HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 27, 2012, 02:04 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,710 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
Yep, especially going the other way on another battery!!! I could hear the dents in the balsa wood being made on every pass!! LOL
lol. Better check down the carby for some roost if they are petrol haha.
chktm is online now Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More bike fun
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 27, 2012, 02:14 AM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,792 Posts
Looking good Alan. Enjoy!
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Dec 27, 2012, 02:38 AM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,901 Posts
FunCub and MM450 Aerial view! (1 min 7 sec)
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Dec 27, 2012, 02:39 AM
Member #1
Joined Aug 2011
6,901 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
lol. Better check down the carby for some roost if they are petrol haha.
Nah we only fly electrics there which is good! The video ive just posted has a little bit of my funcub in it, with my mate chasing it in his FPV quadcopter.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 04:25 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,710 Posts
Quote:
That was really cool Alan. Great fun.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 27, 2012, 07:39 PM
Puerto Rico, Guayama, Guayama
Joined Jun 2006
1,463 Posts
Guys, thanks for the help and fast replies!

Loving the bike!!
davehour is offline Find More Posts by davehour
Old Dec 27, 2012, 07:56 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,710 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehour View Post
Guys, thanks for the help and fast replies!

Loving the bike!!
No worries, great bike all right .
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 27, 2012, 08:10 PM
Puerto Rico, Guayama, Guayama
Joined Jun 2006
1,463 Posts
Hi again,

I installed the front brake kit. The brake cable length is marginal to be pinched at the servo horn. The outer tube can't be shortened as its length is what's needed to not interfere with the steering. I'll have to get a new cable. I read you're using push bike brake cables.

Regarding the VR3T 2.4 setup for the front brakes, do you use B-MIX or MIX?

I also noticed there's a switch at the top of the radio for the AUX channel. Do you setup the brakes with the switch on or off? I ask because the Tx manual doesn't mention anything about it. The brake works at both positions. The difference is the servo seems to move its center with the switch on. But if the brakes are setup with the switch at the on position, and later the witch is turned of for any reason, the servo horn with peg at the brake cable bracket.

Thanks in advance.

David
davehour is offline Find More Posts by davehour
Last edited by davehour; Dec 27, 2012 at 08:22 PM.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 08:54 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,710 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehour View Post
Hi again,

I installed the front brake kit. The brake cable length is marginal to be pinched at the servo horn. The outer tube can't be shortened as its length is what's needed to not interfere with the steering. I'll have to get a new cable. I read you're using push bike brake cables.

Regarding the VR3T 2.4 setup for the front brakes, do you use B-MIX or MIX?

I also noticed there's a switch at the top of the radio for the AUX channel. Do you setup the brakes with the switch on or off? I ask because the Tx manual doesn't mention anything about it. The brake works at both positions. The difference is the servo seems to move its center with the switch on. But if the brakes are setup with the switch at the on position, and later the witch is turned of for any reason, the servo horn with peg at the brake cable bracket.

Thanks in advance.

David
No worries David, you are correct the servo works with the switch in both positions. The info here is how I set mine up.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1784958&page=2
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 28, 2012, 05:16 AM
Member #1
Joined Aug 2011
6,901 Posts
Hi guys,

On the box of the bike it says it has a "mechanical traction control system", is this just the slipper clutch? Cause the picture is of the drive cog and chain? Is there a part there I've got confused? Only reason I ask is cause I like to know the ins and outs of how my Rc vehicles work.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 05:41 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,710 Posts
Quote:
Hi guys,

On the box of the bike it says it has a "mechanical traction control system", is this just the slipper clutch? Cause the picture is of the drive cog and chain? Is there a part there I've got confused? Only reason I ask is cause I like to know the ins and outs of how my Rc vehicles work.
Hi Alan, its referring to the changeable blocks that support the swingarm shaft. By changing the position of the swingarm you can change the amount of squat or anti squat which can change the handling of the bike. I haven't tried it on bitumen but I've heard some people use the reversed B block and have been happy. I run on slippery dirt usually and still prefer the A block to the B. I don't seem to need any more grip and I find the squatting through the corner only upsets the bike for me. The slipper works like any other slipper. Hope that helps.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 28, 2012, 05:43 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,710 Posts
Had some awesome fun destroying some berms today. Got some nice close ups. I think it looks ok.
Atomik MM450 awesome loam berm blasting (3 min 21 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 28, 2012, 07:13 AM
Member #1
Joined Aug 2011
6,901 Posts
Quote:
Hi Alan, its referring to the changeable blocks that support the swingarm shaft. By changing the position of the swingarm you can change the amount of squat or anti squat which can change the handling of the bike. I haven't tried it on bitumen but I've heard some people use the reversed B block and have been happy. I run on slippery dirt usually and still prefer the A block to the B. I don't seem to need any more grip and I find the squatting through the corner only upsets the bike for me. The slipper works like any other slipper. Hope that helps.
Ahhhh yeah, i did read that in the manual about the blocks! Mate you're a bloody fountain of knowledge!!! Cheers!

Quote:
Had some awesome fun destroying some berms today. Got some nice close ups. I think it looks ok.
http://youtu.be/jnGssz7RRSQ
That bike of yours is dialed in!!! You're running a different motor aren't you? I've just ordered a 12 and 13 tooth pinion to try and get a little more from my stock motor, I think if that's still a little tame, I'll look at getting the motor you're running.

Cheers!
Old Dec 28, 2012, 08:27 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,710 Posts
Quote:
Ahhhh yeah, i did read that in the manual about the blocks! Mate you're a bloody fountain of knowledge!!! Cheers!

That bike of yours is dialed in!!! You're running a different motor aren't you? I've just ordered a 12 and 13 tooth pinion to try and get a little more from my stock motor, I think if that's still a little tame, I'll look at getting the motor you're running.

Cheers!
No worries Alan. The bike feels pretty good. This bike has a std motor geared with a 12 in this vid. I like 12 or 13. 12 gives good speed and great punch, 13 has a little more speed and pull up high but loses a little down low. The motor still seems to pull it fine.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 28, 2012, 08:37 AM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,253 Posts
Quote:
http://youtu.be/jnGssz7RRSQ
Get rid of that giant orange road cone at the one end, and you would swear that was one of your Ozzy pro's on his practice track slamming the berms and roosting out, lol. neat stuff!
TopDave is offline Find More Posts by TopDave