Roberto
rruiz is offline Find More Posts by rruiz
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:43 PM
Joined Aug 2005
238 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAV.Pilot View Post
I striped a few yesterday maybe thats why the new props come with new screws they know you are bound to ruin them
I'm sure they do, So you can have fun getting the old ones out.....
dennyrowland@mac is offline Find More Posts by dennyrowland@mac
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:55 PM
PolynÚsie franšaise, ╬les du Vent, Papeete
Joined Mar 2010
521 Posts
what new props are you talking about ?
flytahiti is online now Find More Posts by flytahiti
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:01 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,784 Posts
When I started building helis, it was recommended to me to get some good hex drivers. I did, not the cheap stuff, but good hardened steal drivers. I have only striped out 3 screws in the past 2 years. They are milled precisely so there is no slop and they don't shear on the shaft. Take that advice and you won't have problems. Also, if you are having problems, apply some heat from a soldering iron. It will loosen the thread lock. I have removed the props on my S800 several times without problems.
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Nov 16, 2012, 02:57 AM
Portugal, Lisbon, Cascais
Joined Mar 2010
352 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by renricker7 View Post
thanks!

how does the wookong know that the signal from mx-20 is turned off (for example) when the fail safe of the mx.20 started, wich means there will still be a certain signal.

could you please explain that?

... and would you please be so kind to tell me where you gathered this information?

thank you very much!
The RX GRxx Hott module or any other common RX, communicate with the radio and send signal to the device (servo, esc, etc.). When this communication is disturb in anyway, the RX will enter in a failsafe.

Failsafe configuration is located on the RX itself.

A controller like MC DJI also expect signals in a very short period of time/ periodically, if this one is disturb, it will also enter in a failsafe mode. Hope it help.
semich is offline Find More Posts by semich
Old Nov 16, 2012, 04:39 AM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Joined Nov 2010
1,839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAV.Pilot View Post
will do!

BTW a lot of my friends are near Glasgow, Edinburgh, Eriskay Isle, and all over the UK...
They fly for the MOD, and way into the UAV's
Cool,
yeah UK is slowing evolving in the UAV side of things,
only hope the layback system here in the UK remains the same in the future
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18493059
hexa is offline Find More Posts by hexa
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:09 AM
Joined Sep 2012
275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexa View Post
Cool,
yeah UK is slowing evolving in the UAV side of things,
only hope the layback system here in the UK remains the same in the future
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18493059
I would have been doing the fight trials of the Hermes rather the Watchkeeper you guys spend millions on, but I took a job with the Britts flying the Aerostar for the Pols.

I hope the US can get it together and allow commercial use of models under 55 pound's to operate within the AC 91.57, same as we have done for ten's of years.

Other than some basic understanding of the Airspace system and how it works, there needs no more Rulings to follow, but unfortunately we are under a Government that has this desire to control everything we see in the name of safety

This is why I do it for Hobby and not For Hire

About the S800, charging batteries now and will take it to the canyons today to play.

Tahoe I do have some real good drivers, as you mentioned though, I have been building Helis since 88, and have drivers from TSK Helis
I didn't add the heat to the screws because I was pissed and in a big ol hurry...but did manage to replace all of the screws that were in question.
UAV.Pilot is offline Find More Posts by UAV.Pilot
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:11 AM
Namibia, Khomas, Windhoek
Joined Jul 2012
187 Posts
OT! The Grandfather of where we are today? I guess no WKM at that stage. check this:
Vintage Vectrons were Tri-Copters. (5 min 13 sec)
Chilli Paste is offline Find More Posts by Chilli Paste
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:38 AM
Joined Sep 2012
275 Posts
Pretty cool, I do remember these Vectron's and I grew up in Southern California, Hobby Shack was like the Ultimate Toy store, still remember my mom taking me down to Hobby Shack to buy my first Trainer 20 Carl Goldberg Kit...man those be the days!
UAV.Pilot is offline Find More Posts by UAV.Pilot
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:06 PM
Germany, SA, Halle Saale
Joined Nov 2012
394 Posts
has anyone as well recogniced that the esc┤s at the s800 are out of sync with their melody at start??

i am not sure, if i have heard that before, but i am taking a close look to everything, after one of the motors went off in mid air and an almost total loss.

is someone in the know, if that is a serious thing or not?

is it possible to fix that, as with other esc┤s/systems?

thanks for replying!

renÚ
renricker7 is offline Find More Posts by renricker7
Last edited by renricker7; Nov 17, 2012 at 05:56 AM.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:39 PM
Portugal, Faro, LoulÚ
Joined Jun 2012
365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman575 View Post
One the first clip i don't see much. Can't really tell how bad it is vibrating.
The second one i know all to well. I had these kind of problems. Well not quite as bad but i had vibrations in the image. Probably because i use a Nex5 and that is lighter than a nex7 so the vibes are not as bad. Anyway the problem for me where the HORRIBLE stock props and the flimsy arms. I balanced the carbon props as good as possible. And it would work very well up to about 60% throttle. After that the arms would vibe like crazy. I still think the reason is that the props are to thin and weak and deform under load. that is why an empty S800 has little to no vibes. The same S800 with a Zen and camera has huge vibes.

Solution for me was the reinforce the arms. For now with square 10x10 carbon tube mounted with silicone !!! (very important). And i got the prop adapters from Denny and tried a few different props. The best by far are the XOAR 15x5 props. These are the only props that would not deform under load and if balanced properly (it is very important to balance the hub on these props) they have very very little vibration at and load.

So i short i would recomand you reinforce your arms (i will laminate them with braided carbon fiber sleeves next) and get some decent props on your S800. Also shutter on the camera is important. I usually set it to 1/80 this way i can switch of video in flight and also take some pics.

Hope it helps
Thanks..
I've reduced my gains and calibrated the zenmuse and no more vibrations.
fsimao222 is offline Find More Posts by fsimao222
Old Nov 16, 2012, 05:57 PM
Canada, AB, Lethbridge
Joined Jul 2012
22 Posts
Hi guys, just wondering if anyone is running two 6s Lipos in parallel on their S800 using Deans connectors? Just wondering if there are any commercial parallel adapters for deans? I found the Western Robotics battery buffer which looks nice but only handles up to 10volts. Anything else out there? What have you guys been using? Also, is a "battery buffer" necessary or are most of you just running a simple homemade parallel connector? Thanks guys...
AVMEDIA is offline Find More Posts by AVMEDIA
Old Nov 16, 2012, 06:11 PM
Bad Gunkie
USA, GA, Centerville
Joined Dec 2002
3,342 Posts
I'm using a Maxx products parallel connector with Deans, and it works great. GP/Electrifly make one also. No problemo. Edit, forgot to mention that there is no need for a "battery buffer".

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
badbill is offline Find More Posts by badbill
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 16, 2012, 06:19 PM
Romania, TM, Timisoara
Joined Mar 2008
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVMEDIA View Post
Hi guys, just wondering if anyone is running two 6s Lipos in parallel on their S800 using Deans connectors? Just wondering if there are any commercial parallel adapters for deans? I found the Western Robotics battery buffer which looks nice but only handles up to 10volts. Anything else out there? What have you guys been using? Also, is a "battery buffer" necessary or are most of you just running a simple homemade parallel connector? Thanks guys...
You can also make one yourself. It is very easy and it works perfectly. I use a homemade parallel deans connector on another camera drone. On the S800 i have a 6mm Bullets parallel connector. Also homemade. I actually prefer to make them myself as i trust myself more than some random worker who might have had a bad day...
Iceman575 is offline Find More Posts by Iceman575
Old Nov 17, 2012, 05:58 AM
Germany, SA, Halle Saale
Joined Nov 2012
394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by renricker7 View Post
has anyone as well recogniced that the esc┤s at the s800 are out of sync with their melody at start??

i am not sure, if i have heard that before, but i am taking a close look to everything, after one of the motors went off in mid air and an almost total loss.

is someone in the know, if that is a serious thing or not?

is it possible to fix that, as with other esc┤s/systems?

thanks for replying!

renÚ

nobody?
renricker7 is offline Find More Posts by renricker7