HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 13, 2012, 05:07 PM
Joined Dec 2011
296 Posts
I am not sure where to post this and since one of the guys suggested this update earlier in this thread I went ahead with it. Now I might have to kill myself. I finally decided to take the plunge and try to install the 5.14 FW update to my WKM. I am so freaked out right now because this is the first time that an update has failed to work. During the install my WKM (on the DJI S800) got to the point where it told me to cycle the power to the WKM (which I did as I have always done) and then I started to get an odd pattern of beeps from my motors, a failed install and have not been able to get the unit to do anything since. I tried to re-power then re-install the FW but it just continues to make this odd pattern of beeps with slightly twitching props with each beep. The FW install doesn't seem to do anything now... just an odd, bouncing green progress bar that ultimately fails on the install screen. I JUST got this thing to finally work for me after all of these months of issues and now I am stuck again and not sure what to do. Any ideas? I can't find any info on failed WKM FW installations anywhere thus far.
rancherpete is offline Find More Posts by rancherpete
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 13, 2012, 05:13 PM
Joined Oct 2012
404 Posts
APC 14x4.7 props

I can“t find close home APC props...

Please send us some links that offer APC 14x4.7 props (at USA)

Regards

Roberto
rruiz is offline Find More Posts by rruiz
Old Nov 13, 2012, 05:18 PM
Joined Dec 2011
296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman575 View Post
That sucks... A good idea would be to land in atti mode. That way you cannot start return to home even if you flip the switch...

As for the arms they should be the same. You could get the X arms and just remove the plate and put the plate from one of your O arms. The difference is how the motor is soldered to the esc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rruiz View Post
I can“t find close home APC props...

Please send us some links that offer APC 14x4.7 props (at USA)

Regards

Roberto
I get great service from Landing Products, Inc. Here is their email address: Anne Torres <apcprop@aol.com> Website: apcprops.com I buy all of my props from them. Good luck!

Now can anyone help me with my frozen WKM after this bad FW update????
rancherpete is offline Find More Posts by rancherpete
Old Nov 13, 2012, 05:19 PM
Stay airborne my friends
USA, TN, Dickson
Joined Nov 2004
998 Posts
Quote:
That sucks... A good idea would be to land in atti mode. That way you cannot start return to home even if you flip the switch...

As for the arms they should be the same. You could get the X arms and just remove the plate and put the plate from one of your O arms. The difference is how the motor is soldered to the esc.
Yeah, I actually did that a few weeks ago but I wasn't under anything. I meant to at least change the switch to another one but never did.
I was thinking the arms were probably the same. I will just change the plates then. Thanks!
rc-mike is offline Find More Posts by rc-mike
Old Nov 13, 2012, 05:33 PM
Bad Gunkie
USA, GA, Centerville
Joined Dec 2002
3,335 Posts
Quote:
LOL! Who told you that?? Return to home works fine in atti mode, I do it all the time.

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
badbill is offline Find More Posts by badbill
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 13, 2012, 05:38 PM
Stay airborne my friends
USA, TN, Dickson
Joined Nov 2004
998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbill View Post
LOL! Who told you that?? Return to home works fine in atti mode, I do it all the time.

Bill Davenport
AMA 28141
I was thinking that it did in ATTI mode as well. I will just change the darn switch and not land under things.
I just ordered the parts to fix it.
rc-mike is offline Find More Posts by rc-mike
Last edited by rc-mike; Nov 13, 2012 at 05:51 PM.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 05:59 PM
Joined Mar 2012
836 Posts
Quote:
Problem with bypassing it is that you lose the 360 degree freedom of motion. Unless you plan to take apart all of the Gimbal and solder some additional wires to all the slip rings... doable but not really an option for me

Intervalometer are useful but the problem i see while flying is that you won't see much. The camera keeps on taking pictures so you don't really get much of a live downlink. I tried something like that with the Camremote 2A for my Canon 550D and while it did work i was seeing a black screen most of the time. While the Nex is a bit faster to display the image after taking a photo than the Canon it is still an inconvenience in my opinion...
Damn you are right . I did not think of that
I guess I will just set it up like yours then. I hope DJI can eventually update the code for the stock one to respond faster and add mode switching as well.
c3d76 is offline Find More Posts by c3d76
Old Nov 13, 2012, 07:50 PM
theflyingshoes
Joined Oct 2010
42 Posts
My last work. S800+Z15+Nex7-16mm2.8

Hope you enjoy it !!
FLYING SHOES (5 min 27 sec)

Best Regards to all the crew.
velaperamo is offline Find More Posts by velaperamo
Old Nov 13, 2012, 08:20 PM
Joined Sep 2012
275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc-mike View Post
I just did something incredibly dumb. I was testing different settings on my S800 and when I went to land I backed it under the deck onto the pavement. When I sat it down I instinctively hit the switch which I normally have for throttle hold on my helicopters. Well, as you probably guessed already, I set that switch up as the "Go Home" switch. Before I could switch the switch off and flip the modes to cancel it it went up into the bottom of the deck and fell back down to the ground in a bunch of pieces. Broke 3 arms and 4 props.
I was thinking of getting some of those prop adapters and switching props anyway. I see some people using APC 14x4.7 props. Are they the slowflier props? They sure are a lot cheaper than DJI props!

Also, does anyone know of anywhere that has the "O" arms in stock in the US? UAV products seems to be out of them.

You aren't the only person so don't feel bad...I finely got a usable gopro ISO mount custom made by my friends machine shop. We were trying it out making adjustments to it and got the video smooth! I gave him the TX and said give it a try "he flys Helis awesome" ...well he flew it right into the hangar at 30' high..

3 arms 2 props 300 dollars and his Ego...

Name: hit.jpg
Views: 112
Size: 46.8 KB
Description:
UAV.Pilot is offline Find More Posts by UAV.Pilot
Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:02 PM
Joined Oct 2012
404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingbiscuit1 View Post
flyingbiscuit you have used these ones?
What can you comment about them !!

Regards

Roberto
Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:23 PM
Joined Sep 2012
275 Posts
Im liking my 2x 5800's, they seem to be perfect weight and getting some real good flight times.

Also the single 8000's work great for a light weight 13+ mins at cruising speeds...

I bought 6 more 5800 packs and 4 more 8000's, all total I have 8 x 8000's and 10 x 5800's, plus several 6+ 5000's

My project is almost finished, once its done I will be building 2 more systems!
UAV.Pilot is offline Find More Posts by UAV.Pilot
Old Nov 14, 2012, 02:36 AM
United Kingdom, England, Surrey
Joined Jan 2012
429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by velaperamo View Post
Hope you enjoy it !!

Best Regards to all the crew.
Que me gusta Jose, estaba grabando en Almeria? I feel the need to go and do some filming in Spain, all this miserable English weather and a couple of hours light a day is getting boring....
Aviator1 is offline Find More Posts by Aviator1
Old Nov 14, 2012, 03:35 AM
theflyingshoes
Joined Oct 2010
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator1 View Post
Que me gusta Jose, estaba grabando en Almeria? I feel the need to go and do some filming in Spain, all this miserable English weather and a couple of hours light a day is getting boring....
Thank you !!!
Yes, filmed in Tabernas, Almerķa.

Cheers.
velaperamo is offline Find More Posts by velaperamo
Old Nov 14, 2012, 04:23 AM
Joined Oct 2012
404 Posts
S800 Check List

I am doing my S800 checklist
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...CaU5UTFE#gid=0

Would be appreciated if someone would like to share something, I am missing or what ever. ..

Sorry for my english, it is not as good as maybe I would like !!

Regards

Roberto
Old Nov 14, 2012, 04:27 AM
Joined Feb 2008
144 Posts
@valeparamo
Great Video, Great idea!
chapeau!
MAMOARMIN is offline Find More Posts by MAMOARMIN