Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 10, 2012, 04:31 PM
Registered User
Germany, SA, Halle Saale
Joined Nov 2012
390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by parismarrakech View Post
Hello s800 owners.

I'am very interested by the carbon arm by Digitech:
http://shop.jet-1a.com/product_info....9bf25c6fdaf628

Did someone tried this and is there a real improvment on vibration with this?
It's quite expensive and I never did this kind of thing so I think I'am not able to do it myself. So it's worth paying this price only if there is real improvment and I could not find anything on youtube about this...

Can someone share his experience?

Thank you

hi,

go to page 213 of this thread and you will find more information - Aaalie (member of this forum) seems to be the guy who invented this idea and at page 213 you will find a clip showing how it works and effects the arms ...

seems to work very well!

rené
renricker7 is offline Find More Posts by renricker7
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 10, 2012, 04:37 PM
Registered User
Germany, SA, Halle Saale
Joined Nov 2012
390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by consoleworld View Post
More easy to find the sweet pot .
Just find it and after put some small pieces 16x8mm alu tape .

I dropped one propeller on the floor and broke
More test result next week , i order now one X propeller
If any have 1-2 X prop. and can send me ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T96CF...ature=youtu.be

Christian.
thanks a lot for your effort!!!

helps me a lot! :-)

rené
renricker7 is offline Find More Posts by renricker7
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 05:06 PM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2012
83 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by renricker7 View Post
hi,

go to page 213 of this thread and you will find more information - Aaalie (member of this forum) seems to be the guy who invented this idea and at page 213 you will find a clip showing how it works and effects the arms ...

seems to work very well!

rené
Thank you for your answer rené.
I allready read carefully this page but even if this video show how strong are the arms after being reinforced, I would like to see something else, like inflight video...
Or maybe someone who reinforced his arms could share his experience?

Thank you
parismarrakech is offline Find More Posts by parismarrakech
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 05:09 PM
Registered User
rruiz's Avatar
Joined Oct 2012
399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by renricker7 View Post
hi,

go to page 213 of this thread and you will find more information - Aaalie (member of this forum) seems to be the guy who invented this idea and at page 213 you will find a clip showing how it works and effects the arms ...

seems to work very well!

rené
Also review post #3212 and #2062 regarding reinforced arms !!

Regards

Roberto

I NEED TO ADD THAT YOU WILL FIND A LOT OF POSTS OF PEOPLE REINFORCING ARMS WITH REALLY GOOD RESULTS, I THINK IS A MUST DO ...
rruiz is offline Find More Posts by rruiz
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 05:22 PM
Registered User
rruiz's Avatar
Joined Oct 2012
399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by consoleworld View Post
More easy to find the sweet pot .
Just find it and after put some small pieces 16x8mm alu tape .

I dropped one propeller on the floor and broke
More test result next week , i order now one X propeller
If any have 1-2 X prop. and can send me ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T96CF...ature=youtu.be

Christian.
Christian for me one of the most important post I have read here, CONGRATULATIONS...

Do you plan to reinforce your arms?
What props are you using?

Would like to hear from you with more reviews/results ... how was your flight ?

Regards

Roberto
rruiz is offline Find More Posts by rruiz
Last edited by rruiz; Dec 10, 2012 at 08:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 05:34 PM
Registered User
Romania, TM, Timisoara
Joined Mar 2008
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by parismarrakech View Post
Thank you for your answer rené.
I allready read carefully this page but even if this video show how strong are the arms after being reinforced, I would like to see something else, like inflight video...
Or maybe someone who reinforced his arms could share his experience?

Thank you
I have tried every way to reinforce the arms. From normal zipties to glued on carbon tube. The best by far are the carbon cloth reinforced arms. They are awesome. Even props that had some vibes at full throttle are now smoother than ever. I have to try the original props again some day as i use XOAR 15x5 for now. However it is worth the upgrade to reinforce your arms. If you do not dare do it yourself it is worth the money. I have done them myself and the result is strong but not as pretty as the ones from digitech (at least from what i can see in their picture).
Iceman575 is offline Find More Posts by Iceman575
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 07:00 PM
Joined Jul 2011
651 Posts
Video: The Assembly & Calibration of S800 Retractable Landing Skid

After the video released days ago for SIX great advantages of S800 Retractable Landing Skid, DJI is glad to make another detailed video for Assembly, Calibration and Demostrations related to you here.

DJI S800 Retractable Landing Skid-Assembly&Calibration (8 min 14 sec)
DJI INNOVATIONS is offline Find More Posts by DJI INNOVATIONS
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 07:09 PM
AEM
AEMontoya's Avatar
Bay Area, CA
Joined Sep 2009
961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJI INNOVATIONS View Post
After the video released days ago for SIX great advantages of S800 Retractable Landing Skid, DJI is glad to make another detailed video for Assembly, Calibration and Demostrations related to you here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5fbwJ85ZE8
HEY DJI: WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO SELL THE RETRACTS WITHOUT ALL OF THE EXTRA BIPOD/H-FRAME/BATTERY TRAY/FASTENER STUFF THAT EVERYONE ALREADY HAS? Most everyone does not want to spend hundreds of dollars extra on stuff they already have--as I am sure you already know.
AEMontoya is online now Find More Posts by AEMontoya
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DJI Phantom on 4s with WKM
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 07:25 PM
Stay airborne my friends
rc-mike's Avatar
USA, TN, Dickson
Joined Nov 2004
998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman575 View Post
I have tried every way to reinforce the arms. From normal zipties to glued on carbon tube. The best by far are the carbon cloth reinforced arms. They are awesome. Even props that had some vibes at full throttle are now smoother than ever. I have to try the original props again some day as i use XOAR 15x5 for now. However it is worth the upgrade to reinforce your arms. If you do not dare do it yourself it is worth the money. I have done them myself and the result is strong but not as pretty as the ones from digitech (at least from what i can see in their picture).
What kind of cloth and epoxy did you use to reinforce your arms exactly? Do you have any pictures of your arms? I am seriously considering doing something like this to mine. I am trying to carry a little larger camera on a PhotoshipOne gimbal on mine and one of my arms occasionally would start oscillating wildly. I reinforced that one with a rod ziptied and glued to the bottom of it and it quit oscillating but is still not as rigid as I'd like. I did some tests with more weight and some of the other arms start wobbling when I load them up too.
rc-mike is offline Find More Posts by rc-mike
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 08:24 PM
Registered User
rruiz's Avatar
Joined Oct 2012
399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc-mike View Post
What kind of cloth and epoxy did you use to reinforce your arms exactly? Do you have any pictures of your arms? I am seriously considering doing something like this to mine. I am trying to carry a little larger camera on a PhotoshipOne gimbal on mine and one of my arms occasionally would start oscillating wildly. I reinforced that one with a rod ziptied and glued to the bottom of it and it quit oscillating but is still not as rigid as I'd like. I did some tests with more weight and some of the other arms start wobbling when I load them up too.

Here at town I bought my product, but review posts #1834 and #3212
rruiz is offline Find More Posts by rruiz
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 02:51 AM
Registered User
The Netherlands, NH, Kudelstaart
Joined Jul 2012
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEMontoya View Post
HEY DJI: WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO SELL THE RETRACTS WITHOUT ALL OF THE EXTRA BIPOD/H-FRAME/BATTERY TRAY/FASTENER STUFF THAT EVERYONE ALREADY HAS? Most everyone does not want to spend hundreds of dollars extra on stuff they already have--as I am sure you already know.
+1
Taszz is online now Find More Posts by Taszz
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 03:06 AM
Registered User
Aviator1's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Surrey
Joined Jan 2012
429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by consoleworld View Post
After some berry big vibration in my S800 ( problem with video ) i check the motors , and here is the result .
I test one by one and all have problem .
Its time to fix .

Christian.

http://youtu.be/s4Wp1nhDKUc
Using the same app and putting the phone in the same position I am getting readings of around 7! I cannot get it down below 3... Maybe because I am using a different phone? or all of my motors are crap?
Aviator1 is offline Find More Posts by Aviator1
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 03:29 AM
Joined Jul 2011
651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heli001 View Post
Biscuit,

You are exactly right; retracts should be 100% operational out of the box. I am not sure that Secraft had any problem at all, as it could have been a Turnbuckle/Alignment issue or a few of them could have been a bit "Tight" when manufactured. They have made a stand and will stand behind their products. If anyone is having ANY problems with their retracts, they will replace them. You can not ask for any better Customer Service than that. Secraft has been around for a long time and they are known for quality products. I don't think they would start with these retracts, in providing anything that is below their customary quality standards. But this is JMO (just my opinion) and YMMV......

The "Superioities" post was a bit funny, as the Secraft retracts will do everything the DJI ones will do. After all, they are simply retracts and any FailSafes are programmed into the transmitter. As for the blockage thing, the Secraft retracts will try to go UP or Down for ten seconds and if they can not complete raising or lowering, they will go back UP or Down.

The problem that I have been having with DJI is pure communications. Here is a post that I made over at the Multi Rotor Forums:


"To be very honest, WE were working directly with DJI on getting a set of Retracts and a few other items, through their Austin office. When the potential for a sale was there, THEY were very responsive.....Before the final payment, I had a question and for some reason, THEY stopped communicating. After a couple more emails with NO response, we went ahead and purchased the Secraft retracts and have been very happy with them. We look at it like this...over a communication issue, DJI lost a two thousand dollar sale.....It would seem that their sales department needs to be more agressive in working with their Customers. After all, we all are just Guinea Pigs for their products. If this was any other type of business, people would be making claims through the BBB. I have NO idea why they sropped communicating but they certainly lost a sale over it. You are right, Customer Service is paramount, with products like this and after so many issues, it looks like they would have improved, but in our case, that is not happening......very sad and I will probably get "Black Balled" for this post....... but I feel it is something that needs to be said......They really do need to get someone that has command of the English language to make their advertisements for them as the translator thing is just not working. This latest video on the "Superiorities" of the retracts is really pretty funny as the Secraft retracts will do all of the same things, it is just how you program them to work, nothing special at all.... "
Hei Heli001

Firstly sorry for the impression, believe me, that's not our original intention.

DJI is growing fast, thanks so much for everyone who cares/supports/like/criticize DJI, they are the power of DJI moving forward. And we have limited resources comparing with increasing demands, that’s what we are addressing in our first priority. A shortcut I think is firstly broaden the network of sales, make DJI reachable/reliable to customer, during this process, we look at the comprehensive capability including sales/marketing/brand/reputation/service etc. Customer believe what we believe, that's the source of sustainable growth.

Each DJI dealer is part of the process, extension of DJI, window of customer service, we welcome everyone who cares/supports/like/criticize DJI could feedback us your impersonal impression on DJI and our partners continually, keep us be aware of where we stand.

I already informed DJI USA contact you ASAP although you have chosen Secraft already.

Thank you again!
DJI INNOVATIONS is offline Find More Posts by DJI INNOVATIONS
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 03:37 AM
Joined Jul 2011
651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEMontoya View Post
HEY DJI: WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO SELL THE RETRACTS WITHOUT ALL OF THE EXTRA BIPOD/H-FRAME/BATTERY TRAY/FASTENER STUFF THAT EVERYONE ALREADY HAS? Most everyone does not want to spend hundreds of dollars extra on stuff they already have--as I am sure you already know.
Hi AEMontoya

Yes, we know that!
DJI INNOVATIONS is offline Find More Posts by DJI INNOVATIONS
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 03:50 AM
Registered User
Aaalie's Avatar
Netherlands
Joined May 2006
502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman575 View Post
The best by far are the carbon cloth reinforced arms. They are awesome. Even props that had some vibes at full throttle are now smoother than ever. I have to try the original props again some day as i use XOAR 15x5 for now. However it is worth the upgrade to reinforce your arms. If you do not dare do it yourself it is worth the money. I have done them myself and the result is strong but not as pretty as the ones from digitech (at least from what i can see in their picture).
+1

In the beginning I was convinced the original arms were strong and stiff enough. It took a while when I tried it, because normally you can't go back with the carbon/composite. And even if it's only 7 grams pro arm, how will it look?
By now I can not imagine the S800 without carbon arms. Also the S800 is quieter. Sometimes I think of all the props I've tried, trying to balance the motors, etc.etc. It's the best upgrade i.m.o. for the S800.
Buy some Carbon cloth and resin, spend a few evenings, (and even if it's not very pretty,) you will love it!

Kind regards,
Aldert
Aaalie is offline Find More Posts by Aaalie
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion My DJI Spreading Wings S800 just came in the mail and I think I'm in trouble jasper7821 Multirotor Talk 219 Oct 16, 2012 05:11 PM
New Product DJI Spreading Wings S-800 Hexa multi-rotor sidneyw Multirotor Talk 930 Jun 22, 2012 10:14 AM
Discussion DJI Spread Wings S800 and Zenmuse Z15 prices are out! tpnitro Multirotor Talk 120 Jun 19, 2012 01:27 AM
Discussion DJI S800 Spreading Wings has landed at Quadcopters UK Headquarters QuadcoptersUk Multirotor Talk 8 May 14, 2012 01:27 PM
Discussion Dji Spreading Wings (S800) coming Huluhulu Multirotor Talk 7 Apr 27, 2012 03:11 AM