Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 22, 2012, 08:57 AM
Slow Flyer
sterling, Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
1,051 Posts
Discussion
Cermark Fantasy Racer Gee Bee

Enjoyed this one aways back, rekindled with a new one as my flying now improved. It' has predictable handling, not quite the true Gee Bee lines,decent size and wheels large enough for short grass landings.

Later to finish the Great Planes, as more authentic traditional stubby pleasing looks.

Back to the Cermark, like its size, flew yesterday in stronger breezes and winds, was effected especially on turns but manageable, held back on manuvering for improved conditions.

Just this early mornings blessed with zero wind, here we go! Aileron rolled smoothly even slightly over half throttle, still cruised effectively, stalled a loop but else all behaved very well.

Now the landing, design here favors better perhaps than the true lined Gee Bee but best to have some throttle coming in, keep the nose up to avoid a hard landing, did actuallyl manage a near perfect deadstick lowering altitude for required speed, touched smoothly in nose up position keep flaring, only slight turn at end, otherwise on the money, oh my!

Found the take off easy, as speed gained just aileroned straight tho rudder would be more correct, choice on either with this one.

Used a very basic DX5 in low throw handled great. Fun ahead as now 3 uneventful flights.

Earlier old clip, newcomer caution on landing, previous Warbird flying improved for better landings for me, perhaps shows what you might expect if your early on flying one of these.

Cermark Fantasy Racer Gee Bee Maiden Windy, rough landing (2 min 8 sec)
wnppmy is online now Find More Posts by wnppmy
Last edited by wnppmy; Jun 22, 2012 at 09:03 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 23, 2012, 06:26 AM
Slow Flyer
sterling, Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
1,051 Posts
Tho the Fantasy Racer more forgiving on flight perhaps than the more scale Gee Bee, it does the typical tip stall if too low landing speed however again will deadstick nosing down for speed just keep flaring keeping nose up during touchdown. Confident now with this one be sure to have enough space on the learning curve for hard surface landings, again trimmed grass landings and take offs very possible.

Improving my trim just 6 flights, now smoothly aileron rolls only minimal down elevator at over half throttle.

For mine the COG is on the money right out of the box using 2200 Lipo in the vertical slot and snugs in perfectly.

Low pass really shows off the thick stubby wheels and unique design, nice.
Last edited by wnppmy; Jun 23, 2012 at 06:37 AM.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 06:25 AM
Slow Flyer
sterling, Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
1,051 Posts
Even the Fantasy might have some issue on landings at the start as roll over on early flight video. Needs nose up prior to touchdown avoids bounce, another note keep giving up to max elevator as it slows after landing else likely nose over on you and keep the wings level. Landing was near perfect this morning then wanted to wing dip as it slowed to a stop. It's not over till its over, keep alert.

Great in the air!
Old Jun 27, 2012, 08:21 AM
Slow Flyer
sterling, Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
1,051 Posts
Stiff breeze this morning later winds to over 25 MPH so flew early, course winds have effect but to your skill level, my case below 10 better with this newer bird, was puffing under 15 but flew rather well, even down nosed to penetrate returns easier. Ground flat and dry lately as does have larger wheels took advantage for a roomy short grass landing, it will dead stick but due to breezy conditions pulsed the throttle till touchdown, elevatored down winds prevented stalls with reasonable inputs and made a soft nearly level vertical drop in landing, actually fun. perhaps is easier to land this one with some breeze, as zero winds requires nose up and keep flaring as can nose over on you unexpectedly as my early video, just need continual up elevator, but again watch the level on wings makes it slightly challenging, now getting the feel for this neat flyer.

Performs smooth aileron rolls minimal down elevator if at all, infact rotated upright first attempts just half throttle, climbs near instantly makes for fast takeoffs .
Last edited by wnppmy; Jun 27, 2012 at 08:28 AM.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 08:42 AM
Slow Flyer
sterling, Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
1,051 Posts
Did have a misshap with the DX5 setup, likely the receiver from another dinged plane, but even the transmitter is suspect. Still using a lower level Tactic and matching receiver zero issues. I do have a computer radio but always enjoyed the simplicity of these entry ones as have more than a couple, make immediate setup.
Old Jul 09, 2012, 12:32 PM
CERMARK
Joined Apr 2004
667 Posts
@wnppmy, excellent suggestions

Peace,
Steven Chao,
CERMARK
Steven Chao is offline Find More Posts by Steven Chao
Old Jul 16, 2012, 11:26 AM
Balsa just crashes better
Bradenton, FL
Joined Nov 2004
597 Posts
love this plane- now if they would just do the yellow and black scheme it would be really awesome.

Jay
Cub Fan is offline Find More Posts by Cub Fan
Old Jun 09, 2014, 10:47 AM
Wingman
United States, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Aug 2013
215 Posts
Sorry for digging up an old thread, but this one is on topic. I spent the mornining giving my Cermark Fantasy Racer a makeover. It was used when i got it and had the usual bumps and bruises.

A can of red and a 1/2 can of black Krylon Fusion and heres the results. Don't see to many of these anymore, so i thought i would give mine a going over before the next flight. I call her the G-9 Now.

WarlordATF is offline Find More Posts by WarlordATF