SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 22, 2012, 03:50 AM
We were all noobs once
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2011
171 Posts
Question
NAZA's GPS add on. Need help! Please-

I swear I just picked up the last two GPS modules left in the entire U.S.. This add on to the NAZA is the best thing since bread & butter but aside from everything working great I've got one last thing that needs to be done & I don't feel comfortable showing off the "return to home" function until I do it... It's a procedure that I don't quite understand & has to do with flipping one of the switches on the radio multiple times & then holding the multi rotor vertically & then horizontally while turning in a counterclockwise motion until the GPS/compass calibrates itself. I don't understand this procedure & would be grateful for someone to help... P.s- the GPS units work well the way they are but in some cases the platform will make sweeping motions as it seems to be looking for it's bearings. I can only suspect that this is from not calibrating the module yet. Can anyone help? Thankyou
Genetics101 is offline Find More Posts by Genetics101
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 22, 2012, 09:54 AM
Copperopolis, CA
Joined Sep 2003
1,008 Posts
Recommend you look in the Multi Rotor Helis Forum.
jforkner is offline Find More Posts by jforkner
Old Jun 22, 2012, 10:28 AM
I do all my own crashes
United States, NH, Rochester
Joined Jan 2011
243 Posts
It sounds like you understand the procedure pretty well. From what I understand you are just calibrating the sensors to the new environment, motors, esc's and such. Flip you switch 6 ~ 8 times to get the NAZA into the calibration mode, hold it so you can see the LED turn green and turn around with the multicopter in a horizontal plane. Once the LED changes color turn the multicopter to the vertical plane and turn around again. If it takes, the LED will go back to standard amber color and if there was a problem it will blink rapidly red. So try again.

The GPS thread can be helpful if you can find information in between all the how do I program my radio questions!
Wingnut13 is offline Find More Posts by Wingnut13
Old Jun 24, 2012, 09:02 AM
We were all noobs once
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2011
171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnut13 View Post
It sounds like you understand the procedure pretty well. From what I understand you are just calibrating the sensors to the new environment, motors, esc's and such. Flip you switch 6 ~ 8 times to get the NAZA into the calibration mode, hold it so you can see the LED turn green and turn around with the multicopter in a horizontal plane. Once the LED changes color turn the multicopter to the vertical plane and turn around again. If it takes, the LED will go back to standard amber color and if there was a problem it will blink rapidly red. So try again.

The GPS thread can be helpful if you can find information in between all the how do I program my radio questions!
Sometimes we answer our own questions, thanks for the input
Genetics101 is offline Find More Posts by Genetics101
Old Jul 05, 2012, 04:18 PM
Joined Dec 2009
196 Posts
this switch flicking is just to calibrate the compass,

also, you only need to calibrate compass once.

You only need to re-calibrate if you move your stuff around on your quad,

If your setup stays the same then just do once

I tried RTH today for the first time.

scary, but worked perfectly
hazchem88 is offline Find More Posts by hazchem88