HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 13, 2012, 03:14 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,721 Posts
chktm didnt design the bike but he should have been hired as a tester for atomik he's put so much time in the bike, probably more than a lot of us combined!
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 13, 2012, 03:36 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,516 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik View Post
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1784958

That's the guy who designed the bike.
Thanks Rellik but the credit for this brilliantly designed and performing bike has to go to the designer Chris Nicastro. I just help to refine a few odds and ends and set it up for the track.
chktm is offline Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 13, 2012, 04:23 PM
Which way is up?
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
Does anyone know how long the sale over at Atomik will last? With the 450 at $399, I hate to miss that price.
stuball56 is offline Find More Posts by stuball56
Old Dec 13, 2012, 04:38 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,516 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuball56 View Post
Does anyone know how long the sale over at Atomik will last? With the 450 at $399, I hate to miss that price.
I thought it was a week only originally but seems to have continued on. Can only hope it stays at that price. Maybe contact Atomik to enquire so as not to miss out.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 13, 2012, 09:20 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
i doubt it will go back up to $500-$600 again, $400 is a fair price for this bike i think 600 is a bit steep considering the electronics on the bike are lazy, the radio isnt the best, and even know there is a lot of us on this forum, there is a million more that arent interested or just have not fell upon the world of rc bikes yet, so i dont think the market or quality is there just yet to go back up to the $600 mark and stay there.

dont get me wrong, the amount of time money and effort that went into this bike was prob incredible, but so was all the time that goes into nitro trucks, top grade helicopters, and other rc vehicles that still are well under $600 if not half when it comes to class and quality prospective.

well like everyone always says, after talking your ear off, to make a long story short lol, i think the price of the mm450 will stay at $399 and everyone will be happy .
Rellik is offline Find More Posts by Rellik
Old Dec 13, 2012, 09:47 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,516 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik View Post
i doubt it will go back up to $500-$600 again, $400 is a fair price for this bike i think 600 is a bit steep considering the electronics on the bike are lazy, the radio isnt the best, and even know there is a lot of us on this forum, there is a million more that arent interested or just have not fell upon the world of rc bikes yet, so i dont think the market or quality is there just yet to go back up to the $600 mark and stay there.

dont get me wrong, the amount of time money and effort that went into this bike was prob incredible, but so was all the time that goes into nitro trucks, top grade helicopters, and other rc vehicles that still are well under $600 if not half when it comes to class and quality prospective.

well like everyone always says, after talking your ear off, to make a long story short lol, i think the price of the mm450 will stay at $399 and everyone will be happy .
Have to agree with you again on all points, the radio and electrics although quite good are not top of the line stuff. In saying that in all but one of my bikes everything but the steering servo is std and one bike I use has everything stock and one has the Tenshock motor and Turnigy speedy. Yes there must have been a lot spent on development and tooling so hopefully they will continue to support the bike for a long time to come. The price is fair now and quite competitive really especially considering the bikes performance. So lets hope for more sales and then some chance of some form of racing or even fun with mates. . Just a spot like TJ has and meet up and bash .
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 14, 2012, 08:34 AM
oshkosh,wi.
Joined Dec 2009
11 Posts
motor pinion

Hey guys just a heads up, a pinion gear for a traxxas velenion motor will work on the 4200 in our bikes
supr-glde is offline Find More Posts by supr-glde
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:46 AM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
Have to agree with you again on all points, the radio and electrics although quite good are not top of the line stuff. In saying that in all but one of my bikes everything but the steering servo is std and one bike I use has everything stock and one has the Tenshock motor and Turnigy speedy. Yes there must have been a lot spent on development and tooling so hopefully they will continue to support the bike for a long time to come. The price is fair now and quite competitive really especially considering the bikes performance. So lets hope for more sales and then some chance of some form of racing or even fun with mates. . Just a spot like TJ has and meet up and bash .
Yes the price is deff fair at $399 specially considering it comes RTR now. I think if the popularity keeps growing the next bike will be much better quality as far as electronics and radio.
Rellik is offline Find More Posts by Rellik
Old Dec 14, 2012, 07:32 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,516 Posts
Sitting at road works waiting, waiting. Here's the slow mo my mate took on his phone of a jump off a pile of dirt.
MM450 Slow mo Jump (0 min 25 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by chktm; Dec 14, 2012 at 07:41 PM.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 08:12 PM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
Sitting at road works waiting, waiting. Here's the slow mo my mate took on his phone of a jump off a pile of dirt.
http://youtu.be/ATmvEOpmDQk
I bet Deegan crapped his britches full when he saw that 3 ton bolder go by his knee!!!
TopDave is offline Find More Posts by TopDave
Old Dec 14, 2012, 08:18 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,516 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDave View Post
I bet Deegan crapped his britches full when he saw that 3 ton bolder go by his knee!!!
I bet he did too. Real lucky not to land on it . Probably should have moved it but didn't really mean to go quite so big lol.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 15, 2012, 07:41 PM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,761 Posts
I don't like to wish time away but man I want Xmas day to hurry up! I want to play too!!!!
Teamsherman is online now Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Dec 15, 2012, 07:41 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,516 Posts
Had some fun today trying the truggy inserts on the grassish patch and gravel with clay under. This is the 4200 motor geared with a 12tooth pinion and using a 5000 40c battery. The power is just right not to over power the bike and cause handling dramas and has good top speed. This bike is brilliant to use.
ATOMIK BRIAN DEEGAN METAL MULISHA MM450 (2 min 27 sec)

Bit more fun
ATOMIK BRIAN DEEGAN METAL MULISHA MM450 (1 min 15 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by chktm; Dec 15, 2012 at 08:22 PM.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 08:28 PM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,761 Posts
That drifting looks like super fun dude!!
Teamsherman is online now Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Dec 15, 2012, 09:00 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,516 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
That drifting looks like super fun dude!!
It's great fun and the bike slides really well
RCG Plus Member