justin_ma is offline Find More Posts by justin_ma
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 18, 2012, 06:30 PM
Triple Tree Aerodrome
Charlotte, NC
Joined Feb 2002
406 Posts
Justin,

We are setting up with the DX-18 w/ the 9020 receiver also on the S800.........I would be interested in seeing your settings (Program) for the WK-M. Really do not want to make any "Initial" mistakes before we test fly. As this bird is basically setup for Futaba, we had to use change overs for the servo leads, but that should not be a problem

Someone asked earlier about the velcro on the NAZA, sorry I do not have pictures of the velcro application, we just put it on the sensor side of the module....and everything settled out with no glitches from that point on. It is my understanding that this is a COMMON problem with the NAZA.
heli001 is offline Find More Posts by heli001
Old Oct 18, 2012, 07:10 PM
Joined Oct 2012
399 Posts
Jeff (TruckBasher) and myself were talking about Futaba Tx... based on spreadsheet...

Jeff please talk about your thoughts regarding S_BUS

In all the dji videos, those guys are using a Futaba Tx and MAYBE WITH NO CRASHES...

What you think ???

Regards

Roberto
rruiz is offline Find More Posts by rruiz
Old Oct 18, 2012, 07:30 PM
Joined Apr 2012
482 Posts
I think DJI will be waking up to some bad news this morning, 2 more FOD and users frustrated beyond belief.

It strikes me DJI have now admitted there is a problem, and have given no guidance., These things are dangerous when they randomly flip. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=RqhwSX6VXf4
They should ground all s800's until this problem is fixed, but I think the liability is now with them.People will continue to fly unless we are told not too, some peoples livelihoods depend on it.

SO DJI it's time to take charge and let your customers know if we should continue flying, it's your call.
flyingbiscuit1 is online now Find More Posts by flyingbiscuit1
Old Oct 18, 2012, 07:49 PM
Joined Sep 2012
275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingbiscuit1 View Post
I think DJI will be waking up to some bad news this morning, 2 more FOD and users frustrated beyond belief.

It strikes me DJI have now admitted there is a problem, and have given no guidance., These things are dangerous when they randomly flip. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=RqhwSX6VXf4
They should ground all s800's until this problem is fixed, but I think the liability is now with them.People will continue to fly unless we are told not too, some peoples livelihoods depend on it.

SO DJI it's time to take charge and let your customers know if we should continue flying, it's your call.
+1 Reading about more FOD's really has me concerned!
UAV.Pilot is offline Find More Posts by UAV.Pilot
Old Oct 18, 2012, 08:47 PM
Joined Oct 2011
452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rruiz View Post
Jeff (TruckBasher) and myself were talking about Futaba Tx... based on spreadsheet...

Jeff please talk about your thoughts regarding S_BUS

In all the dji videos, those guys are using a Futaba Tx and MAYBE WITH NO CRASHES...

What you think ???

Regards

Roberto
Well there is one Futaba on fod but not sure on rx.just looks like there are lesser crash fod on sbus.or it could be just Futaba are minority. Looking at the trend on did it certainly looks isolated to s800 at this time.but with all this fod it will be good idea to see the state of all 6 motor/ esc as well as checking connectivity of wiring on arms and under the center plate. But I have to agree I think s800 needs to be grounded lets not weight for some one to die.the ratio might be low but risk or injury is high.just an opinion.I will fly my s800 in isolated area just to try and replicate the fod
TruckBasher is offline Find More Posts by TruckBasher
Old Oct 18, 2012, 09:07 PM
Joined Oct 2011
452 Posts
Another interesting trend is that fod seems to happen when hovering (generally).but other frame Hover also but not affected.maybe coincidence.hard to pin point, need to gather more info.if only dji would chime in share their suspicion
Old Oct 18, 2012, 09:25 PM
Joined Apr 2012
482 Posts
I think the time for user conjecture is over, everything has been discussed. DJI are the only ones who can now move discussion forward.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 09:37 PM
United States, MA, Boston
Joined Dec 2011
90 Posts
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAV.Pilot View Post
+1 Reading about more FOD's really has me concerned!
++1 After seeing that video . I can't risk my safety and others for something I knew had a major problem but kept flying it. I'm grounded for good until DJI has something that explains this.
piscaj is offline Find More Posts by piscaj
Old Oct 18, 2012, 09:53 PM
Lost in the wind
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jun 2012
205 Posts
Unless sales are down, we may not see quicker movement or response from source.

why should they move budget from shipping/production/sales when the positive trend is still there?

If sales go down, or possible larger bad publicity that would hurt revenue then I am sure the budget for marketing and logistic will get move to more post-sale efforts.

I guess you can say that looking into the current issues could also be counted as pre-sales effort if you consider all the new sales that may come of it.

I think they are just looking a the new "Wow Factor" that will keep ringing the purchase orders... like the retractable gear.. I know I am looking at that even with the issues at hand.. I am also looking at the downlink and OSD.. "Wow Factor!".. got everyone.

Volume speaks for everyone that has/could/will be purchasing this product. At the moment, sales numbers don't show there is a problem.

KS

Quote:
I think the time for user conjecture is over, everything has been discussed. DJI are the only ones who can now move discussion forward.
ksrimoungchanh is offline Find More Posts by ksrimoungchanh
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:05 PM
Joined Apr 2012
482 Posts
Perhaps but I think dji are really more responsible than that, I am certain they take this very seriously. But as I said the time for talking is over, it's time for some serious leadership from dji on this matter
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:13 PM
Lost in the wind
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jun 2012
205 Posts
my point..!! revenue effects upper managements or leadership. If there is gaining revenue, there is no issue...

I have seen this in 100% of companies.. across the board.

support dept, gets the shaft most of the time. they can call for changes, report bugs, etc.. but at the end of the day, sales numbers will drive directions of leadership.

KS

Quote:
Perhaps but I think dji are really more responsible than that, I am certain they take this very seriously. But as I said the time for talking is over, it's time for some serious leadership from dji on this matter
ksrimoungchanh is offline Find More Posts by ksrimoungchanh
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:24 PM
United States, MA, Boston
Joined Dec 2011
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksrimoungchanh View Post
my point..!! revenue effects upper managements or leadership. If there is gaining revenue, there is no issue...

I have seen this in 100% of companies.. across the board.

support dept, gets the shaft most of the time. they can call for changes, report bugs, etc.. but at the end of the day, sales numbers will drive directions of leadership.

KS

Maybe a death and a law suite would change there mind. Seems pretty irresponsible to ignore this problem based on revenue. IMO
piscaj is offline Find More Posts by piscaj
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:45 PM
Joined Oct 2011
452 Posts
I agree that revenue is a factor but I think this is not the case you have to remember they are also having lost by replacing those parts that crash. Not only its irresponsible they will also lose in the long run.

This is why hope they will jump in here but not sure it will happen. The distributors are also trying to help DJI so I hope they will chime in and let us know what they want to look for. I am willing to do test on S800 if it will mean safer rig in future. Now I am thinking of buying new Skijib lite just so my zenmuse will be safer and safer to people around me.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:54 PM
Australia, Lord Howe Island
Joined Jan 2010
904 Posts
My skyjib lite order is going in soon....
jetbootz is offline Find More Posts by jetbootz