HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 12, 2012, 07:25 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Throttlejunkie's Avatar
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,826 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
Hey that'd be cool, maybe see if they can clock his speed. Although he might get a ticket haha.
Actually a mate of mine has one of those hot wheels speed guns i will have to borrow it i would be interested to know the speed,

They are a nice motor down low, i notice with my mates mm the 4200 is pulling wheelies as soon as you touch the throttle but then runs out of rpm pretty quick the tenshocks power comes in smooth & keeps pulling hard, but my mate is still running the stock pinion as well but we are going to put the 4800 in his soon.

You will love the go pro hope they get them in for you, my camera is getting a bit old now but is still working ok i really need a new editing program though.

We are going for a run tomorrow now the rain has gone.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 12, 2012, 07:59 AM
Registered User
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlejunkie View Post
Actually a mate of mine has one of those hot wheels speed guns i will have to borrow it i would be interested to know the speed,

They are a nice motor down low, i notice with my mates mm the 4200 is pulling wheelies as soon as you touch the throttle but then runs out of rpm pretty quick the tenshocks power comes in smooth & keeps pulling hard, but my mate is still running the stock pinion as well but we are going to put the 4800 in his soon.

You will love the go pro hope they get them in for you, my camera is getting a bit old now but is still working ok i really need a new editing program though.

We are going for a run tomorrow now the rain has gone.
Cool, maybe clock it on the bitumen with a 13 tooth. I noticed your mate pulls it on pretty quick especially when you are close lol. You may want to just gear up before putting that 4800 motor in as he may need a little more time to smooth out his finger. The speed is good with a 12 tooth and the 4200 and it doesn't run out of puff. It'll even pull a 13 no worries but you need to be smooth. Also is he still running the 3200 battery? Cause a little more weight over the front helps also. Your vids still look good with that setup. Have fun the grip should be up maybe if there's some moisture left in the dirt . It tried to rain here today and that was it . Still dust.
chktm is offline Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RV Track Pics
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 01:22 PM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Go pro cam is awesome I had the 2 but sold it a month back when I seem the 3 coming out. The new one is a lot thinner, 2x as powerful and shoots at 1440 resolution. I'm ordering the black edition as soon as they are in stock
Rellik is offline Find More Posts by Rellik
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 04:28 PM
Registered User
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik View Post
Go pro cam is awesome I had the 2 but sold it a month back when I seem the 3 coming out. The new one is a lot thinner, 2x as powerful and shoots at 1440 resolution. I'm ordering the black edition as soon as they are in stock
I want one now bugger. Oh well soon.
chktm is offline Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RV Track Pics
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 11:16 PM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
I want one now bugger. Oh well soon.

Yes Deff be patient. I'm a big mountain biker and the new black edition comes with a wifi remote so you can stop and record without being with the camera, perfect for you to mount the cam and record the bike. Oh and I seen you said you want to get nice slow mos, the black edition shots 720p at a crazy 120 frames per second, dinomite for slow mo. Also has a 30 fps burs shot so you can catch some nice jumpping freeze frame
Rellik is offline Find More Posts by Rellik
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:44 AM
Registered User
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik View Post
Yes Deff be patient. I'm a big mountain biker and the new black edition comes with a wifi remote so you can stop and record without being with the camera, perfect for you to mount the cam and record the bike. Oh and I seen you said you want to get nice slow mos, the black edition shots 720p at a crazy 120 frames per second, dinomite for slow mo. Also has a 30 fps burs shot so you can catch some nice jumpping freeze frame
Cool can't wait to get it and start filming thanks Rellik. Should look good.
chktm is offline Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RV Track Pics
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 02:44 AM
Registered User
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik View Post
Yes Deff be patient. I'm a big mountain biker and the new black edition comes with a wifi remote so you can stop and record without being with the camera, perfect for you to mount the cam and record the bike. Oh and I seen you said you want to get nice slow mos, the black edition shots 720p at a crazy 120 frames per second, dinomite for slow mo. Also has a 30 fps burs shot so you can catch some nice jumpping freeze frame
Hey Rellik check out the mountain bike footage on here if you haven't seen it. Insane, blew me away and the camera is pretty good too lol.
http://gopro.com/videos/video-of-the-day/2012/12/4/
chktm is offline Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RV Track Pics
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 03:37 AM
Which way is up?
stuball56's Avatar
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
Shhhhh dont tell the Missus!!

Ok, I won't tell her that you caught Deegan humping your front wheel in the middle of the night. I always did have a funny feeling about him.
stuball56 is offline Find More Posts by stuball56
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 06:16 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Throttlejunkie's Avatar
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,826 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuball56 View Post
Ok, I won't tell her that you caught Deegan humping your front wheel in the middle of the night. I always did have a funny feeling about him.
Lol,
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 06:48 AM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
Hey Rellik check out the mountain bike footage on here if you haven't seen it. Insane, blew me away and the camera is pretty good too lol.
http://gopro.com/videos/video-of-the-day/2012/12/4/
I watched that a couple weeks back them guys are insane!!! those are down hill riders, they have very long travel suspension like 200+ mm prob 60+ lbs . prob $8,000-$10,000 bikes if not more. i live in nj so i have to drive about 2 hrs to get to a down hill place to ride. I do what them guys do but on a much smaller scale lol. my bike has 140mm of travel and weighs about 25lbs. but its deff an awesome sport and the gopro will make it that much better
Rellik is offline Find More Posts by Rellik
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 07:48 AM
Registered User
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik View Post
I watched that a couple weeks back them guys are insane!!! those are down hill riders, they have very long travel suspension like 200+ mm prob 60+ lbs . prob $8,000-$10,000 bikes if not more. i live in nj so i have to drive about 2 hrs to get to a down hill place to ride. I do what them guys do but on a much smaller scale lol. my bike has 140mm of travel and weighs about 25lbs. but its deff an awesome sport and the gopro will make it that much better
Brilliant footage all right those huge gaps, incredible stuff .
chktm is offline Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RV Track Pics
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:09 PM
Which way is up?
stuball56's Avatar
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
I am seriously thinking about adding this to my RC collection. I have now, or have owned just about every type of "mainstream" RC vehicle there is. No robots or exotic type things. Cars, boats, planes, and helis. But this looks like something I would love to add. I never gave much thought to cycles, the vids I saw didnt look all that appealing. But this bike is like no other before eh? I can just imagine the looks you guys get when you take these babies out to the local park. Yep, I think I'll be spending some Christmas money on one of these. Now to read this thread. I want to know what other parts/accesories I might want to order along with the bike. What is the largest battery you guys are running? 2s only? Can't wait to join the owners ranks.
stuball56 is offline Find More Posts by stuball56
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:18 PM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuball56 View Post
I am seriously thinking about adding this to my RC collection. I have now, or have owned just about every type of "mainstream" RC vehicle there is. No robots or exotic type things. Cars, boats, planes, and helis. But this looks like something I would love to add. I never gave much thought to cycles, the vids I saw didnt look all that appealing. But this bike is like no other before eh? I can just imagine the looks you guys get when you take these babies out to the local park. Yep, I think I'll be spending some Christmas money on one of these. Now to read this thread. I want to know what other parts/accesories I might want to order along with the bike. What is the largest battery you guys are running? 2s only? Can't wait to join the owners ranks.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1784958

That's the guy who designed the bike.
Rellik is offline Find More Posts by Rellik
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:57 PM
Which way is up?
stuball56's Avatar
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
Really, well thanks.
stuball56 is offline Find More Posts by stuball56
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:42 PM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
No problem, that's what where here for
Rellik is offline Find More Posts by Rellik
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Nitro ARX with e-gyro conversion first test run Throttlejunkie Motorcycles 55 Aug 16, 2012 01:35 AM
Sold E-flite G210 mems Gyro rodneybarrett Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 3 Jun 26, 2012 11:04 PM
Sold E-flite G110 gyros rodneybarrett Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 2 Jun 24, 2012 06:29 PM
For Sale 3-channel Micro IR S107 Metal HoneyBee Helicopter No.ES0107 (with Gyro) mictopwin Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W) 8 May 09, 2011 02:47 PM
Sold Gaui hurricane 550 with metal head, servos, gyro, esc, and batteries. - $350 shipped AllBread Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 6 Apr 19, 2009 10:23 PM