HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 22, 2012, 02:29 PM
United States, CA, Anaheim
Joined Dec 2011
379 Posts
Discussion
DJI Spreading Wings S1000, S800 EVO, & S800 "OWNERS THREAD"

This thread is to discuss the DJI Spreading Wings Multirotors.

Hopefully we can discuss anything related to this and its accessories including: Configuration, Gimbals, etc...

Please be respectful to all users and NO Hi-jacking/Bashing/Spamming the thread. This thread is all about the DJI Spreading Wings Multirotor and hopefully useful for these owners of this multi.

Also feel free to upload pics and videos.
shdwkeeper is offline Find More Posts by shdwkeeper
Last edited by shdwkeeper; Jan 14, 2014 at 01:15 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 22, 2012, 04:21 PM
Joined Dec 2011
379 Posts
Does anyone know how to get the FREE battery holder that is supposed to be shipping out to S-800 owners?
Old Jun 22, 2012, 04:47 PM
Joined Apr 2012
478 Posts
its in the new manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shdwkeeper View Post
Does anyone know how to get the FREE battery holder that is supposed to be shipping out to S-800 owners?
I don't know , but the new manual has it shown. So DJI when will we be seeing it?
flyingbiscuit1 is online now Find More Posts by flyingbiscuit1
Old Jun 22, 2012, 05:29 PM
Ireland, County Dublin, Dublin
Joined Jun 2011
50 Posts
Hi Guy's,
I'd like to ask about the problems some people, including myself, have been having with the braces on the S800 and the fact that for some of us they just don't appear to fit. I know it's not the end of the world and I have ordered the parts I need to mod it myself but I really can't understand why I can't get any information in relation to this.
The S800 is a great machine and I'm very happy with it, except for this one very basic and strange issue. I just presumed there had been an oversight and that DJI would immediately have a correction or answer for me when I contacted them. Unfortunately not. I was informed that I had the latest version. They didn't in any way address my question as to why they don't fit. When I asked for confirmation on this issue I received absolutely no reply from them. Not really the best way to treat someone who has given them over 4 grand.
Please note this is not DJI bashing ! Just a very disappointing aspect to what has been up until now, a very smooth process of dealing with them.
So can anyone out there shed any light on the brace not fitting issue ?
Thanks,
Eoghan
Eoghan is offline Find More Posts by Eoghan
Old Jun 22, 2012, 06:15 PM
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined May 2011
821 Posts
Eoghan show some photos of whats going on. I have the S800m fully assembles in front of me and don't have any issue with any braces.

Boris
BorisSA is offline Find More Posts by BorisSA
Old Jun 22, 2012, 06:37 PM
Ireland, County Dublin, Dublin
Joined Jun 2011
50 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorisSA View Post
Eoghan show some photos of whats going on. I have the S800m fully assembles in front of me and don't have any issue with any braces.

Boris
Hi Boris,
I'm on my iPad at the moment without access to the photos, but first thing in the morning I'll post the one's I sent to DJI.
The issue has to do with the linkage not sitting flush with the top of the fame (the photos should help explain)
The knock on effect of this is that the carbon fiber rods are placed under undue stress. In fact the stress is so much that last week I had a relatively hard landing and one of the linkages broke it's glue constraint causing the carbon rod to pop out. I had to reglue it.
Do you notice any stress on your carbon fiber rods ? Any bending ?
Thanks.
Eoghan is offline Find More Posts by Eoghan
Old Jun 22, 2012, 07:01 PM
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined May 2011
821 Posts
Just to go sure are you talking about these parts ?
Old Jun 22, 2012, 07:16 PM
Joined Dec 2011
379 Posts
I have not even put mine together yet, had it for 3 weeks. Just been out of town working. Hope I don't run into the same issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eoghan View Post
Hi Guy's,
I'd like to ask about the problems some people, including myself, have been having with the braces on the S800 and the fact that for some of us they just don't appear to fit. I know it's not the end of the world and I have ordered the parts I need to mod it myself but I really can't understand why I can't get any information in relation to this.
The S800 is a great machine and I'm very happy with it, except for this one very basic and strange issue. I just presumed there had been an oversight and that DJI would immediately have a correction or answer for me when I contacted them. Unfortunately not. I was informed that I had the latest version. They didn't in any way address my question as to why they don't fit. When I asked for confirmation on this issue I received absolutely no reply from them. Not really the best way to treat someone who has given them over 4 grand.
Please note this is not DJI bashing ! Just a very disappointing aspect to what has been up until now, a very smooth process of dealing with them.
So can anyone out there shed any light on the brace not fitting issue ?
Thanks,
Eoghan
Old Jun 22, 2012, 08:24 PM
by Alary Design
Mesa, AZ
Joined May 2002
1,813 Posts
Regarding the braces. We have used some small aluminum spacers and longer screws to space the carbon end fitting a bit out from the attach point and properly align the rods. Solved the issue easily. I'll post up a pic a bit later to show.
Photoship One is offline Find More Posts by Photoship One
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 22, 2012, 09:24 PM
Australia, New South Wales, St Leonards
Joined Aug 2009
368 Posts
I have tested my WKM with DJI F550 hex frame to a solid position hold before I move it to the S800, I am using basic 230,230,130,180 atti 170,170, I had few flights on S800, very big toilet blow on windy conditions and lot of white flashes, should I increase the gains or reduce it?
piccoloflyer is offline Find More Posts by piccoloflyer
Old Jun 23, 2012, 01:30 AM
by Alary Design
Mesa, AZ
Joined May 2002
1,813 Posts
easy solution the the landing gear strut mounting issue. Small 3mm long aluminum spacer between strut and strut mount. Use an M2.5x10 screw to secure.
Photoship One is offline Find More Posts by Photoship One
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 23, 2012, 02:02 AM
Denmark, Region Zealand, Jyderup
Joined Jun 2010
393 Posts
I just used ball links, then i can also move the legs in and out without the struts bending.
Spyde is offline Find More Posts by Spyde
Old Jun 23, 2012, 02:19 AM
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined May 2011
821 Posts
Is one of you using the Z15 in combo with the 2.4ghz data link ? Its seems to me and mentioned by two users in another forum that there are not enough can.bus ports to have both running on the same time.

With the 900 mhz link it should work since it has two can bus ports !

Can someone confirm this.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 08:00 AM
Austria, Niederösterr., Eggenburg
Joined Jan 2010
1,350 Posts
@Boris,
With the Z15 connected, all ports are in use. But if you have the data link connected, you get all the info the LED gives you also in the Groundstation (how many statelites, even much better, you see where the copter is, and where the copter is heading).

Yesterday I had maiden with the S800 and two 6S8000 Tunergy Zippies just taped on the Frame without landing legs, and I was really impressed. great stability, great efficiency (I did fly almost 30 min). There are vibes on the arms, but from my 14" Props on my quads I know that it is almost impossible to get rid of "all vibes" as used on a 8" or 10" prop. So to me this just flew great out of the box (gains were at 200/200/150/180).

Just right now I was out for the maiden with the Z15(+Sony Nex5n) and one 6S8000, really really great I got 13min flighttime. Video in preperation.

So I have been trying a lot of frames in the past, but this one... Well done!
(For my personal taste the frame is a little too convenient and could be a little more lightweight)
This is good stuff!

best regards

Ferdinand
EndOfDays is offline Find More Posts by EndOfDays
Old Jun 23, 2012, 09:57 AM
Austria, Niederösterr., Eggenburg
Joined Jan 2010
1,350 Posts
Here some pics of mine

best regards

Ferdinand
EndOfDays is offline Find More Posts by EndOfDays