HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:44 PM
Joined Mar 2012
797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadslo View Post
Today I tried Dennys adapters and Graupner 14x8 props. And I have problem.
I went flying, started slowly until s800 was hovering and than added little bit of throttle. I heard strange sound from one of the props and s800 almost crashed.

So I landed and I saw that one motor starts to vibrate heavy when throttle over half. I tried other prop and it was the same. It even vibrated the same at full throttle with a prop off! And I noticed the same behaviour on one other motor.

Anyone had the same problems? What could I do?
I balanced all the props. I thought it was a faulty prop.

video of the problem:
http://youtu.be/dKziC9w9hBw
I first thought you were overproped, but you say it does it without the prop too?
Then your motors or adapters are possibly unbalanced or loose somehow...
I am still waiting for the adapters but have received the 14x8 Graupners. I hope I do not have the same problem
I wonder if it is coming from the reinforcement you installed under the arm. Maybe test without it to be sure?

By the way, do you guys think it is safe to have the arms flex upwards in a single spot like that? Seems like a lot of strain to a small area of the arm at both extremities of the reinforcement...
If I do the reinforcement I'll go the entire length like Aalie to be sure.

Here is a quick flight from yesterday, just in time before weather turned to crap.
I guess I'm "lucky", I have no vibrations and my S800 is still bone stock...

S800 foggy day (1 min 55 sec)
c3d76 is offline Find More Posts by c3d76
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:09 PM
Joined May 2012
56 Posts
I received Denny's adaptors which work fantastic so big thank you's to you! Flying the APC's and securing the arms with aluminum rods, I have no vibs and haven't seen a white light since.

Can anyone shed some light on the Voltage Settings? I'm flying two Turnigy 6C 5000mAh in parallel. I calibrated the current voltage, and set the first level of protection to 23.1 v with a loss of .1v (after testing) to bring me to 23v even. First level is set at LED warning. Then the second level of protection is set at 22.2 v. with the same loss. When I take her for a spin, we are getting the LED warning at around 4 minutes into the flight. I landed when this occurred to check the voltage, and the parallel voltage was at 13.69 v. Is anyone else experiencing this? Do I have my No Load + Loss set incorrectly? Is anyone else flying this same setup?
Capo Creative is offline Find More Posts by Capo Creative
Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:46 PM
Joined Mar 2012
797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capo Creative View Post
I received Denny's adaptors which work fantastic so big thank you's to you! Flying the APC's and securing the arms with aluminum rods, I have no vibs and haven't seen a white light since.

Can anyone shed some light on the Voltage Settings? I'm flying two Turnigy 6C 5000mAh in parallel. I calibrated the current voltage, and set the first level of protection to 23.1 v with a loss of .1v (after testing) to bring me to 23v even. First level is set at LED warning. Then the second level of protection is set at 22.2 v. with the same loss. When I take her for a spin, we are getting the LED warning at around 4 minutes into the flight. I landed when this occurred to check the voltage, and the parallel voltage was at 13.69 v. Is anyone else experiencing this? Do I have my No Load + Loss set incorrectly? Is anyone else flying this same setup?
I'm sure you mean 23.69, not 13.69
I fly 2x 5000mah 6S 25c Zippy, and this is what I have mine set at for now (see attachment). I set my timer for 12 min and have not hit second level protection yet. First level starts around 10min...
It seems that your loss is also around .60v since you get the first level warning at 23.1v and after landing/checking you are actually at 23.69v...
Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:48 PM
Joined Sep 2012
275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by c3d76 View Post
I first thought you were overproped, but you say it does it without the prop too?
Then your motors or adapters are possibly unbalanced or loose somehow...
I am still waiting for the adapters but have received the 14x8 Graupners. I hope I do not have the same problem
I wonder if it is coming from the reinforcement you installed under the arm. Maybe test without it to be sure?

By the way, do you guys think it is safe to have the arms flex upwards in a single spot like that? Seems like a lot of strain to a small area of the arm at both extremities of the reinforcement...
If I do the reinforcement I'll go the entire length like Aalie to be sure.

Here is a quick flight from yesterday, just in time before weather turned to crap.
I guess I'm "lucky", I have no vibrations and my S800 is still bone stock...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFGIjDppNO8

What gimbal are you using?
UAV.Pilot is offline Find More Posts by UAV.Pilot
Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:59 PM
Joined Mar 2012
797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAV.Pilot View Post
What gimbal are you using?
The Zenmuse + Nex-5n ^^.
My girlfriend was trying her hand at controlling the Gimbal, so it was in "H.Trace" mode the whole time (orientation locked to copter)...
I just wish the vids would not stutter so much after uploading to youtube.
Last edited by c3d76; Oct 12, 2012 at 03:07 PM.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 03:06 PM
Joined Sep 2012
275 Posts
Quote:
The Zenmuse ^^.
My girlfriend was trying her hand at controlling the Gimbal, so it was in "H.Trace" mode the whole time...
I just wish the vids would not stutter so much after uploading to youtube.
Shoot...no wonder you aren't experiencing vibes like others...that Zenmuse can be shook all around and still show clean video..

I am trying my heart out to rid my ship of vibes before I buy the Zen...its close but after trying 2x sets of props, every combo of gains, changing 6 Speed controllers "which is no easy task" and all kinds of other stuff i can think of...MY S800 VIBRATES the GOPRO gimbal ONLY IN DESCENDING" Hovering and climbing is good and smooth...but in FWD FLight and Descending my GOPRO is shaky as crap!

I will next do the rigid arm mod

Old Oct 12, 2012, 03:18 PM
Joined Mar 2012
797 Posts
Quote:
Shoot...no wonder you aren't experiencing vibes like others...that Zenmuse can be shook all around and still show clean video..

I am trying my heart out to rid my ship of vibes before I buy the Zen...its close but after trying 2x sets of props, every combo of gains, changing 6 Speed controllers "which is no easy task" and all kinds of other stuff i can think of...MY S800 VIBRATES the GOPRO gimbal ONLY IN DESCENDING" Hovering and climbing is good and smooth...but in FWD FLight and Descending my GOPRO is shaky as crap!

I will next do the rigid arm mod

Ah ok, that probably does explain why I don't see any vibes. I do get plenty of white flashes though... I'll see how things are with Denny's adapters, and if that does not help I might have to bribe Aalie into selling me some modded arms
Let us know if the arm mod fixes your problem ^^
Old Oct 12, 2012, 03:26 PM
Joined Sep 2012
275 Posts
On the Other HAND My Partner is Ordering a Cinestar Ship, I will build it as soon as we get it.

I think I will order ANOTHER NEW S800 V2+ or do I wait? I really got F ...ED by the Dealer who sold this to me!!! He knew it was a Pre-Order V1 unit and He had V2's in stock...he gave me 100 off the price and said there is no difference between this Kit and the V2...Plus he told me mine came in a real nice Case...

I bought it because I wanted a Ultra Portable Camera Ship for my Travels around the World!

W...T...Heck!!!

I really wish I would have found this thread before my purchase, I would have only bought the V-2 Kit...notice I said V2 Kit and Not another Brand...

This one didn't even come with a Battery Tray...my dealer told me it was extra...

I now have over 3.5 hours of flights on mine, Ive taken it to the limits, of Speed, Altitude, Endurance ext...
IT FLYS GOOD! It is super easy to handle, with the new speed controllers v4's the motors and controllers stay real cool, Im getting right at 16 mins of REAL WORLD flying, with 1x 30c 8000 6s, and a UK GoPro 2x Gimbal, 5.8tx w/700mah + SonyFPV Cam...
IMO that is GREAT flight Times...

If I can only get the SHAKE on descends figured out I will be STOKED...

ANY Help would be GREATLY Appreciated...

PS Can I get a Battery Tray?

Thanks
Old Oct 12, 2012, 03:28 PM
Joined Sep 2012
275 Posts
Quote:
Ah ok, that probably does explain why I don't see any vibes. I do get plenty of white flashes though... I'll see how things are with Denny's adapters, and if that does not help I might have to bribe Aalie into selling me some modded arms
Let us know if the arm mod fixes your problem ^^
Yes I will, I have carbon cloth, a ton of it, but no carbon wrap...I need to locate some and do the wrap, job...

I need to go to Canada some day and visit all of the beautiful parks and nature you guys have up there...
Old Oct 12, 2012, 03:34 PM
United States, MI, Goodrich
Joined Mar 2004
3,846 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennyrowland@mac View Post
It is a hybrid made from Henseleit 3DR, I have a custom conversion kit for it that will be available soon. 3DR's are hard to come by as Yan takes about 4 months to send you a kit. The great thing about this is the head design which I can run at only 1100 rpm with assymetric blades. Smooth as silk. It can also fly at close to 200 kph.
Heli Jive 120 Kontronics ESC and Pyro 700-52 motor plus Skookum 720 Awsome...

You need some experience to fly one of these compared to a S800. No chance to get the FOD.....
Denny Denny Denny,

We do think a like.

Time to open up the UAVProducts.com Skunkworks.

This is our ZenHeliCam with the Zenmuse. We are using PH boom (frame mounts) and Paul made us a set of Boom to Z15 adapters.

This is based on the Henseleit TDR that we modify. We have 3 in stock. The platform is for the larger Zenmuse to come. The one in the video is only a 700mm but all the others are 800mm versions. By far the smoothest heli and the most Industrial high quality design heli we have ever used. The simplicity of the design and low parts count is amazing. The head as you mentioned is great at low head speeds. Our custom battery try can take 12s 5000mah (2 lipos) or 4 for long duration (10,000mah or more).

We abandoned the VarioCam we designed and now just offer the ZenHeliCam.

We will post more once we finish a few little things. The booms still need to be trimmed down and our electronics box slightly modified to handle the can bus from the Zenmuse. The funny thing is these don't cost that much more (and sometimes less) than Multi rotors.

They are special order.

ZenHeliCam Z15 Gimbal (0 min 27 sec)
UAVProducts is offline Find More Posts by UAVProducts
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 12, 2012, 03:38 PM
United States, MI, Goodrich
Joined Mar 2004
3,846 Posts
Quote:
On the Other HAND My Partner is Ordering a Cinestar Ship, I will build it as soon as we get it.

I think I will order ANOTHER NEW S800 V2+ or do I wait? I really got F ...ED by the Dealer who sold this to me!!! He knew it was a Pre-Order V1 unit and He had V2's in stock...he gave me 100 off the price and said there is no difference between this Kit and the V2...Plus he told me mine came in a real nice Case...

I bought it because I wanted a Ultra Portable Camera Ship for my Travels around the World!

W...T...Heck!!!

I really wish I would have found this thread before my purchase, I would have only bought the V-2 Kit...notice I said V2 Kit and Not another Brand...

This one didn't even come with a Battery Tray...my dealer told me it was extra...

I now have over 3.5 hours of flights on mine, Ive taken it to the limits, of Speed, Altitude, Endurance ext...
IT FLYS GOOD! It is super easy to handle, with the new speed controllers v4's the motors and controllers stay real cool, Im getting right at 16 mins of REAL WORLD flying, with 1x 30c 8000 6s, and a UK GoPro 2x Gimbal, 5.8tx w/700mah + SonyFPV Cam...
IMO that is GREAT flight Times...

If I can only get the SHAKE on descends figured out I will be STOKED...

ANY Help would be GREATLY Appreciated...

PS Can I get a Battery Tray?

Thanks
Darcy,

I will email you. I have a battery tray for you and some other ideas. Just had LASIK so I have been tied up but I can see crystal clear.
UAVProducts is offline Find More Posts by UAVProducts
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 12, 2012, 03:42 PM
Joined Sep 2012
275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAVProducts View Post
Darcy,

I will email you. I have a battery tray for you and some other ideas. Just had LASIK so I have been tied up but I can see crystal clear.

Robert glad your surgery went well!!! I need to go under the knife and do the very same thing...Prescriptions are a pain in the but.

I flew 6 flight today each time adjusting and such...Im just getting a ton of Vibrations in my descents...

Thanks
Old Oct 12, 2012, 03:48 PM
Joined Mar 2012
797 Posts
Quote:
Robert glad your surgery went well!!! I need to go under the knife and do the very same thing...Prescriptions are a pain in the but.

I flew 6 flight today each time adjusting and such...Im just getting a ton of Vibrations in my descents...

Thanks
I wonder if setting the idle speed higher in WKM "motor mixer" menu would change anything.
I had pulsing of the motors on 5.14a in hard climbs, and changing idle speed fixed it for some reason. Just a thought...
Old Oct 12, 2012, 03:50 PM
Joined Sep 2012
275 Posts
Quote:
I wonder if setting the idle speed higher in WKM "motor mixer" menu would change anything.
I had pulsing of the motors on 5.14a in hard climbs, and changing idle speed fixed it for some reason. Just a thought...
Its worth a try, right now its in the middle...

I'll give her a shot...

Rounding up the supplies for the rigid arm mods now...
Old Oct 12, 2012, 04:06 PM
PolynÚsie franšaise, ╬les du Vent, Papeete
Joined Mar 2010
500 Posts
i have now 14*8 and hardened arms no vibration run really smooth but still many white flashes especially in backward fly so i think white flashes have nothing to do with vibration. it should be a IMU or Firmware issue.
flytahiti is offline Find More Posts by flytahiti