HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 08, 2012, 07:03 AM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,041 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plingboot View Post
slightly off current subjects, but could anyone advise on a suitable solution for mounting an AV130 to an S800.

my purchasing power is limiting me to just the S800 initially and then a zenmuse at a later date, so i plan to use the AV130 i already have as a stop gapů
This adapter plate works great.

http://www.multirotorsolutions.com/d...-carbon-fiber/
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2012, 07:24 AM
Joined Oct 2011
441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAVProducts View Post
Denny, you are huge help to the S800 and its customers. I personally appreciate everything you have done. Yes, I'll do the best I can to help you on your next purchase.
Can't wait for the adapters so I can try many different props also. 14" graupners will be here today it looks like.

Waiting for the custom drilled Xoars to arrive in a week or so.

Here is a sneak peak.
Thanks AEM for the help.

Okay, I have to get to work and get orders out. Monday's are busy.
Looking forward for results of this, I might get an order or this as well to try...

by the way any news on the custom case you mentioned for s800+z15?
TruckBasher is offline Find More Posts by TruckBasher
Old Oct 08, 2012, 07:48 AM
United States, MA, Boston
Joined Dec 2011
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid3ways View Post
Keep an eye on the plastic clamps, they will break after awhile. I have the heavy duty battery tray this company makes and it uses the same plastic c clamps. Luckily for me I found them at ACE Hardware . I wouldn't even try using these clamps in cold weather, since they broke during the summer.

I'm sure some of you have found an aluminum clamp that fits, could someone direct me to some?

Thanks
piscaj is offline Find More Posts by piscaj
Old Oct 08, 2012, 08:05 AM
United States, MI, Goodrich
Joined Mar 2004
3,845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckBasher View Post
Looking forward for results of this, I might get an order or this as well to try...

by the way any news on the custom case you mentioned for s800+z15?
I really need to get around and get some pics of them.

We also have to get to the foam cutting place to get the landing gear with Z15 cut out. I would do it personally but I just don't have time. Soon.
UAVProducts is offline Find More Posts by UAVProducts
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 08, 2012, 09:26 AM
Denmark, Region Zealand, Jyderup
Joined Jun 2010
395 Posts
Any news on the OSD
Spyde is offline Find More Posts by Spyde
Old Oct 08, 2012, 11:00 AM
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined May 2011
822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyde View Post
Any news on the OSD
in what way ? when available or if one of us tested it already ?

I was lucky and already have one.

DJI OSD test S800, workaround for 6- 16v ImmersionRC VTX (0 min 22 sec)

Boris
BorisSA is offline Find More Posts by BorisSA
Old Oct 08, 2012, 11:44 AM
United States, MA, Boston
Joined Dec 2011
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorisSA View Post
in what way ? when available or if one of us tested it already ?

I was lucky and already have one.

https://vimeo.com/50778672

Boris
Was this free for being an ESC victim?

What RF Uplink(Tx) are you using?

Thanks
piscaj is offline Find More Posts by piscaj
Old Oct 08, 2012, 12:00 PM
Wings that Swing
United States, NC
Joined Jan 2012
59 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1ik View Post
Nobody knows what the other motors will do when one comes to a complete stop. It all depends on how WKM is programmed. My point is that WKM is widely used on many different multirotors but only s800 fall from the sky at such rate. That suggests that the problem is in the frame or motors or ESCs. Motors and ESCs have been around for dozens of years already, but the detachable arms is the something really revolutionary. I have feelings the the bug is there even though it looks very well engineered.
I had a #6 ESC / Motor failure last week (See video a few posts back) The #6 Prop froze in mid-flight. Maybe not a classic FOD, but I quickly caught it, and with full left cyclic was able to get it back to the ground in one piece BTW: I am on FW 5.08

Upon trying to restart (CSC) the motors, smoke pored from the #6 ESC / Motor. The Arm was toast...
iheli22 is offline Find More Posts by iheli22
Old Oct 08, 2012, 12:08 PM
United States, MI, Goodrich
Joined Mar 2004
3,845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennyrowland@mac View Post
Thanks Robert
I have only run the Graupners and the APC and I liked them both. Others are saying that the Xoars are even better. Just be careful not to use too much pitch angle at the tips. 14" dia will probably be the best for stability in strong winds.
Hmmm....that is a good point. So you think I should change the Xoar order to 14" instead?
UAVProducts is offline Find More Posts by UAVProducts
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 08, 2012, 12:12 PM
Joined Mar 2012
785 Posts
Quote:
Well guys a lot of feedback from around the world since using the adapters and nobody has yet to report a FOD. so I guess we are on the right track.
Got loads of alum. 6 to 8mm inserts BTW.
Sounds good!
Can't wait for mine to come in... The last batch of adapters shipped with the inserts, right?
c3d76 is offline Find More Posts by c3d76
Old Oct 08, 2012, 12:22 PM
Joined Mar 2012
785 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by c3d76 View Post
Thanks Bob,
I'm just worried that if I FOD and don't have the exact same tape as the original, DJI might blame it on "user error".
I have just emailed this link to DJI, and hopefully they can tell me which one it is:
http://www.uline.ca/Grp_239/3M-Doubl...ign=3M%20Tapes
Maybe the "3M 442KW" ?
Well, this is the reply from DJI concerning the tape...

My message:

"Hi,

I have an S800/Z15 with WKM, and I have run out of double sided tape for the WKM IMU. Kindly let me know which one of these is the right tape so I can order: http://www.uline.ca/Grp_239/3M-Doubl...ign=3M%20Tapes

Thanks"

DJI Reply:

"Hi, Cedric,

Good day!
Actually any double sided tape that can fasten it will do. No need extra vibration-resistance.

Thanks!

BR//Bruce"
c3d76 is offline Find More Posts by c3d76
Old Oct 08, 2012, 12:44 PM
Joined Oct 2012
399 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Robert
I have only run the Graupners and the APC and I liked them both. Others are saying that the Xoars are even better. Just be careful not to use too much pitch angle at the tips. 14" dia will probably be the best for stability in strong winds.
So Denny we could say that you have found a real solution to the concerns... were can you post or let us know a summary of your findings and a way to resolve them... PLEASE HELP US !!!

Regards
rruiz is offline Find More Posts by rruiz
Old Oct 08, 2012, 01:01 PM
Joined Aug 2005
238 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by c3d76 View Post
Sounds good!
Can't wait for mine to come in... The last batch of adapters shipped with the inserts, right?
Right.
dennyrowland@mac is offline Find More Posts by dennyrowland@mac
Old Oct 08, 2012, 01:05 PM
Joined Aug 2005
238 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAVProducts View Post
Hmmm....that is a good point. So you think I should change the Xoar order to 14" instead?
I'm hearing that 15" is good but that doesn't fit my theory so I am staying with 14's
Old Oct 08, 2012, 01:08 PM
Joined Aug 2005
238 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rruiz View Post
So Denny we could say that you have found a real solution to the concerns... were can you post or let us know a summary of your findings and a way to resolve them... PLEASE HELP US !!!

Regards
Lets be clear on this. Not all S800 have a problem. of the guys who are using my adapters with different props they have not seen any FOD since. As far as I know.
I have temporarily exhausted the entire stock of 3mmx8mm cap screws in Cyprus, But Robert has some sets on the shelf.