SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 02, 2012, 03:45 PM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Can't wait till I have time and the parts to make my wheelie bar!! So ironic just though today about making a hinged tail today after I ripped mine off lol. Guess ill be the copy cat since you beat me to it lol. Are you running the stock servo in the basement? That bike deff. Stands up and switch backs a lot faster then mine
Rellik is offline Find More Posts by Rellik
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 02, 2012, 05:43 PM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
TopDave's Avatar
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
Hehe, amazing hinged fender. The alternative way to do it, not sure if it was ChrisH, where the fender is cut like yours but attached to the bar instead of the body. Hey why havnt you considered a wheelie bar yet? I whipped one up in an hour based on a youtube video. I have it in my tips playlist. Maybe next spring/summer when you get out into the dirt, I am curious if you do some track testing to see how each setup runs, low cog vs stock. When you modified the battery tray on the low cog bike, does it still accept the standard stick batteries anymore or is that it, your locked into the fat short battery for that bike?
I didn't modify the battery box Johnny. The MaxAmp battery's dimentions are 54x46x32 with the shrink wrap. The battery slips right in snugly with no shims, like it was made for it, so yeah a standard battery still fits too. that battery is getting pretty old (18months) and has swollen a bit but still fits. I gotta build a wheely bar pretty soon, I just keep putting it on the back burner for some reason. I'll make that on of my next projects now that I'm pretty happy with the VMX. I've seen the one on your play list but I need to take another look at it now to freshen up my memory
TopDave is online now Find More Posts by TopDave
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 02, 2012, 06:22 PM
Registered User
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDave View Post
I didn't modify the battery box Johnny. The MaxAmp battery's dimentions are 54x46x32 with the shrink wrap. The battery slips right in snugly with no shims, like it was made for it, so yeah a standard battery still fits too. that battery is getting pretty old (18months) and has swollen a bit but still fits. I gotta build a wheely bar pretty soon, I just keep putting it on the back burner for some reason. I'll make that on of my next projects now that I'm pretty happy with the VMX. I've seen the one on your play list but I need to take another look at it now to freshen up my memory
Cool vids Dave. Power sliding wheelies and drifting under brakes in a tight area . The jump looks better now too. Those slicks work pretty good. Have you tried them at the track yet? Vinnies stance looks a little more business. I love it you put off the wheelie bar, yet make beautiful side rollers lol .
chktm is offline Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More bike fun
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 02, 2012, 08:15 PM
Member #1
Teamsherman's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,890 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
Also going to Ultra Hobbies tomorrow. Do you want me to see if they have a pinion to suit for you. I could send it down, although by the time it gets their yours might have turned up.
Thanks for the offer mate highly appreciated but I'm going to wait and see what the stock one is like before I order.
Teamsherman is online now Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 02, 2012, 08:24 PM
Registered User
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
Thanks for the offer mate highly appreciated but I'm going to wait and see what the stock one is like before I order.
I was asking TJ, but that's all right no worries. You will definitely want to replace the pinion with a steel one but RedStar hobbies might be the place to get one locally. I think they only do 11 and 13 though. I got some 12s from tower to suit Duratrax.
TJ gets his from Robinson racing I think.
chktm is offline Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More bike fun
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 03, 2012, 08:24 AM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
TopDave's Avatar
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
Cool vids Dave. Power sliding wheelies and drifting under brakes in a tight area . The jump looks better now too. Those slicks work pretty good. Have you tried them at the track yet? Vinnies stance looks a little more business. I love it you put off the wheelie bar, yet make beautiful side rollers lol .
yeah I usually try to avoid wheelies because of the rear fender abuse! Now I can see how it could become an art form if certain tricky tricks were applied!
TopDave is online now Find More Posts by TopDave
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 03, 2012, 11:12 AM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
TopDave's Avatar
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,246 Posts
Failed PM to Elvill

elvill ; Sorry EL, Just noticed your pm today. Yeah no issues with the Trackstar so far, good brakes, and smooth throttle. Comes with 12 ga. wires (too thick for me, I don't think the current draw requires 12 ga). I just cut the wires off the original esc and used them. No issues with 2.4, just splice the egyro as normal. Dave PS--get the trackstar tuning card to set up the esc when you buy the esc. Much easier than the beeps and lights, (but not required). $7.38
TopDave is online now Find More Posts by TopDave
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 03, 2012, 04:09 PM
Registered User
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
Thanks for the offer mate highly appreciated but I'm going to wait and see what the stock one is like before I order.
You may want to organise some chain tensioners, alloy body posts, and extra tyres from red star. I think they don't have any dirt rear inserts but if bitumen is your choice you won't need them.
chktm is offline Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More bike fun
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 03, 2012, 05:59 PM
Member #1
Teamsherman's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,890 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
You may want to organise some chain tensioners, alloy body posts, and extra tyres from red star. I think they don't have any dirt rear inserts but if bitumen is your choice you won't need them.
I've got a tensioner coming with the bike package itself and the front brake too. From redstar I've got the body posts and the motard tyres coming.
Teamsherman is online now Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:07 PM
Registered User
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
I've got a tensioner coming with the bike package itself and the front brake too. From redstar I've got the body posts and the motard tyres coming.
no worries.
chktm is offline Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More bike fun
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 04, 2012, 11:59 PM
Member #1
Teamsherman's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,890 Posts
What's the front brake mixing like to do guys? I've got one coming with the bike.

On another note, I received the road tyres today and man they really put into perspective how big the bikes going to be!! They are huge!!
Teamsherman is online now Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 05, 2012, 04:12 PM
Registered User
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
What's the front brake mixing like to do guys? I've got one coming with the bike.

On another note, I received the road tyres today and man they really put into perspective how big the bikes going to be!! They are huge!!
It's pretty easy, I've covered it not long ago on here or on the VMX forum, I'll go through it with you when you have your transmitter maybe.
The bike is a good size for sure .
chktm is offline Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More bike fun
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 05, 2012, 10:02 PM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
TopDave's Avatar
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik View Post
Can't wait till I have time and the parts to make my wheelie bar!! So ironic just though today about making a hinged tail today after I ripped mine off lol. Guess ill be the copy cat since you beat me to it lol. Are you running the stock servo in the basement? That bike deff. Stands up and switch backs a lot faster then mine
The servo is a real old HiTech buggie servo I kept around just in case I needed one, so when the second VMX stk. servo went bad I threw that one in. The quick switch back comes from running 80 wt oil in the steering damper. On my MM450 stock servo which was VERY lazy about standing up, I used 80 wt oil in the damper which helped, but I also "cheated" the stocker into being faster by putting (-) negative expo (start at -30%) into the steering which quickened the steering good enough that I'm not going to replace the stock servo til it goes bad. The MM450 is great now and the 4200 motor is so smooth and easy to drive compared to the 4800's hard hitting power.
TopDave is online now Find More Posts by TopDave
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 05, 2012, 10:51 PM
Registered User
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDave View Post
. The MM450 is great now and the 4200 motor is so smooth and easy to drive compared to the 4800's hard hitting power.
I'd have to agree Dave. The 4200 motor is just right for the bike on a track and has plenty of up and go unlike the 4800 which you spend your time trying to tame the power and not overpower the bike. Still good fun though.
chktm is offline Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More bike fun
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 06, 2012, 01:57 AM
Member #1
Teamsherman's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,890 Posts
So yeah, i knew the bike was big, but when i received the on road tyres and inserts yesterday i was blown away at the size of just the tyres!!

The tyres are placed infront of my aircraft TX for a reference, but im sure all you guys know how big the bike is already!!

Teamsherman is online now Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Nitro ARX with e-gyro conversion first test run Throttlejunkie Motorcycles 55 Aug 16, 2012 12:35 AM
Sold E-flite G210 mems Gyro rodneybarrett Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 3 Jun 26, 2012 10:04 PM
Sold E-flite G110 gyros rodneybarrett Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 2 Jun 24, 2012 05:29 PM
For Sale 3-channel Micro IR S107 Metal HoneyBee Helicopter No.ES0107 (with Gyro) mictopwin Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W) 8 May 09, 2011 01:47 PM
Sold Gaui hurricane 550 with metal head, servos, gyro, esc, and batteries. - $350 shipped AllBread Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 6 Apr 19, 2009 09:23 PM