HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 17, 2012, 08:57 PM
Netherlands
Joined May 2006
591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
If you do professional aerial photo and video work, losing 8K of equipment means nothing compared to the consequences if a FOD happens at the wrong time during a job. Do you think the client will just shrug and give you another chance later on?
If the professional relies on this one machine, then I wonder how professional this professional is?
I do agree, the damage will be extensively more than just the copter in such case.
Aaalie is online now Find More Posts by Aaalie
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 17, 2012, 09:04 PM
Joined May 2012
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by c3d76 View Post
Do you have one of those small beeping voltage alarm thingies? Maybe you could connect it in flight and set voltage alarm to same as first warning of the WKM. Just to see if WKM warning is crazy, or if voltage is really dropping that low after 2 minutes (I doubt it is...)
I do, I've been using one. The WKM warning comes on way to early. Running out of options...
Capo Creative is offline Find More Posts by Capo Creative
Old Oct 17, 2012, 09:07 PM
Joined Mar 2012
879 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaalie View Post
If the professional relies on this one machine, then I wonder how professional this professional is?
I do agree, the damage will be extensively more than just the copter in such case.
Well, I am just getting into the business and this one machine was supposed to help me start things up.
I have a heavy lift converted 550 for backup and some planes, but to a certain extent I did rely on the S800 (which has been mostly grounded) and it has really screwed me up/set me back
c3d76 is offline Find More Posts by c3d76
Old Oct 17, 2012, 10:41 PM
Joined Sep 2012
275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capo Creative View Post
I do, I've been using one. The WKM warning comes on way to early. Running out of options...
Maybe you just have a couple of bad cells...it happens
UAV.Pilot is offline Find More Posts by UAV.Pilot
Old Oct 17, 2012, 10:43 PM
Lost in the wind
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jun 2012
205 Posts
I have 2 S800 Frame, 3 F550 Frame, 4 WKM, 2 crash (1 S800, 1 F550).. but I concluded the F550 was bullet connectors?

Do I put both in or all 4 WKM? or just the s800s?

KS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rruiz View Post
In order to avoid duplication, TruckBasher PM me with your email, because I will remove the gdoc... and only let you review mine...

regards

Roberto
ksrimoungchanh is offline Find More Posts by ksrimoungchanh
Old Oct 17, 2012, 11:14 PM
Joined Oct 2011
519 Posts
You can put all of them since they are individual rigs, but if they are sharing DJI component be sure to specify it in the additional comment.

I hope DJI will chime in if they need additional fields/info to track this down. Not that we can guarantee to solve this issue sooner but if we can find the gremlins I mean the common point that would be good.

I myself havent added my S800 since I havent really flown it much but planning to put dummy weights to simulate the Z15+nex weight. Certainly not gonna put it at this time maybe after 20 flights. I have added my ADX8
TruckBasher is offline Find More Posts by TruckBasher
Old Oct 17, 2012, 11:25 PM
Joined Mar 2012
879 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckBasher View Post
You can put all of them since they are individual rigs, but if they are sharing DJI component be sure to specify it in the additional comment.

I hope DJI will chime in if they need additional fields/info to track this down. Not that we can guarantee to solve this issue sooner but if we can find the gremlins I mean the common point that would be good.

I myself havent added my S800 since I havent really flown it much but planning to put dummy weights to simulate the Z15+nex weight. Certainly not gonna put it at this time maybe after 20 flights. I have added my ADX8
One of the Crashed ones mentioned "changed gains before crash".
How about a Gain field?
c3d76 is offline Find More Posts by c3d76
Old Oct 17, 2012, 11:55 PM
Joined Feb 2012
59 Posts
How weird is this?

Anybody run into this? I nailed down my toilet bowl issue - to a direction.

After playin' and playin' I've discovered when the nose of my S800 is pointed East it will start to toilet bowl progressingly more aggresive CCW. If I point South, it holds position perfectly. Point West, perfect. Point North, perfect. Back to East, back to toilet bowl. Point any other direction, perfect. WT??? All of the above without touching the controls. Don't know what would happen at say 45 degree headings just at Cardinal headings. Also, does not matter what orientation the nose is headed when plugging in.

I know what you're gonna say... "Don't have Position Hold on when facing east". Yeah, like I need one more thing to think about when I'm aiming the heli to film something.

Anybody else seen this???

Thanks,
Greg
gsoberg is offline Find More Posts by gsoberg
Old Oct 17, 2012, 11:57 PM
Joined Jul 2008
129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoberg View Post
Anybody run into this? I nailed down my toilet bowl issue - to a direction.

After playin' and playin' I've discovered when the nose of my S800 is pointed East it will start to toilet bowl progressingly more aggresive CCW. If I point South, it holds position perfectly. Point West, perfect. Point North, perfect. Back to East, back to toilet bowl. Point any other direction, perfect. WT??? All of the above without touching the controls. Don't know what would happen at say 45 degree headings just at Cardinal headings. Also, does not matter what orientation the nose is headed when plugging in.

I know what you're gonna say... "Don't have Position Hold on when facing east". Yeah, like I need one more thing to think about when I'm aiming the heli to film something.

Anybody else seen this???

Thanks,
Greg
Do another compass cal. And make sure there is nothing ferrous near it.
blbills is offline Find More Posts by blbills
Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:12 AM
Joined Aug 2005
238 Posts
It is normal for full size aircraft to have a compass deviation based on the surrounding metal at certain points of the compass.
dennyrowland@mac is offline Find More Posts by dennyrowland@mac
Old Oct 18, 2012, 01:02 AM
Joined Oct 2011
519 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by c3d76 View Post
One of the Crashed ones mentioned "changed gains before crash".
How about a Gain field?
Good point added
TruckBasher is offline Find More Posts by TruckBasher
Old Oct 18, 2012, 02:01 AM
Joined Mar 2012
52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckBasher View Post
Good point added
Are others curious whether interference from FPV video transmitters could be a factor? Both my crashes happened while I was flying FPV using a 1.3ghz 600mw TX. Perhaps that could be a field on the spreadsheet as well?
azure is offline Find More Posts by azure
Old Oct 18, 2012, 03:05 AM
United Kingdom, England, Puriton
Joined Mar 2009
115 Posts
This is not concerning the FOD but...
I have a few multirotors which are all Dji driven and my everyday flyer the 450 which must have has 200 flights has always worked perfectly until of recent...and I sure its because ive changed my vtx from a 200mw 5.8 to a 1000mw 5.8.... They were mounted in the same posistion which is very close to my Gps. Whilst in forward flight with the 1000mw switched on the craft would just start to wander badly to either the right or the left and alot of correction was required this would happen to such an extent that it would be at about 45/50 degree of bank. Also when coming into a hover from forward speed it would try and hover but would start to toilet bowl and progressivly gets worse...
eyeball is offline Find More Posts by eyeball
Last edited by eyeball; Oct 18, 2012 at 03:28 AM.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 03:33 AM
Joined Oct 2012
20 Posts
@c3d76: After seeing the possibilities with the S800/Z15 combo, I too am waiting to get in to AP.
These S800 problems are the only thing stopping me also...

Regarding eyeball's note...has anyone considered the effects of other electronics/Tx being the cause of any problems?
I believe I've seen that a few of the FOD rigs were pretty much bare setups though..?
But could it even come down to the radio Rx being used?

My first concern when first looking at the S800 was the detachable arms. Is it a possibility that there is intermittent connection loses to the arms?
vigil is offline Find More Posts by vigil
Old Oct 18, 2012, 04:15 AM
Slovenia
Joined Feb 2011
857 Posts
Now I reinforced and wrapped arms with carbon and this vibration is gone. Maybe the arm was faulty and wasn't so stiff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flytahiti View Post
hi denny what do you think about that http://youtu.be/dKziC9w9hBw
have have the same thing during some takeoff on a non horizontal ground and my props ( graupner 14x8 ) are well balanced .
quadslo is offline Find More Posts by quadslo