HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 16, 2012, 01:09 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,707 Posts
Here's a few more slides and some slow speed stuff I did. Bit more fun.
ATOMIK BRIAN DEEGAN METAL MULISHA MM450 (2 min 20 sec)

ATOMIK BRIAN DEEGAN METAL MULISHA MM450 (2 min 51 sec)
chktm is offline Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More bike fun
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:21 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,817 Posts
Nice vids mate i wish my pinions would hurry up so i can put a 12t on my mates mm it looks like it goes great, does it make the 4200 less aggressive down low & give it more top speed?
We have been having great fun with the bikes but we need more lipo's we only have one each at the moment, we have had a couple of minor problems my mates bike stopped working we thought the speedo was shot but i traced the prob to the on off switch & cut it off & hard wired it for now, my bike came to stop on the track the drive train was jammed up my rubber spur cover came off without me noticing look at the pile of gravel that came out of it lol, it jammed up under the spur gear but luckily it did not wreck the gears i think i must have had the slipper just right.
I have some footage when i get time i will go through it.
I got sick of trying to keep my chain tight with those useless plastic adjusters & made my own alloy set now i can adjust from the rear
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:24 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlejunkie View Post
Nice vids mate i wish my pinions would hurry up so i can put a 12t on my mates mm it looks like it goes great, does it make the 4200 less aggressive down low & give it more top speed?
We have been having great fun with the bikes but we need more lipo's we only have one each at the moment, we have had a couple of minor problems my mates bike stopped working we thought the speedo was shot but i traced the prob to the on off switch & cut it off & hard wired it for now, my bike came to stop on the track the drive train was jammed up my rubber spur cover came off without me noticing look at the pile of gravel that came out of it lol, it jammed up under the spur gear but luckily it did not wreck the gears i think i must have had the slipper just right.
I got sick of trying to keep my chain tight with those useless plastic adjusters & made my own alloy set now i can adjust from the rear

Did you fabricate these?
Rellik is offline Find More Posts by Rellik
Old Dec 16, 2012, 08:33 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,707 Posts
Quote:
Thanks TJ, I can't wait till I get the go pro and start doing some good vids. I can't believe your pinions still haven't turned up. I can send an 11 or 12 down if you want which will help a bit. Just send them back when his turn up. 12 is ideal I found to smooth out the power down low and make the top end keep pulling nicely. You need to be fairly smooth on the throttle so 11 may suit him to start with. Maybe half glue your cover in place so that doesn't happen again. Those chain adjusters look trick TJ. Better than a certain other one I've seen as they suit that chain . Look forward to some more vid.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 16, 2012, 08:49 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,707 Posts
Quote:
I painted a front wheel up with some silver to see how it looks cause yours looks great in the vids. I haven't used it yet but looks much better than the black. I haven't done it before cause I wasn't sure it would look good but yours convinced me otherwise TJ. Don't think I'll get that keen to paint the gold though lol. Did you use a brush or spray?
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 16, 2012, 09:55 PM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
I painted a front wheel up with some silver to see how it looks cause yours looks great in the vids. I haven't used it yet but looks much better than the black. I haven't done it before cause I wasn't sure it would look good but yours convinced me otherwise TJ. Don't think I'll get that keen to paint the gold though lol. Did you use a brush or spray?
I wanted to compliment TJ on those wheels too! Makes the bike look so much more realistic and makes them look "lighter" (as in weight) too! Nice work TJ!
TopDave is offline Find More Posts by TopDave
Old Dec 16, 2012, 10:05 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,707 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDave View Post
I wanted to compliment TJ on those wheels too! Makes the bike look so much more realistic and makes them look "lighter" (as in weight) too! Nice work TJ!
They look much more realistic, and I know its good quality vid but found you can see the wheels and suspension working better. The bottom of the bike doesn't all blend together .
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 16, 2012, 10:27 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,817 Posts
Rellik i just made the adjusters from some bit's of alloy i had laying around & just with basic tools it is pretty easy.

Cheers guy's, i just brush painted it with Tamiya acrylic paint mainly just to look different, at first i thought it may be too much gold but when i got it back together it was a pretty good balance, i think it also looks good because i used all metal colors (silver gold & gunmetal) but it is also good it does not show up the dust like the black it always looks clean.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:53 AM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,790 Posts
Sweet looking adjusters TJ.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Dec 17, 2012, 08:07 AM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymc View Post
sweet looking adjusters tj.
+1+
TopDave is offline Find More Posts by TopDave
Old Dec 17, 2012, 05:38 PM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,901 Posts
It's funny how ones mind can become obsessed with something so easily, but when I think about it I can't recall where I even first saw the MM450 to give me that obsession!! I'm wracking my brain trying to remember where I saw it to want it so bad!!!
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:51 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,707 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
It's funny how ones mind can become obsessed with something so easily, but when I think about it I can't recall where I even first saw the MM450 to give me that obsession!! I'm wracking my brain trying to remember where I saw it to want it so bad!!!
Lol, yea funny thing the mind. I think I'm a little obsessed or addicted to these things haha. Great fun though . Not long now.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 19, 2012, 07:40 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,817 Posts
Watch Deegan at 4.50

MM-450 Dirt Bikes.mp4 (9 min 20 sec)
Old Dec 19, 2012, 02:03 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,790 Posts
WOW you guys are going for it now lol! I knew Vinnie was tuff but didnt know he was ruthless. Well Deegan had some nice take outs too. Privateer life must be pretty ruff for Vinnie. Awesome clips TJ, great job, and thanks at the end hehe.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Dec 19, 2012, 04:38 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,707 Posts
Haha TJ, you guys are pushing it harder now and having some great clashes. Kept me entertained thanks . Did Deegan survive his head reattachment surgery lol .
RCG Plus Member