Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 12, 2012, 03:03 AM
Portugal, Lisbon, Cascais
Joined Mar 2010
327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
I want my 72hr battery! (yeah i know they are plugged in)
LOL and some drugs to be awake? :P
semich is offline Find More Posts by semich
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 12, 2012, 03:46 AM
Romania, TM, Timisoara
Joined Mar 2008
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
This is the point where I disagree. To fix the bug, they first had to find and confirm it. In the 72h test video they mention that at least one of the test copters would flip within 12h before the fix. And at the moment one of those copters flipped, they knew there was a problem. Why did we not get to know this information? I can pretty much guarantee that we are talking about more then "a couple of days" from when they confirmed the bug, figured out what was causing it, made a fix, tested and then lastly released with a grand PR statement.
It is true that they could have admitted the bug a lot sooner. No denying that.
However think of the reverse of this. You publicly admit you have a bug but you don't know what it is. At that moment every crash all over the world is the WKM's fault. It is much easier to blame the electronics than to admit you made a mistake. If you think about DJI as a company it makes sense that they did not confirm a bug until they knew the reason.

That being said it still sucks for us as end user to have no idea what is going on. I know how i felt every time i was airborne thinking at every twitch that this is the time it would flip... So yeah DJI could have been more open about what was going on. At least tell us they are investigating it...
Iceman575 is offline Find More Posts by Iceman575
Old Nov 12, 2012, 04:26 AM
Canada, QC, Laval
Joined Apr 2008
1,149 Posts
I wonder if DJI will issue a refund if I send it back to them.
Mine flew twice. Once by me and the other by Robert (UAV Products) when he set it up for me.

Cheers
bcollydas is online now Find More Posts by bcollydas
Old Nov 12, 2012, 06:04 AM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Joined Nov 2010
1,839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennyrowland@mac View Post
To be fair I did post that I had done a similar test with the model held down and could induce the FOD with constant mode changes in and out of GPS . That was long before they carried out their own testing. It did however point to the direction of where the problem was. And yes DJI do read this thread, I know that from the replies I get.
That's the thing.
Dji fail to take in to Acount end user feedbacks.
Gail fail, finger it's tail.
But don't worry I read this year we shall see a few new competitions poping up.

Dji sales will cut when folks start to jump ship.
hexa is offline Find More Posts by hexa
Old Nov 12, 2012, 06:13 AM
Joined Nov 2010
1,839 Posts
Next year
Old Nov 12, 2012, 06:59 AM
Joined Jul 2012
63 Posts
Hexa, is the competition from you? As we see very little in the way of positive replies from you in this thread
hex junky is offline Find More Posts by hex junky
Old Nov 12, 2012, 07:13 AM
jab
Unregistered User
Joined Aug 2007
1,055 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexa View Post
That's the thing.
Dji fail to take in to Acount end user feedbacks.
Gail fail, finger it's tail.
But don't worry I read this year we shall see a few new competitions poping up.

Dji sales will cut when folks start to jump ship.
ZeroUAV and YS-X6 is already a serious WKM contender if you ask me (I have both). Sure the setup procedure and software layout isn't as fine tuned as it could be yet. But feature wise the YS-X6 basic kit is far ahead of the WKM equivalent. And all the small things do add up. Having live data from the copter with vibration status, number of satellite locks, battery voltage etc. is very helpful. And not to mention a log file if something goes wrong.. After having gotten used to the YS-X6 and telemetry, you feel much more separated from the hardware like you are flying on blind trust with the WKM.
jab is online now Find More Posts by jab
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:01 AM
Joined Jun 2012
1 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcollydas View Post
Hi all I had a little accident today.
My 800 slid across the lawn and tipped over breaking one arm.
Any idea if parts are available for sale?
I checked the DJI site but I see nothing there.
Also my dealers site don't show any parts for the 800.

Thanks
Check this page, i ordered a full set of arms on wednesday and they arrived on friday directly from Taiwan

http://rctimer.com/index.php?gOo=goo...cat=178&gtype=
juvenalsanchez is offline Find More Posts by juvenalsanchez
Old Nov 12, 2012, 12:56 PM
Canada, QC, Laval
Joined Apr 2008
1,149 Posts
Thanks juvenalsanchez. I already got the arm replaced by Robert of UAV This happened back in July. The arms RCTimer sells I don't think they are the originals.

These are some of the mods I am trying to do. If it works I'll do the other 5.
I am replacing the original wires with bell wire.
Cheers
bcollydas is online now Find More Posts by bcollydas
Old Nov 12, 2012, 09:32 PM
Joined Apr 2012
482 Posts
New battery option for the S800
http://www.foxtechfpv.com/6s-9000mah...ery-p-741.html
flyingbiscuit1 is online now Find More Posts by flyingbiscuit1
Old Nov 12, 2012, 09:53 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
ZeroUAV and YS-X6 is already a serious WKM contender if you ask me (I have both). Sure the setup procedure and software layout isn't as fine tuned as it could be yet. But feature wise the YS-X6 basic kit is far ahead of the WKM equivalent. And all the small things do add up. Having live data from the copter with vibration status, number of satellite locks, battery voltage etc. is very helpful. And not to mention a log file if something goes wrong.. After having gotten used to the YS-X6 and telemetry, you feel much more separated from the hardware like you are flying on blind trust with the WKM.
I had the YS-X6 and sold it. I don't have enough time as it is to mess with something that is in development. I agree that DJI could offer more features at a lesser cost. I don't think that is in their business model. I am going to try the REVO board with GPS from OP. I will probably regret the decision again as I have with ArduCopter and ArduMega Boards. I am such a sucker for new tech. I still haven't found anything yet that matches DJI out of the box.
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: DJI Accessory Pin Out
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:57 PM
Joined Aug 2005
238 Posts
I expect that Walkera will come up with a game changer before too long, They have already proved that they have the know-how to make reliable stuff that goes beyond toys.
They also can manufacture at the right price. When they dive in the others will be out of business.

I am seriously thinking about putting a GoPro-3 on their V500D01 small heli. with the upcoming DJI gopro mount
dennyrowland@mac is offline Find More Posts by dennyrowland@mac
Old Nov 13, 2012, 02:09 AM
Joined Nov 2010
1,839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hex junky View Post
Hexa, is the competition from you? As we see very little in the way of positive replies from you in this thread
I like to speak the truth of the mind.

The heights by great men reached and kept
Were not attained by sudden flight,
But they, while their companions slept,
Were toiling upward in the night.

The more fire at the dragons bottom, the faster it will learn to fly.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 03:04 AM
Joined Jul 2012
63 Posts
Does this refer to your company G
hex junky is offline Find More Posts by hex junky
Old Nov 13, 2012, 04:04 AM
Joined Nov 2010
1,839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hex junky View Post