Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 22, 2012, 12:38 AM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,082 Posts
Discussion
Mounting my lipos in a Apparition-II

I have an apparition II twin. I need to mount the lipos up under the nose of the boat and I need to know the best way to do this please.

When we last ran it the COG was better with lipos mounted up under the lip of the front of the boat like shown in the pictures below. The only problem was that they where not attached to anything.

I cant really figure out the best way of securing the lipos.

I have since gotten counter rotating props and a counter rotating flexishaft. I have taken the stock motors out of it and I have two tacon 2858 2681kv motors in it. I use two 3s 4000mah zippy lipos. It has two 70a escs. For the props im running two 38mm 1.4 props.

I have not run the boat with these 38mm props yet but it should be alright with my motor and 70a esc and should give a bit more speed. We have also adjusted the height of the prop angle and should sit more in the water now.

Just need help to mount the lipos securely.

If I mount the lipos on the deck of the boat in the middle then its too tail heavy. The 3s 4000mah lipos only just slip up under the lip of the nose. They already have the female side of velcro but if i put the male onto the boat it would be to thick to fit.

Any help would be great thanks.
stalyoni is offline Find More Posts by stalyoni
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 22, 2012, 04:44 AM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,082 Posts
anyone. Im hoping to take it out in the morning
Old Jun 23, 2012, 11:19 PM
United States, FL, Titusville
Joined Dec 2011
118 Posts
I have used a little Double sided tape?
proboatronnie is offline Find More Posts by proboatronnie
Old Jun 24, 2012, 12:03 AM
Bucharest, RO
Joined May 2009
1,987 Posts
I would move the ESCs to the center, on the tray and get the batteries is the sponsons. It will give a better and lower CG, plus more room to adjust. A strip of FG or CF epoxied to the bottom, velcro on it, a couple of straps and you'll be good to go.
CornelP is offline Find More Posts by CornelP
Old Jun 24, 2012, 12:23 AM
Joined Apr 2012
280 Posts
There's no possible way that the best CG is with the batteries that far forward. If you need the batteries up there for the boat to run correctly, try adjusting the strut angle. The motors are already in the center of the hull...if anything I would think the batteries could stand to move toward the rear, not the front.
Pseudonym is offline Find More Posts by Pseudonym
Old Jun 24, 2012, 12:33 AM
high flyer
Sydney, Australia
Joined May 2008
3,082 Posts
so what angle should I have the props at and where should i mount the lipos then?
Old Jun 24, 2012, 12:33 PM
United States, MS, Brandon
Joined Jun 2011
182 Posts
we built one with two feiago 9xl motors in it but moved the motors way back toward stearn and used 4000 ma lipos in each sponson as 5000 turnegys were too big to fit in there....
ron1950 is offline Find More Posts by ron1950
Old Jun 25, 2012, 07:46 AM
Sydney, Austrailia
Joined Jun 2012
1 Posts
G'Day Stalyoni
I have an apparition twin and with 120A esc's mounted in front of each motor, I then mount the batteries in the center where the stock mounting plate is fitted and just velcro down. But move the batteries towards the front of the hatch opening. I use struts angled just higher than parallel with the bottom of the hull. Use a straight edge to gauge this, but only 1mm to 3mm up at the prop end of the strut seems good. I have seen set-ups with a single 4s,5000 battery (approx o.6kg, with motors in parallel) setup under the bulb of the hatch cover which places the C of G a fair way back, and it still goes very quick and in control. As a guide the C of G should be about 1/3 from the back. By the way, we race at Sydney / Penrith regatta center, look up MBC of NSW web page.
Regards Kruisen
Kruisen is offline Find More Posts by Kruisen