HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 31, 2012, 02:15 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlejunkie View Post
Me & my mate went out for a run today as well i was trying to practice coming off the berm without any wobbles it is all to do with throttle control like you say, i was starting to get the hang of it & with a Deegan it will be even better, we put a 12 pinion on my mates bike it goes much better but he now needs even more throttle control lol.
Cool TJ, its really hard to restrain that throttle finger when there is another bike there lol. The 12 makes the bike come to life, you could always do what I did with the bike my mate used today and turn the EPA down a little to make it easier for him. If you don't turn it too far down the speed should still be good but less punch. I had the Tenshock with the 13 pinion EPA turned down halfway and it was almost as fast as the std motor with full throttle geared with a 12tooth pinion gear. It could still pull wheelies but it was really soft. He really liked it and thought the power was adequate. The other thing you could try is the throttle curve.
Coming off the berms the throttle control is even more crucial than flat corners as your finding out because the bike goes through such weight distribution changes especially if the entry or exit of the berm is steeper. It's great fun railing them and its more about momentum and smooth light throttle and very minimal steering than anything.
chktm is offline Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by chktm; Dec 31, 2012 at 02:21 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 31, 2012, 03:16 AM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,243 Posts
That Brian has a hot temper, always losing his mind!!!
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Dec 31, 2012, 03:46 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
That Brian has a hot temper, always losing his mind!!!
His mind or his head lol .
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 31, 2012, 03:52 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,415 Posts
By the way the sort of dirt that we were running on ( nice and loose fluffy stuff ) made the std motored bike feel a little lacking to me even geared with the 12 tooth pinion. This is the sort of stuff you can use a bit more grunt up top, the 4800 motor or the Tenshock at full noise or near it would have been great. I turned it up a little to 70% at one stage and he asked me to turn it down again.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 31, 2012, 04:17 AM
Member #1
Joined Aug 2011
6,243 Posts
Can you link me to the Tenshock please Chris?

Also, do you reckon I'd be better off using a metal gear servo for the front brake???
Old Dec 31, 2012, 04:38 AM
Puerto Rico, Guayama, Guayama
Joined Jun 2006
1,455 Posts
Hey guys,

I'll keep using mine and leave it like that. Appreciate the comments.

Should I change the rear stock shock oil weight?

I'm having a lot of fun with bike. I'm going to try a 11t and 12t. I'm running my bike mostlly on the streets so the speed gain will be great. It's impressive how much attention this bike gets, specially from the grown ones, LOL. And my T-rex 600EFL Pro heli is collecting some dust now...

BTW, I followed chktm's front brakes setup and definitely works like a charm! It's great how one can tailor the brakes without having to touch the adjusters.

David
davehour is offline Find More Posts by davehour
Last edited by davehour; Dec 31, 2012 at 04:44 AM.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 05:40 AM
Joined Jun 2006
1,455 Posts
Guys,

I have another question:

I see the stock bike has steps on the rear wheel taps in order to make chain tension adjustments. Are the spacers recommended in a previous post necessary because the system doesn't work well?

David
Old Dec 31, 2012, 06:11 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehour View Post
Hey guys,

I'll keep using mine and leave it like that. Appreciate the comments.

Should I change the rear stock shock oil weight?

I'm having a lot of fun with bike. I'm going to try a 11t and 12t. I'm running my bike mostlly on the streets so the speed gain will be great. It's impressive how much attention this bike gets, specially from the grown ones, LOL. And my T-rex 600EFL Pro heli is collecting some dust now...

BTW, I followed chktm's front brakes setup and definitely works like a charm! It's great how one can tailor the brakes without having to touch the adjusters.

David
Yea a bit of use should see them bed in more. I'd start with 80wt in the rear shock and work up till it starts feeling too stiff. For bitumen you may be able to use 100wt. I'm not too sure about the std rear shock to be honest David as I use a Hot Bodies big bore in mine. It make the rear feel very similar to a real bikes and works pretty well also I think. You could even try a 13 tooth on the street if you have room to get the bike up to some speed. It is amazing how much attention these bikes get all right.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 31, 2012, 06:14 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,415 Posts
Quote:
Guys,

I have another question:

I see the stock bike has steps on the rear wheel taps in order to make chain tension adjustments. Are the spacers recommended in a previous post necessary because the system doesn't work well?

David
You got it David. The axle just pulls itself forward. The plastic strips stop the block from moving forward and works fine until you can get some chain adjusters.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 31, 2012, 07:02 AM
Joined Jun 2006
1,455 Posts
Ok, thanks again chktm. BTW, I just realized you're Chris Haertel. I thought you were different persons .

David
Old Dec 31, 2012, 07:05 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,415 Posts
Quote:

Also, do you reckon I'd be better off using a metal gear servo for the front brake???
Hey Allan, I got mine through RedStar hobbies e bay store but they had none left last I looked. Sorry Ii don't have a link. TJ may know where to find one. If you buy a servo for the brakes yes maybe get a MG one as if it has extra torque it can strip itself.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 31, 2012, 07:08 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,415 Posts
Quote:

Allan I find the std servo does the job for me. What I meant to tell you was that when my wheelie bar came off today, even though its not really heavy I could feel the difference in the handling. What I'm getting at is you may want to see if you can pare some weight off your new bar without sacrificing strength. Ideally you want a bar that is as light as you can make it.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 31, 2012, 07:10 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,415 Posts
Quote:
Ok, thanks again chktm. BTW, I just realized you're Chris Haertel. I thought you were different persons .

David
Sometimes I wish there was two of me Dave lol .
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 31, 2012, 07:11 AM
Member #1
Joined Aug 2011
6,243 Posts
Yeah cool, I'll do some dremel work on it soon.

Happy New year folks!
Old Dec 31, 2012, 07:30 AM
Member #1
Joined Aug 2011
6,243 Posts
Found two at redstar, the Venom 540 5200kv or the Tenshock 5200kv. Or am I looking for 4800kv of 540 size?