Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 26, 2012, 12:12 PM
United States, VT, Bristol
Joined Sep 2010
115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaalie View Post
I'll preprag the cloth with 4 grams resin. Then put it over the (light sanded) arm, put a piece of heat shrink over it en shrink the total. During the hardening I'll rotate the arms so the resin (and carbon cloth) is forced to the heat shrink wrap by the centrifugal force. When the resin is hardened, I'll cut away the heat shrink, leaving a slightly glossy surface (7 grams cloth, 4 grams resin and the surface of the heat shrink).

Thats the idea, hoping it will work like that (otherwise I'll have another failure project ).

@ Ferdinand:
Carbon cloth, we use. I feel, great result... we have.

May the Zen be with you.
Sounds like a really good technique. I bet the reinforced arms with prop adapters will be a killer combo, but then you have basically built a cinestar with removable arms.
yeehaanow is offline Find More Posts by yeehaanow
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 26, 2012, 01:27 PM
PolynÚsie franšaise, ╬les du Vent, Papeete
Joined Mar 2010
493 Posts
Quote:
I'll preprag the cloth with 4 grams resin. Then put it over the (light sanded) arm, put a piece of heat shrink over it en shrink the total. During the hardening I'll rotate the arms so the resin (and carbon cloth) is forced to the heat shrink wrap by the centrifugal force. When the resin is hardened, I'll cut away the heat shrink, leaving a slightly glossy surface (7 grams cloth, 4 grams resin and the surface of the heat shrink).

Thats the idea, hoping it will work like that (otherwise I'll have another failure project ).

@ Ferdinand:
Carbon cloth, we use. I feel, great result... we have.

May the Zen be with you.
very good idea . and look nice !
where did you find the carbon?
flytahiti is online now Find More Posts by flytahiti
Old Sep 26, 2012, 01:27 PM
Romania, TM, Timisoara
Joined Mar 2008
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeehaanow View Post
Sounds like a really good technique. I bet the reinforced arms with prop adapters will be a killer combo, but then you have basically built a cinestar with removable arms.
Which is AWESOME
Iceman575 is offline Find More Posts by Iceman575
Old Sep 26, 2012, 02:06 PM
Portugal, Faro, LoulÚ
Joined Jun 2012
359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flytahiti View Post
You have carbon Supplies here:
http://www.carbonmods.co.uk/Default.aspx
fsimao222 is offline Find More Posts by fsimao222
Old Sep 26, 2012, 02:18 PM
Netherlands
Joined May 2006
503 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flytahiti View Post
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...8#post22422773
Aaalie is offline Find More Posts by Aaalie
Old Sep 26, 2012, 03:00 PM
Canada, QC, Laval
Joined Apr 2008
1,149 Posts
Quote:
They wont ship to North America
bcollydas is offline Find More Posts by bcollydas
Old Sep 26, 2012, 11:17 PM
Joined Mar 2012
791 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by c3d76 View Post
So you haven't seen white flashes since you installed the Graupners, but you had them before with stock props?
I hadn't seen them before either.... But I don't know if they came after screwing with the firmware or the double sided tape for the IMU, or if I was just "blind/didn't notice...
Well it turns out I was blind... I checked my maiden vid and I have had white flashes (fair atti) the whole time
I will try the IMU in central position without modding arms or props and post the results. Has anyone else tried the IMU in center with a completely stock S800?
c3d76 is offline Find More Posts by c3d76
Old Sep 26, 2012, 11:55 PM
Portugal, Faro, LoulÚ
Joined Jun 2012
359 Posts
Quote:
Well it turns out I was blind... I checked my maiden vid and I have had white flashes (fair atti) the whole time
I will try the IMU in central position without modding arms or props and post the results. Has anyone else tried the IMU in center with a completely stock S800?
You have done a currect calibration after arms reinforcement?
Old Sep 26, 2012, 11:58 PM
Joined Mar 2012
791 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsimao222 View Post
You have done a currect calibration after arms reinforcement?
Hey Flavio,
No I didn't do any arm reinforcement yet, still flying it stock to see if I can get rid of white flashes without modding
So I will try IMU in center with my non-modded S800, and just wanted to know if anyone else had tried that...
Old Sep 27, 2012, 12:04 AM
Portugal, Faro, LoulÚ
Joined Jun 2012
359 Posts
Quote:
Hey Flavio,
No I didn't do any arm reinforcement yet, still flying it stock to see if I can get rid of white flashes without modding
So I will try IMU in center with my non-modded S800, and just wanted to know if anyone else had tried that...
Sorry, I dont have read your prev post. Where you bought the adaptors for graupners?
Old Sep 27, 2012, 12:13 AM
Joined Mar 2012
791 Posts
Quote:
Sorry, I dont have read your prev post. Where you bought the adaptors for graupners?
I don't have Graupners either
But maybe these are the ones? http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1301
Old Sep 27, 2012, 12:18 AM
Portugal, Faro, LoulÚ
Joined Jun 2012
359 Posts
Quote:
I don't have Graupners either
But maybe these are the ones? http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1301
Forget it. Here its 6 Am. Its time to go to bed
Old Sep 27, 2012, 12:20 AM
Joined Mar 2012
791 Posts
Quote:
Forget it. Here its 6 Am. Its time to go to bed
Haha
Old Sep 27, 2012, 01:42 AM
Joined Aug 2005
238 Posts
Hi Guys I 'd like to say thanks to the many people who have bought the adapters I was not expecting such a response but fortunately we have a good machine and am keeping up ok.
Just a quick word about the requests for 8 mm shafts. This is not possible to do because the PCD of the four 3x8mm screw counted bores is too tight around the shaft. The next batch will have our own insert set for 8mm.
dennyrowland@mac is offline Find More Posts by dennyrowland@mac
Old Sep 27, 2012, 01:51 AM
Joined Aug 2005
238 Posts
I am working on a better solution for the reinforcement of the arms. We have a product called carbon Nano tube. it is a fine powder type of substance and is about the toughest substrait known to man. I will mix this with some micro balloons and some thinned epoxy resin to form a very light yet strong filler paste to go inside the webbing of the arms.
I do believe this will make a much lighter solution. If it works well who knows I may sell some material kits.

After taping up the arm the filler can be poured in to form a smooth surface. Top and bottom.....
dennyrowland@mac is offline Find More Posts by dennyrowland@mac
Last edited by dennyrowland@mac; Sep 27, 2012 at 01:58 AM.