SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 15, 2012, 08:42 AM
Joined Sep 2012
275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hex junky View Post
A full day! that's a very long time to put together 6 arms. Each ESC has 7 solder connections and there are 8 screws. It was taking me 45 minutes (each arm) to replace the ESCs when the V4 came out, that was dismatle and rebuild.
Yeah you are right, but factor in taking your kid to privet school, having lunch with your wife, running out of solder, driving back to school to pick up said kid, making dinner....ext ext...YEP full day and all I got done were 6 arms...and Life of coarse

But now I know they are done correctly because I got myself a new welder/solder station.

Next I will look into glassing them, will do west systems epoxy with kitty hair and a loth wrap, just not really sure I want to go through all that hassle, would be WAY easier to sell and built a new machine,

I have a few arms to play with so I will experiment today.
UAV.Pilot is offline Find More Posts by UAV.Pilot
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2012, 08:46 AM
Joined Sep 2012
275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennyrowland@mac View Post
One of the things that many people find annoying about the DJI models is these screw sets that they use. I have had it in my mind to make a few kits of alternative screw sets for the whole model. The screws that come with the model are OK for their intended use which is for strapping down pc boards etc. However for structural integrity of the model itself where locktite is used, then a typical ball driver will in all probability strip out the hex. drive.
The idea of holding down a vital component such as the prop. with just two of these screws is bordering on economic stupidity IMHO.

I striped a few yesterday maybe thats why the new props come with new screws they know you are bound to ruin them
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:04 AM
Germany, SA, Halle Saale
Joined Nov 2012
394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayare View Post
Just a heads up this one is cheaper.
http://www.flytron.com/rc-shutters/2...c-shutter.html
is it possible to use them with the graupner hott-system? i am not sure about. do you know?

thanks for the reply!

rené
renricker7 is offline Find More Posts by renricker7
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:09 AM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Joined Nov 2010
1,839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAV.Pilot View Post
Yeah you are right, but factor in taking your kid to privet school, having lunch with your wife, running out of solder, driving back to school to pick up said kid, making dinner....ext ext...YEP full day and all I got done were 6 arms...and Life of coarse

But now I know they are done correctly because I got myself a new welder/solder station.

Next I will look into glassing them, will do west systems epoxy with kitty hair and a loth wrap, just not really sure I want to go through all that hassle, would be WAY easier to sell and built a new machine,

I have a few arms to play with so I will experiment today.
That idea of wrapping the arms in carbon fibre then epoxy them sounds good. I notice most of the flex is in the middle of the arms.
That method would definitely make the arms stiffer.
Keep me posted on your findings.
hexa is offline Find More Posts by hexa
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:52 AM
United States, MN, St Paul
Joined Jul 2012
17 Posts
Does any one have any extra dji 3 pin servo cables for sale?
Buzzen812 is offline Find More Posts by Buzzen812
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:30 AM
Joined Sep 2012
275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexa View Post
That idea of wrapping the arms in carbon fibre then epoxy them sounds good. I notice most of the flex is in the middle of the arms.
That method would definitely make the arms stiffer.
Keep me posted on your findings.
will do!

BTW a lot of my friends are near Glasgow, Edinburgh, Eriskay Isle, and all over the UK...
They fly for the MOD, and way into the UAV's
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:05 PM
Romania, TM, Timisoara
Joined Mar 2008
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by renricker7 View Post
is it possible to use them with the graupner hott-system? i am not sure about. do you know?

thanks for the reply!

rené
It works with any normal RC receiver. Just plug it into a free channel. (it will not work on Sum-PPM or S-Bus ports). Just normal PWM.
Iceman575 is offline Find More Posts by Iceman575
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:55 PM
Needs more bacon!
United States, WI, Milwaukee
Joined Jan 2011
1,064 Posts
Any one try these props? They look interesting...

http://www.quadrocopter.com/Smart-Dr...-CW_p_680.html
Dolby is offline Find More Posts by Dolby
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 15, 2012, 02:04 PM
AEM
Bay Area, CA
Joined Sep 2009
1,062 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Any one try these props? They look interesting...

http://www.quadrocopter.com/Smart-Dr...-CW_p_680.html
Wow! Good find. However, with a diameter of 15.7", I'm not sure they'd fit the s800 without colliding. I wonder what the pitch is, too. Regardless, they are a bit on the pricey side.
AEMontoya is online now Find More Posts by AEMontoya
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 15, 2012, 02:34 PM
Photographer in Stockholm
Joined Sep 2012
23 Posts
Anyone else tried new Fw?

http://www.dji-innovations.com/produ...g-m/downloads/
Raggarn is offline Find More Posts by Raggarn
Old Nov 15, 2012, 02:43 PM
Germany, SA, Halle Saale
Joined Nov 2012
394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman575 View Post
It works with any normal RC receiver. Just plug it into a free channel. (it will not work on Sum-PPM or S-Bus ports). Just normal PWM.
thanks a lot! i am happy to hear that, cause this was something that was really weird ... that i couldn´t start and stop in midair.

awesome!

rené
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:50 PM
Germany, SA, Halle Saale
Joined Nov 2012
394 Posts
annother question:

i would like to know something ... does the fail safe of the graupner hott system prevent the fail safe of the wookong from starting?

if that is so - how to cancel the fail safe of the graupner hott?

thanks for your reply!

rené
Old Nov 15, 2012, 05:41 PM
Portugal, Lisbon, Cascais
Joined Mar 2010
352 Posts
No it doesn t.
semich is offline Find More Posts by semich
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:34 PM
Germany, SA, Halle Saale
Joined Nov 2012
394 Posts
thanks!

how does the wookong know that the signal from mx-20 is turned off (for example) when the fail safe of the mx.20 started, wich means there will still be a certain signal.

could you please explain that?

... and would you please be so kind to tell me where you gathered this information?

thank you very much!
Old Nov 15, 2012, 08:51 PM
Joined Sep 2012
275 Posts
Im back in the air, what a total PITA!!!!, flew 2 long flights totaling close to 30 mins...nice burn in!