exactly what you use, please?
parismarrakech is offline Find More Posts by parismarrakech
Old Dec 12, 2012, 02:56 AM
Joined Sep 2012
60 Posts
Yes i will !

I hope it works like i want too
It can take a week till i got the video because im a little bit stressed and i want to test every thing if its done.

Marown
Old Dec 12, 2012, 03:22 AM
Joined Sep 2012
83 Posts
Quote:
Yes i will !

I hope it works like i want too
It can take a week till i got the video because im a little bit stressed and i want to test every thing if its done.

Marown
Take your time. We want the perfect job !
parismarrakech is offline Find More Posts by parismarrakech
Old Dec 12, 2012, 08:20 AM
Joined Oct 2011
448 Posts
Found a alu case for s800 from RP Innovations

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...7745924&type=1

looks like oem case like the ones on the preordered s800
TruckBasher is offline Find More Posts by TruckBasher
Last edited by TruckBasher; Dec 13, 2012 at 05:16 AM.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 08:59 AM
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Jan 2011
225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckBasher View Post
Found a alu case for s800

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...7745924&type=1

looks like oem case like the ones on the preordered s800
Do you know the price ?
Did they could do it for zenmuse ?
Thanks
sdaudet is offline Find More Posts by sdaudet
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:04 AM
Joined Sep 2012
60 Posts
First test objekt: 4 Roses Burbon ^^
Lets see how well its done in 24h

=)

Marown
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:18 AM
Queens, NY and sometimes Orlando, FL
Joined Sep 2003
329 Posts
Is anyone here flying their S800 on 8s Lipo?

Just curious.
98 SNAKE EATER is offline Find More Posts by 98 SNAKE EATER
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:53 AM
Romania, TM, Timisoara
Joined Mar 2008
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98 SNAKE EATER View Post
Is anyone here flying their S800 on 8s Lipo?

Just curious.
You cannot use more than 6S. Even if the ESC and motors could handle 8S they get hot as it is. Using 8S is a death sentence for the S800.
Iceman575 is offline Find More Posts by Iceman575
Old Dec 12, 2012, 11:33 AM
Queens, NY and sometimes Orlando, FL
Joined Sep 2003
329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman575 View Post
You cannot use more than 6S. Even if the ESC and motors could handle 8S they get hot as it is. Using 8S is a death sentence for the S800.
That sucks

I run everything on 4s from land, sea or air, so I was hoping I wouldn't have to invest in new packs when I step up to an s800
98 SNAKE EATER is offline Find More Posts by 98 SNAKE EATER
Old Dec 12, 2012, 01:40 PM
United Kingdom, England, Surrey
Joined Jan 2012
429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98 SNAKE EATER View Post
That sucks

I run everything on 4s from land, sea or air, so I was hoping I wouldn't have to invest in new packs when I step up to an s800
It should work on 4s if you fly with two in parallel? they should provide enough lift, it depends on your payload I would imagine if you were carrying a camera and gimbal it would struggle, also you may find it not as stable on 4s as the motors wouldn`t react quick enough to error unless you bought some of Dennys prop adaptors and run 11 x 4.7 props..
Aviator1 is offline Find More Posts by Aviator1
Old Dec 12, 2012, 02:28 PM
Romania, TM, Timisoara
Joined Mar 2008
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator1 View Post
It should work on 4s if you fly with two in parallel? they should provide enough lift, it depends on your payload I would imagine if you were carrying a camera and gimbal it would struggle, also you may find it not as stable on 4s as the motors wouldn`t react quick enough to error unless you bought some of Dennys prop adaptors and run 11 x 4.7 props..
11x4.7 ? on 4s ? are you serious ? i think that was a typo.
No 4S would not work. You would barely be able to lift the S800 alone if at all. Also you cannot use bigger props as there is not enough clearance. I am afraid the S800 is designed around 6S. On a custom build ship you can calculate the motor RPM and adjust the prop accordingly. There you have some room. But as soon as you set it up it will run best at a certain Voltage. There are no universal copters that run with the same setup on different cell counts.
+- 1 cell might be doable to a certain degree but 2 cells difference is a lot. It's a lot even when you compare 10S to 12S in a big heli. But 4S to 6S is an increase of 50% which is HUGE.

At least this is my experience.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 02:36 PM
United Kingdom, England, Surrey
Joined Jan 2012
429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman575 View Post
11x4.7 ? on 4s ? are you serious ? i think that was a typo.
No 4S would not work. You would barely be able to lift the S800 alone if at all. Also you cannot use bigger props as there is not enough clearance. I am afraid the S800 is designed around 6S. On a custom build ship you can calculate the motor RPM and adjust the prop accordingly. There you have some room. But as soon as you set it up it will run best at a certain Voltage. There are no universal copters that run with the same setup on different cell counts.
+- 1 cell might be doable to a certain degree but 2 cells difference is a lot. It's a lot even when you compare 10S to 12S in a big heli. But 4S to 6S is an increase of 50% which is HUGE.

At least this is my experience.
The props are not bigger? they are 4 inches smaller. The S800 uses 15" props, I already use 4s with 11x4.7 props and can lift 7kg and perhaps more and fly for 8mins with 10000mah on another machine, this is just theory with the S800 but I could see it working as I say depending on the payload..
Aviator1 is offline Find More Posts by Aviator1
Old Dec 12, 2012, 03:02 PM
Romania, TM, Timisoara
Joined Mar 2008
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator1 View Post
The props are not bigger? they are 4 inches smaller. The S800 uses 15" props, I already use 4s with 11x4.7 props and can lift 7kg and perhaps more and fly for 8mins with 10000mah on another machine, this is just theory with the S800 but I could see it working as I say depending on the payload..
No offense but you don't understand the basics about copters. Keyword here is motor RPM. Given a 1V the motor will rotate at a certain RPM. So lowering the current will make the motor turn slower. Put a smaller prop on the same engine with a lower speed and you get even less lift. You should read about the basic principles of copter and aircraft's in general.

But to put it simple everything you just said in your last 2 posts is wrong. Sorry.