SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 06, 2012, 03:05 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
So yeah, i knew the bike was big, but when i received the on road tyres and inserts yesterday i was blown away at the size of just the tyres!!

The tyres are placed infront of my aircraft TX for a reference, but im sure all you guys know how big the bike is already!!

You might want to start looking at wheelie bar options also. Pays to do something before you destroy the rear of the bike.
chktm is online now Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RV Track Pics
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2012, 04:31 AM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,902 Posts
I'm going to order the fender bar from redstar. This one here. do I need anything else with it? Or should I get something different from elsewhere?
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Dec 06, 2012, 05:03 AM
Malaysia, Johor, Johor Bahru
Joined Nov 2011
15 Posts
Homemade Wheelie Bar

Hi guys! I made a wheelie bar for my VMX and it should be good for the MM450 too. I have posted it on the VMX thread at this link:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...29980&page=270

Regards,
Nachi
Nachiappan is offline Find More Posts by Nachiappan
Old Dec 06, 2012, 05:15 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,736 Posts
Quote:
I'm going to order the fender bar from redstar. This one here. do I need anything else with it? Or should I get something different from elsewhere?
Don't bother with that, I'll save you the time and money as its made of something resembling solder wire strength . You need to make up something yourself as so far there are none available to buy. I just saw an idea on the VMX forum or here's what I do using the original wire and the front arm of a buggy and a wheel I'm sure you'll have lying around. Buy some shoe goo and coat the inside of the rear guard once or twice even before you've run then I tape the wire to the guard for extra strength. Although looking tatty this body has been around for over a year. You can use a big wheel which I prefer on rough ground or two of the smaller wheels.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/newat...anageattach&p=
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 06, 2012, 05:30 AM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,902 Posts
Cool, I see what you've done there, I'll do the same as I do have alot of spare wheels here from all the undercarriage of the many planes I've crashed over time! Lol
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Dec 06, 2012, 05:42 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,736 Posts
Quote:
Cool, I see what you've done there, I'll do the same as I do have alot of spare wheels here from all the undercarriage of the many planes I've crashed over time! Lol
Ha ha, yea its not hard to knock something up. TJs idea on the VMX forum a few weeks ago looked good.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 06, 2012, 01:19 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
You might want to start looking at wheelie bar options also. Pays to do something before you destroy the rear of the bike.

That's ridiculous!! Lol I use to fly so I know how big they are now, I have a set coming , how do they fit on the bike!! Lol
Rellik is offline Find More Posts by Rellik
Old Dec 06, 2012, 01:19 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,802 Posts
???
http://www.atomik-rc.com/Rider-Figur...category=78815
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Dec 06, 2012, 02:37 PM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
That's the 3 pieces that are inserted in the riders feet/calves and bunghole (lol) for the mounting screws to screw into. Gonna order me about 3 sets, lolol....
TopDave is offline Find More Posts by TopDave
Old Dec 06, 2012, 04:57 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik View Post
That's ridiculous!! Lol I use to fly so I know how big they are now, I have a set coming , how do they fit on the bike!! Lol
I use a big wheel for big wheelies lol . The reason I use a big wheel is because of the crappy surfaces I drive on, the big wheel rolls over the rocks and sharp edges of my track. anything smaller will catch. Mines just made from bits floating around. A front arm off a 1/8 buggy and the original bar cut and straightened. You could use whatever size wheel suits.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 06, 2012, 06:50 PM
Joined Aug 2012
413 Posts
Does alleven have a wheelie bar avail yet?
KTMDirtFace is offline Find More Posts by KTMDirtFace
Old Dec 06, 2012, 07:15 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
I use a big wheel for big wheelies lol . The reason I use a big wheel is because of the crappy surfaces I drive on, the big wheel rolls over the rocks and sharp edges of my track. anything smaller will catch. Mines just made from bits floating around. A front arm off a 1/8 buggy and the original bar cut and straightened. You could use whatever size wheel suits.
Are you talking about the wheelie bar wheel? I was reffeing to the moto wheel size
Old Dec 06, 2012, 09:16 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik View Post
Are you talking about the wheelie bar wheel? I was reffeing to the moto wheel size
Doh, I realise that now, I am a dill, ha ha.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 06, 2012, 10:34 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Haha! I wont say a word
Old Dec 06, 2012, 11:55 PM
British Columbia, Canada
Joined Jul 2009
289 Posts
Hi Guys, this is my first dirtbike which I bought from Atomic recently for the knockdown price of $399 - ( couldn’t resist), anyways I also bought a few parts like chain tensioner and on road tyres. I want to fit a wheelie bar and have ordered this one just to see if it will fit my MM450.

http://www.hobbywow.com/en-metal-upg...59-p232889.htm

Has anyone tried this option? I know its not designed for this bike but do you think it might work?
scoby1 is online now Find More Posts by scoby1