HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 19, 2012, 05:32 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,833 Posts
Cheers guy's, we are having a blast with these bikes & they can take a beating, just need more practice with throttle control to be smooth coming out of a turn but it is hard when you both want to be in front lol, it cracked me up when Deegan's head flew off & also Deegan's flying headbutt into Vinnie lol, great fun.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 19, 2012, 07:06 PM
Death and Taxes
Des Moines I'm in Heaven...I mean Iowa
Joined Feb 2006
844 Posts
Just went ahead and ordered one... been a while since driving RC bikes. Got the RTR, as its the same price as the ARR right now. Looking forward to trying it out!
conceptmachining is offline Find More Posts by conceptmachining
Old Dec 19, 2012, 07:58 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptmachining View Post
Just went ahead and ordered one... been a while since driving RC bikes. Got the RTR, as its the same price as the ARR right now. Looking forward to trying it out!
Cool mate that is a bargain you will love it, they are great fun.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 08:09 PM
oshkosh,wi.
Joined Dec 2009
11 Posts
Yes these bikes are a blast and tough!I've had mine for a couple weeks now and am getting the hang of it,or at least think I am,lol
supr-glde is offline Find More Posts by supr-glde
Old Dec 19, 2012, 08:10 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,833 Posts
What is the best way to reattach Deegan's head anyone done it before, i was going to glue a couple of plastic rods in then just CA glue it all back on.
Anyone used the hop up front axle are they any good, one of my axle clamp screws are stripped it was like it when i got it & it keeps spreading apart & causing a lot of play in the front wheel.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 08:18 PM
oshkosh,wi.
Joined Dec 2009
11 Posts
The front axle is nice,it comes with shims so you can get most if not all the slop out.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 08:22 PM
oshkosh,wi.
Joined Dec 2009
11 Posts
You can put CA glue in the stripped hole and screw the bolt in,let it dry and it will make new threads,the bolt will screw back out when you need it to.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 08:32 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by supr-glde View Post
You can put CA glue in the stripped hole and screw the bolt in,let it dry and it will make new threads,the bolt will screw back out when you need it to.
Ok thanks mate i will give it a go until i can get the new axle.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 08:44 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
You can also put a stud through and a nut on the bottom.

Where is the new axel upgrade, two wheel rc?
Rellik is offline Find More Posts by Rellik
Old Dec 19, 2012, 09:35 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,737 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlejunkie View Post
Cheers guy's, we are having a blast with these bikes & they can take a beating, just need more practice with throttle control to be smooth coming out of a turn but it is hard when you both want to be in front lol, it cracked me up when Deegan's head flew off & also Deegan's flying headbutt into Vinnie lol, great fun.
Good to see you two having so much fun. I lol at your antics, especially Deegans head flying and the headbutt .
I've had a couple of Deegans lose their heads and after some twenty minute quick grip contact adhesive he's good to go and hasn't come off again. Even had two wrists go and the contact adhesive holds them together fine also. I found all four front HD axles I got need slight sanding down to fit the bearings on.
chktm is offline Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RV Track Pics
Old Dec 19, 2012, 09:58 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
Good to see you two having so much fun. I lol at your antics, especially Deegans head flying and the headbutt .
I've had a couple of Deegans lose their heads and after some twenty minute quick grip contact adhesive he's good to go and hasn't come off again. Even had two wrists go and the contact adhesive holds them together fine also. I found all four front HD axles I got need slight sanding down to fit the bearings on.
They are great fun we have a blast we say to each other every time that we are going to try & do some clean laps but for some reason we always forget once we hit the track lol, i can't beleive how good they work on the dirt that track is rougher than it looks & the little jumps are short & sharp & the bikes still handle great but i would like to try a proper track like the one you run on.
Ok so it is no biggie with the axles just a light sand to fit the bearings cool & i have some contact adhesive somewhere i will have to dig it out.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 10:08 PM
oshkosh,wi.
Joined Dec 2009
11 Posts
Two wheeled RC and atomic has the axles
Old Dec 20, 2012, 12:00 AM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,902 Posts
Vinnie says "c'mon Mike, no need to lose your head over a little spill!!"
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Dec 20, 2012, 03:52 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,737 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlejunkie View Post
They are great fun we have a blast we say to each other every time that we are going to try & do some clean laps but for some reason we always forget once we hit the track lol, i can't beleive how good they work on the dirt that track is rougher than it looks & the little jumps are short & sharp & the bikes still handle great but i would like to try a proper track like the one you run on.
Ok so it is no biggie with the axles just a light sand to fit the bearings cool & i have some contact adhesive somewhere i will have to dig it out.
Famous last words, then the red mist descends lol. It's funny my mate and I were the same when we raced, taking each other out and trying to get on the throttle earlier all in fun of course lol. My Vinnie lost his head in a clash also .
They do work pretty good on the dirt, IMO nothing comes close in handling. I can see how rough that patch is as I know how rough my track is and that looks pretty rough. The suspension looks like its handling it fairly well though, especially those short sharp hits. What about that BMX track next to where you run, that looked pretty good to have a go.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 20, 2012, 06:02 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,737 Posts
Was going through some vids I took on the weekend, this ones not bad. Bit of fun .
MM450 wheelies jumps (1 min 38 sec)
RCG Plus Member