HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 09, 2012, 06:49 AM
Nederland, Limburg, Heerlen
Joined Jun 2010
55 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TioDave View Post
Is there a reverse thread for the pushers?
no all have same thread.
but it comes also ith a self lucking nut
Digitech is offline Find More Posts by Digitech
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2012, 07:38 AM
Joined Oct 2012
399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfDays View Post
@flytahiti If you drill a few mm with 4mm on the backside it will fit.

I do agree with digitech,that the gap on the top-centerplace can be a major problem, I tried to explain this already, but I was not successful. However you mount the IMU on the bottom centerplate, you have to ensure, that the top centerplate is not touching the IMU during flight. (I solved this by putting glue all around the gap.

best regards

Feridnand
Ferdinand do you have a picture of this? Is it silicon glue?
Regards

Roberto
rruiz is offline Find More Posts by rruiz
Old Oct 09, 2012, 09:15 AM
AEM
Bay Area, CA
Joined Sep 2009
963 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorisSA View Post
Japp thats the free treat for the ESC maneuver. I am using normal f 2.4ghz Fasst

Boris
How did you go about obtaining the "free treat"? Did you have to pester DJI? Did you have to ask your dealer? Or, did DJI surprise you with it in the mail?
AEMontoya is offline Find More Posts by AEMontoya
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DJI Phantom on 4s with WKM
Old Oct 09, 2012, 09:19 AM
AEM
Bay Area, CA
Joined Sep 2009
963 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flytahiti View Post
i received them but it doesn't fit . measurements are same but the motor shaft doesn't fit inside the adapter.
How about just cutting the motor shaft shorter with a dremel cut-off wheel?
AEMontoya is offline Find More Posts by AEMontoya
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DJI Phantom on 4s with WKM
Old Oct 09, 2012, 09:42 AM
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined May 2011
822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEMontoya View Post
How did you go about obtaining the "free treat"? Did you have to pester DJI? Did you have to ask your dealer? Or, did DJI surprise you with it in the mail?
No pestering maybe semi No the OSD are sent out for free to the Customers that had to exchange the ESCs ! I guess sooner or later all customers effected back than will get them either direct or over there dealers ! I just lucked out getting them it early since i had two MC for maintenance with DJI.
BorisSA is offline Find More Posts by BorisSA
Old Oct 09, 2012, 10:33 AM
Joined Aug 2005
238 Posts
Today I had a nice job come in to shoot a new commercial for SHARK soft drinks with a crazy Geek pop star and about twenty street runners. Not our usual sunny weather here in Cyprus and quite windy. The S800 performed brilliantly all day. I cant ask for more.....
dennyrowland@mac is offline Find More Posts by dennyrowland@mac
Old Oct 09, 2012, 11:01 AM
Joined Dec 2011
296 Posts
S800 arm reinforcement with CF tubing

I was finally able to test my reinforced arms on the S800. What a huge difference this makes and with an added weight of only 4 oz. I forget who it was that originally posted this idea but it sure was a good one. I cut 6 pieces of 16MM CF tubing at a length of 7.75 inches. The tubing I used was actually 1.5MM wall thickness because that is what I had available but you could use the more typical 1MM wall thickness and have the same results, I'm sure, but at less weight. This length will take the tubes from where they attach to the hub all of the way out to just past that little tab that hangs down before the LED under the S800 arm. I used my Dremel to cut a 1/2 inch slot for that tab to fit into. This is important because when you include the tab you help to provide a little bit of lateral support for the tube when you are positioning it with wet silicone (helps to hold it in place). I ran a perfect bead of regular clear silicone along the entire length of the tube (including the slot itself) and then carefully pressed the CF tube up under the S800 arm. I held it in place until the silicone hardened by applying only black tape to support CF tube. If you try to hold it in place with wire ties you will disturb the position so you just have to be patient and hold it in place over night with the tape. The next day you can remove the tape and place three black zip ties evenly spaced. The arms are so much more stable like this! My video is many times better than before and the craft hovers without even the slightest twitching as it did before. This is a very worthwhile fix for these otherwise flimsy S800 arms. I believe the silicone is a very critical part of this equation in minimizing the flex. I tried one arm without the silicone and it was hardly worth doing. This solved a lot of problems for me. However, as carefully as I have tried to balance these DJI CF props I still believe that they are creating a little vibration. I am eager to try the adapters and perhaps the APCs or ???
rancherpete is offline Find More Posts by rancherpete
Last edited by rancherpete; Jul 31, 2013 at 07:03 PM.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 11:13 AM
Austria, Niederösterr., Eggenburg
Joined Jan 2010
1,388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rruiz View Post
Ferdinand do you have a picture of this? Is it silicon glue?
Regards

Roberto

I use Pattex, but just any glue that is removable and "thick" will do the job.

best regards

Ferdinand
EndOfDays is offline Find More Posts by EndOfDays
Old Oct 09, 2012, 11:59 AM
Joined Sep 2012
275 Posts
I received my s800 back from DJI in TX.

It came back with the IMU touching the top plate, the same way I had it mounted but with their double sided sticky tape.

My broken arm was still broken?

So I soldered a New v4 Ecu I got from Robert UAV Products on the New Arm I bought from him, balanced my 6 New Props and put it all together.

I flew it for about 6 mins yesterday in all modes, it did fly good.

My only gripe now is the fact of replacing all of these speed controllers, getting a perfect solder is critical and im not sure if I personally am up for the challenge. However I did one arm already and it seems like a decent job.
Can anyone tell me the correct temperature for the iron and proper solder to use? Any advise? I have welded and soldered countless wires, splices, but not too many speed controller boards...I have legitimate concerns for this Modification, I do not want a cold weld and it crash my gimbal/camera or hurt anyone for that matter!

So far im not too happy with this S800 venture, I think for the amount of money I shelled out, I should not be having to replace these speed controllers and the thought of the clear coated wires in the arms rubbing against each other and arcing, makes me cringe

Once again I am pretty down about this investment, looking for an alternative unless I can get some assistance in replacing these speed controllers. If I wanted to solder speed controllers I would have bought a Cinestar or the like. I bought an ARF for the quick setup, not to be welding major components and when something does go wrong I am to blame.
UAV.Pilot is offline Find More Posts by UAV.Pilot
Old Oct 09, 2012, 12:06 PM
United States, MI, Goodrich
Joined Mar 2004
3,845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAV.Pilot View Post
I received my s800 back from DJI in TX.

It came back with the IMU touching the top plate, the same way I had it mounted but with their double sided sticky tape.

My broken arm was still broken?

So I soldered a New v4 Ecu I got from Robert UAV Products on the New Arm I bought from him, balanced my 6 New Props and put it all together.

I flew it for about 6 mins yesterday in all modes, it did fly good.

My only gripe now is the fact of replacing all of these speed controllers, getting a perfect solder is critical and im not sure if I personally am up for the challenge. However I did one arm already and it seems like a decent job.
Can anyone tell me the correct temperature for the iron and proper solder to use? Any advise? I have welded and soldered countless wires, splices, but not too many speed controller boards...I have legitimate concerns for this Modification, I do not want a cold weld and it crash my gimbal/camera or hurt anyone for that matter!

So far im not too happy with this S800 venture, I think for the amount of money I shelled out, I should not be having to replace these speed controllers and the thought of the clear coated wires in the arms rubbing against each other and arcing, makes me cringe

Once again I am pretty down about this investment, looking for an alternative unless I can get some assistance in replacing these speed controllers. If I wanted to solder speed controllers I would have bought a Cinestar or the like. I bought an ARF for the quick setup, not to be welding major components and when something does go wrong I am to blame.
DJI in TX should have replaced the esc's for you.
If you don't want to do it let me know and i will have you send it back to them to do.
Sorry, I tried everything I can to help out.
Your vendor that you bought that from should have NOT sold a V1 to you. That is really poor customer service and the main fact you are having these issue.
You know how to get a hold of me if needed.
UAVProducts is offline Find More Posts by UAVProducts
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 09, 2012, 12:13 PM
Joined Dec 2011
296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAVProducts View Post
DJI in TX should have replaced the esc's for you.
If you don't want to do it let me know and i will have you send it back to them to do.
Sorry, I tried everything I can to help out.
Your vendor that you bought that from should have NOT sold a V1 to you. That is really poor customer service and the main fact you are having these issue.
You know how to get a hold of me if needed.
Robert is right. I sent my S800 arms to Colin in Texas a couple of months ago and he replaced the ESCs and did the whole fix with a fast return. He also upgraded my Wookong MC to the newer one at no cost so that was taken care of too. My S800 flies very well now.
rancherpete is offline Find More Posts by rancherpete
Old Oct 09, 2012, 12:49 PM
Joined Jun 2011
188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennyrowland@mac View Post
Today I had a nice job come in to shoot a new commercial for SHARK soft drinks with a crazy Geek pop star and about twenty street runners. Not our usual sunny weather here in Cyprus and quite windy. The S800 performed brilliantly all day. I cant ask for more.....
Hi. Are my adaptors sent? You are not responding to my mails.... Payment sent on the 27.

Pål
pal72 is offline Find More Posts by pal72
Old Oct 09, 2012, 01:27 PM
Joined May 2012
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pal72 View Post
Hi. Are my adaptors sent? You are not responding to my mails.... Payment sent on the 27.

Pål
Same here!
Capo Creative is offline Find More Posts by Capo Creative
Old Oct 09, 2012, 02:37 PM
Joined Dec 2004
21 Posts
Like a kid waiting for Christmas... have an S800/Zenmuse on order. "Holy lots to learn Batman"... coming from a Trex 700E this thread is a big help. Thanks for all the great posts.

Tim
c130pilot is offline Find More Posts by c130pilot
Old Oct 09, 2012, 02:38 PM
Needs more bacon!
United States, WI, Milwaukee
Joined Jan 2011
1,047 Posts
I received my prop adapters last week, I put on the APC 14x4.7 props and it does reduce vibration however my flight time is also reduced by about 4min. Has any one tried the Graupner props? How are they for flight time?

I'm finding the APC's aren't as stable in the wind as the stock s800 ones. I've had a lot of gusty wind days here. Maybe I just need to spend more time tuning with the APC's on though. That 4min less flight time really made me revert back, thats a lot of lost time.

Also the included screw heads stick up just a tad, used some different screws.
Dolby is online now Find More Posts by Dolby
RCG Plus Member