Joined May 2006
516 Posts

Aaalie is offline Find More Posts by Aaalie
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:39 AM
Portugal, Lisbon, Cascais
Joined Mar 2010
327 Posts
Discussed with DJI today and they say that 5.16 should be reliable even after what I have mentioned. They do mention that some people might have different versions of ESC's and that could cause the melody not to be in sync, and if the hexa is unstable, it shouldn't be because of the FW... I don't totally agree with that since people who confirmed this doesn't complain anymore while coming back to 5.14. But this is just FYI.

I'm related to programming, debugging software etc.. and in my point of view, I don't understand why adding new features like they do those new FW could cause issues, as they are probably adding new code and not modifying something that already work, of course change can bring regressions, but... we don't know what is being change...
semich is offline Find More Posts by semich
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:50 AM
Romania, TM, Timisoara
Joined Mar 2008
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by semich View Post
Discussed with DJI today and they say that 5.16 should be reliable even after what I have mentioned. They do mention that some people might have different versions of ESC's and that could cause the melody not to be in sync, and if the hexa is unstable, it shouldn't be because of the FW... I don't totally agree with that since people who confirmed this doesn't complain anymore while coming back to 5.14. But this is just FYI.

I'm related to programming, debugging software etc.. and in my point of view, I don't understand why adding new features like they do those new FW could cause issues, as they are probably adding new code and not modifying something that already work, of course change can bring regressions, but... we don't know what is being change...
Well see and here is the problem. I have no issues at all with the new Firmware and it works quite a lot better then 5.14. Not to mention the fact that now i have no more white flashes.

I am working as a programmer full time and i can tell you that if the circumstances are correct pretty much any program can have issues. For them it seems that the different versions of ESC, compass, MCU and IMU is affecting their code somehow...
Iceman575 is offline Find More Posts by Iceman575
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:54 AM
Joined Mar 2010
327 Posts
Possible... should we build a new table? lol
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:57 AM
Romania, TM, Timisoara
Joined Mar 2008
158 Posts
Well i am all stock. Never changed or send anything to be replaced. All ESC are V4. Old type GPS/Compass. MCU and IMU i have no idea but they work
Using Denny adapters with 15x5 XOAR. Reinforced arms (getting laminated with carbon sleeves this week )
Iceman575 is offline Find More Posts by Iceman575
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:01 AM
Joined Mar 2010
327 Posts
Mine crashed, one motor stopped and start to spin and landed hard! Sent to DJI, got everything new... so I'm stock also and latest versions also (2 weeks ago). Will test this afternoon version 5.16. with Zenmuse and OSD.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:13 AM
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined Jun 2011
101 Posts
I just read about the "out of sync" problem.
Are you guys, who have this Problem with M6 out of sync, having the V2 of the Wookong?

I just ask, because the "waiting 30 Minutes" indicates that there is something with electrical charging, like a capacitor, and as we know the resistor values of the V1 Wookong are different for some ports, including M6 as well, if I remember correctly...

I just ask before updating my S800 and F550
Button2011 is offline Find More Posts by Button2011
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:15 AM
The greatest pleasure in life.
United States, TX, Pflugerville
Joined Dec 2010
105 Posts
Has anybody upgraded to 5.16 firmware and had one of the arms (M1 in my case) have the led come on at power up (plug in the battery) and the beeps be out of sync or echoing?

I went beck to 5.14 firmware and the echoing goes away but the light still comes on no matter where I move the arm . i.e. M3 or M5.

Digitally,
Mac
Mac176 is offline Find More Posts by Mac176
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:31 AM
Joined Aug 2012
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Button2011 View Post
I just read about the "out of sync" problem.
Are you guys, who have this Problem with M6 out of sync, having the V2 of the Wookong?

I just ask, because the "waiting 30 Minutes" indicates that there is something with electrical charging, like a capacitor, and as we know the resistor values of the V1 Wookong are different for some ports, including M6 as well, if I remember correctly...

I just ask before updating my S800 and F550
i have v2 wookong, all value ports are around 1.10. If i have one port which has a different value, i think my s800 has already flipped

The issue out of sync for me happens only on 5.16, not on 5.14
jukusa is offline Find More Posts by jukusa
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:36 AM
Joined Aug 2012
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman575 View Post
So after reading about many problems with 5.16 i went out today to try it myself. My S800 has all 6 V4 from factory. Denny adapters and 15x5 XOAR props. Also square carbon silliconed under the arms.

My conclusion after about 30 min of flight.... BEST FIRMWARE so far.
No more white flashes. Well i got it once in 30 min but i was at max roll in GPS atti mode and let go suddenly. I kind of expected white flashes then. However when you let it go suddenly in GPS it brakes more smoothly. Also GPS and altitude is rock solid. Flew for 10 min only in GPS mode and no drifting at all.
Also the manual mode is much improved. Now i can actually fly it in manual mode. Before it had some very strange tendencies.
The whole copter feels more locked in. I really don't know what was changed in the firmware but for me it is a very big improvement. Not that it was bad before but now it is the best Flightcontroller i use.
I am using the gains that the manual states for the S800 without Zenmuse. I am flying with the Zen and some other gadgets. AUW 6.93 KG

So in short i am very very happy with the new firmware and so far have encountered no bugs what so ever.

PS. All the motors(esc's) are in perfect sync on powerup.
hi, want to know once you have upgraded to 5.16, you set on the default gain (autopliot) and adjust in fly or you set immediately on dji recommend gain?

Because for me, i set the 100 100 100 100 all, and i adjust in fly, is it correct?
Or should i set like 200 200 150 190 at first ?
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:37 AM
The Netherlands, NH, Kudelstaart
Joined Jul 2012
74 Posts

Cool
Taszz is online now Find More Posts by Taszz
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:45 AM
PolynÚsie franšaise, ╬les du Vent, Papeete
Joined Mar 2010
495 Posts
nice but really expensive and no servos !!!! http://www.flashrc.com/dji_innovatio...ans_servo.html
flytahiti is offline Find More Posts by flytahiti
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:48 AM
Joined Aug 2005
238 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman575 View Post
So after reading about many problems with 5.16 i went out today to try it myself. My S800 has all 6 V4 from factory. Denny adapters and 15x5 XOAR props. Also square carbon silliconed under the arms.

My conclusion after about 30 min of flight.... BEST FIRMWARE so far.
No more white flashes. Well i got it once in 30 min but i was at max roll in GPS atti mode and let go suddenly. I kind of expected white flashes then. However when you let it go suddenly in GPS it brakes more smoothly. Also GPS and altitude is rock solid. Flew for 10 min only in GPS mode and no drifting at all.
Also the manual mode is much improved. Now i can actually fly it in manual mode. Before it had some very strange tendencies.
The whole copter feels more locked in. I really don't know what was changed in the firmware but for me it is a very big improvement. Not that it was bad before but now it is the best Flightcontroller i use.
I am using the gains that the manual states for the S800 without Zenmuse. I am flying with the Zen and some other gadgets. AUW 6.93 KG

So in short i am very very happy with the new firmware and so far have encountered no bugs what so ever.

PS. All the motors(esc's) are in perfect sync on powerup.
I have to say that those 15x5 Xoars work well with my adapters. My dev. model here has more than 250 flights on it now and it's steady as a rock. and now running 5.16
dennyrowland@mac is offline Find More Posts by dennyrowland@mac
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:50 AM
Joined Aug 2012
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flytahiti View Post
nice but really expensive and no servos !!!! http://www.flashrc.com/dji_innovatio...ans_servo.html
is it a joke 627 euros?
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:52 AM
The Netherlands, NH, Kudelstaart
Joined Jul 2012
74 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flytahiti View Post
Yes verry expensive

with servo
Taszz is online now Find More Posts by Taszz