SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:00 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,804 Posts
Robert,

In your opinion, will a Trex550 manage a Z15? I have one with WKH which will eventually support the Z15. What do you think?

Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAVProducts View Post
Denny Denny Denny,

We do think a like.

Time to open up the UAVProducts.com Skunkworks.

This is our ZenHeliCam with the Zenmuse. We are using PH boom (frame mounts) and Paul made us a set of Boom to Z15 adapters.

This is based on the Henseleit TDR that we modify. We have 3 in stock. The platform is for the larger Zenmuse to come. The one in the video is only a 700mm but all the others are 800mm versions. By far the smoothest heli and the most Industrial high quality design heli we have ever used. The simplicity of the design and low parts count is amazing. The head as you mentioned is great at low head speeds. Our custom battery try can take 12s 5000mah (2 lipos) or 4 for long duration (10,000mah or more).

We abandoned the VarioCam we designed and now just offer the ZenHeliCam.

We will post more once we finish a few little things. The booms still need to be trimmed down and our electronics box slightly modified to handle the can bus from the Zenmuse. The funny thing is these don't cost that much more (and sometimes less) than Multi rotors.

They are special order.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ef21fKriEVE&feature=plcp
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:33 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2003
3,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
Robert,

In your opinion, will a Trex550 manage a Z15? I have one with WKH which will eventually support the Z15. What do you think?

Ed
Hi Ed, I have a trex600 and I think if you put the Z15 mount on it, it would be pushing the heli very very hard... Although wouldn't be hard to convert it in to a bigger heli say a 700, depending on how much you want to spend or just buy a larger one, but if don't then you would need to do the following.

If the 550 uses the same dia boom as the 600, then you could put a 700 boom on as this is the same size dia as the 600. Put larger blades on, change motor, pinion and esc. And use suitable battery.

Over in the scale thread we do this all the time stretching hel's... Just for reference my 600 is in a scale body and with the weight of that, plus 3 full sized servos for retracts and extra flying battery the heli I would say is right on the limit for comfortable flying, and all that would still weigh less then a Z15 and camera.
topgearuk is offline Find More Posts by topgearuk
Last edited by topgearuk; Oct 13, 2012 at 03:54 AM.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:50 AM
Joined Aug 2005
238 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
Robert,

Ed
Ed What is your opinion of the WKH ? I have thought about it but I need to be sure before spending that much....
dennyrowland@mac is offline Find More Posts by dennyrowland@mac
Old Oct 13, 2012, 04:02 AM
Chalfont St Giles, Bucks, UK
Joined Jan 2007
3,198 Posts
@Topgearuk
Hi Dave, long time no read, here in the multirotor forum.
How's your s800 and zenmuse been performing?

Regards
Paul
Paul@SCC is offline Find More Posts by Paul@SCC
Old Oct 13, 2012, 04:21 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2003
3,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@SCC View Post
@Topgearuk
Hi Dave, long time no read, here in the multirotor forum.
How's your s800 and zenmuse been performing?

Regards
Paul
Hi Paul, yeah good thanks.

PM sent!

David
topgearuk is offline Find More Posts by topgearuk
Old Oct 13, 2012, 11:11 AM
Joined Apr 2012
483 Posts
Can some one remind me if DJI was sending OSD to those who went through the recall?, has anyone been sent one?

thanks
flyingbiscuit1 is offline Find More Posts by flyingbiscuit1
Old Oct 13, 2012, 11:28 AM
United States, MI, Goodrich
Joined Mar 2004
3,889 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennyrowland@mac View Post
Nice one
I'm still working on production molds for the carbon swinging arm mount adapter. Buggy shocks. But more or less the same layout as yours. The unit also supports the two 11 amp. maxamp batteries to add a little mass the assembly. Any idea when you might see the Zen big brother?
Been down that road. Your best bet is to hard mount camera mount and isolate gimbal.

Big brother has been around in custom forms for over a year. They we mounted on our now discontinued VarioCam we designed. They are not cheap, very expensive. That's all I really can talk about.

For a 550 I would just wait for the ZenGoPro mount coming soon.

I know the Trex is very popular etc. For us when it comes to helis Industrial High Quality (German designed) is what we prefer when that much money is in the air.
UAVProducts is offline Find More Posts by UAVProducts
Old Oct 13, 2012, 01:08 PM
Joined May 2012
56 Posts
Quote:
I am using the WKM warning, but I rely on the Spectrum telemetry to see what is going on at a glance.

When I see that RED light it needs to come down quick..
I can use third party warnings, but I would like the system to work... I concerns me that I have seemingly done everything correctly and I am still experiencing an issue.
Capo Creative is offline Find More Posts by Capo Creative
Old Oct 13, 2012, 01:19 PM
Joined Mar 2012
880 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capo Creative View Post
I can use third party warnings, but I would like the system to work... I concerns me that I have seemingly done everything correctly and I am still experiencing an issue.
Maybe this?
c3d76 is online now Find More Posts by c3d76
Old Oct 13, 2012, 01:40 PM
Joined May 2012
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by c3d76 View Post
Maybe this?
Could be, I'll report back. Thanks again!
Capo Creative is offline Find More Posts by Capo Creative
Old Oct 13, 2012, 02:19 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,804 Posts
Quote:
Ed What is your opinion of the WKH ? I have thought about it but I need to be sure before spending that much....
It depends on what you want to do with it. If it is for sport or scale flying only, then I would wait for the Naza H. It will be significantly less expensive just like the WKM vs the Naza with GPS.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:30 PM
Joined Mar 2010
122 Posts
I noticed the battery tray sags with 2x 6s 8000mah. I have to strap the velcro around the battery tray to lessen the movement. I'm going to try to make a battery tray with some rigidity. Maybe even a battery box for easier battery swapping.
TioDave is offline Find More Posts by TioDave
Old Oct 14, 2012, 02:05 AM
Namibia, Khomas, Windhoek
Joined Jul 2012
187 Posts
I just had the feared FOD !!!
hovering at 1meter above ground. I had the camera rolling.
Chilli Paste is offline Find More Posts by Chilli Paste
Old Oct 14, 2012, 02:12 AM
Joined Mar 2012
880 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilli Paste View Post
I just had the feared FOD !!!
hovering at 1meter above ground. I had the camera rolling.
Nooooooo!
Sorry to hear that
Info on your setup please? Any mods on the S800, firmware version, etc...
Hope the damage is not too bad...
c3d76 is online now Find More Posts by c3d76
Old Oct 14, 2012, 03:13 AM
Namibia, Khomas, Windhoek
Joined Jul 2012
187 Posts
I was about to post about the fantastic results I achieved with the new NEX5N camera and flew it to test setting on on the camera when this happened.

Here some info:
1. Flying in GPS Atti
2. No white flashes
3. No red flashes
4. green flashes prior to take off (home point recorded)
5. battery voltage 22.8V (Hyperion 5000 mAh)
6. Ambient temp 18 deg Celsius
7. IMU not touching sides (filed out the hole slightly bigger)
8. definitely no signal loss (was about 5 meter away from craft)
9. transmitter battery fully charged
10. Firmware 5.14a
11. Gains 180/180/120/110 100/100

While on the ground the motors were still humming and executing CSC did not stop the motors. I analyzed the wave file in my editing program and it is clear that one motor(s) definitely sped up (or went to full power).
Still assessing the damage.

Waiting for vimeo to process video. Should be up in a couple of minutes.

Damn Damn Damn!
Chilli Paste is offline Find More Posts by Chilli Paste