HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 25, 2012, 12:49 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlejunkie View Post
Cool mate how many turns in or out do you have it set at.
Thanks for asking TJ, I actually went and checked both bikes and they are about the same now. I have a 3.5mm gap in the droop screw. Seemed to smooth out steering and cornering on the slippery stuff. Std droop by the book says 2mm. My track is super bumpy in spots and didn't affect its handling of them at all. Just settled the bike down even through them.
chktm is offline Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 25, 2012, 03:39 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,399 Posts
Here's the latest run, for those not too bored. ( I promise different video soon ) TJ this is on the verge of out of control lol, ( I've been a little out of control hence the next body in line for destruction ) I'm not even getting to full throttle most times. Great fun. Did you order a 12 or 13 pinion? I'd like to try a 15 for an insane speed run. Oh you can maybe see how the bike seems to take the slow berm better and also exit better with the adjustment to the droop. Definitely feels better, less twitchy and you can probably see by the bounce ( also a little out of round tyre lol ) the track is getting torn up. Some lines are ok, others blown out. My foam inserts handle better again ( less bounce ). That tyre is toast also, had some mileage though. Spinning all the way lol.
MM450 with Tenshock motor dry dust laps (4 min 8 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 25, 2012, 05:00 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
Here's the latest run, for those not too bored. ( I promise different video soon ) TJ this is on the verge of out of control lol, ( I've been a little out of control hence the next body in line for destruction ) I'm not even getting to full throttle most times. Great fun. Did you order a 12 or 13 pinion? I'd like to try a 15 for an insane speed run. Oh you can maybe see how the bike seems to take the slow berm better and also exit better with the adjustment to the droop. Definitely feels better, less twitchy and you can probably see by the bounce ( also a little out of round tyre lol ) the track is getting torn up. Some lines are ok, others blown out. My foam inserts handle better again ( less bounce ). That tyre is toast also, had some mileage though. Spinning all the way lol.
http://youtu.be/iHh5lyQixGU
That's awesome mate, it is either spinning the tyre throwing a roost or lifting the front wheel lol love it, i did order a 12 & 13 pinion they should be here this week i hope as i am dying to run this beast, i ordered some for my mate as well & he is going to buy the 4800 off me to make it a bit more even when we race.
It does look like it is handling good though i will set my droop screw the same.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
Old Nov 25, 2012, 05:57 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,399 Posts
Quote:
That's awesome mate, it is either spinning the tyre throwing a roost or lifting the front wheel lol love it, i did order a 12 & 13 pinion they should be here this week i hope as i am dying to run this beast, i ordered some for my mate as well & he is going to buy the 4800 off me to make it a bit more even when we race.
It does look like it is handling good though i will set my droop screw the same.
Yea the power is insane , it just keeps coming and the motor doesn't even sweat . That run I was using an old 6000 pack with only a 25 to 35c rating. I used some new 5800 30 to 60c batteries this morning and could not keep the front down lol. Bike feels great although that insert worked ok it still bunched. Hopefully have some more foams later this week to try.
You can probably notice in this clip I can't spin the tyre as much as it still had some tread left lol. You can probably see the track was smoother this morning also although i just wheelied a bit too late at the end lol. This thing shifts some dirt. Hope your pinions turn up soon. Your mate may want to try just gearing up to a 12 with the std motor to start with as even that can pull that and more. Then if he wants to really destroy things put the 4800 in lol.
MM450 laps and wheelies with a Tenshock motor (1 min 41 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 25, 2012, 07:04 AM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,190 Posts
Quote:
Yea the power is insane , it just keeps coming and the motor doesn't even sweat . That run I was using an old 6000 pack with only a 25 to 35c rating. I used some new 5800 30 to 60c batteries this morning and could not keep the front down lol. Bike feels great although that insert worked ok it still bunched. Hopefully have some more foams later this week to try.
You can probably notice in this clip I can't spin the tyre as much as it still had some tread left lol. You can probably see the track was smoother this morning also although i just wheelied a bit too late at the end lol. This thing shifts some dirt. Hope your pinions turn up soon. Your mate may want to try just gearing up to a 12 with the std motor to start with as even that can pull that and more. Then if he wants to really destroy things put the 4800 in lol.
http://youtu.be/YYkHVJ-S3Tw
Hey Chris , what diameter foam are you experimenting with? Have you tried using duct tape on the outside dia. or inside diameter of the foam to try to prevent the "bunching"? I think I saw Lito "Guidoracer" used tape on the inside of the tires he used on his "world speed record bike" to prevent the tires from over expanding and blowing off the rims. Maybe a round or so of tape on the foam would help it hold it's shape better while the tire is expanded at high RPM. And maybe prevent the foam itself from wearing into dust.
TopDave is offline Find More Posts by TopDave
Last edited by TopDave; Nov 25, 2012 at 07:12 AM.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 03:15 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDave View Post
Hey Chris , what diameter foam are you experimenting with? Have you tried using duct tape on the outside dia. or inside diameter of the foam to try to prevent the "bunching"? I think I saw Lito "Guidoracer" used tape on the inside of the tires he used on his "world speed record bike" to prevent the tires from over expanding and blowing off the rims. Maybe a round or so of tape on the foam would help it hold it's shape better while the tire is expanded at high RPM. And maybe prevent the foam itself from wearing into dust.
Hi Dave, I make my inserts out of stadium truck foams cut down the middle then cut both halves and glue and join. I use a front dirt tyre cut down and glued as an outer like tube. The tyre fits over this combo. I can get maybe 4 or 5 tyres worn out before the foam looks like deteriorating. I've run out of stadium foams and have some crawler ones coming. Will play around. I find this setup gives better sharp bump and jump landings and more grip and less bounce. I find the std insert gets the edges cut off from hard cornering and jumping and this buildup causes the lumps. I don't think tape will help much in this case thanks for the tip though Dave. by the way Dave how fast did Guidoracer get going?
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 25, 2012, 05:01 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Just realized I have to undo all the zip ties and pull the whole rear harness out to take the back tire off every time. The three individual wires at the tire are directly soldered and can't be pulled apart right? I'm going to attempt to balance my flywheel tonight.
Rellik is offline Find More Posts by Rellik
Last edited by Rellik; Nov 25, 2012 at 05:11 PM.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 05:46 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik View Post
Just realized I have to undo all the zip ties and pull the whole rear harness out to take the back tire off every time. The three individual wires at the tire are directly soldered and can't be pulled apart right? I'm going to attempt to balance my flywheel tonight.
Yeah mate the wires are soldered i just pulled the wheel off & laid it beside the bike & pulled it apart so i did not have to take the esc back off i only had to unclip the wires from the swing arm.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
Old Nov 25, 2012, 06:24 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Quote:
Yeah mate the wires are soldered i just pulled the wheel off & laid it beside the bike & pulled it apart so i did not have to take the esc back off i only had to unclip the wires from the swing arm.
Ok thanx. That's actually where I'm at now, I unclipped two zip ties and have it hanging like you said.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 06:58 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,399 Posts
Quote:
No you don't have to undo that side of the wheel, just pull your axle place the wheel on the table next to the bike and undo your screws holding the wheel together. The rim will come apart without touching the calliper side at all.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 25, 2012, 07:10 PM
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,190 Posts
Quote:
Hi Dave, I make my inserts out of stadium truck foams cut down the middle then cut both halves and glue and join. I use a front dirt tyre cut down and glued as an outer like tube. The tyre fits over this combo. I can get maybe 4 or 5 tyres worn out before the foam looks like deteriorating. I've run out of stadium foams and have some crawler ones coming. Will play around. I find this setup gives better sharp bump and jump landings and more grip and less bounce. I find the std insert gets the edges cut off from hard cornering and jumping and this buildup causes the lumps. I don't think tape will help much in this case thanks for the tip though Dave. by the way Dave how fast did Guidoracer get going?
For more info, do a search for "speed run" or "world speed record" in this forum.

Here's Lito's own report:
Here are some of the details:

Official ISC speed: 92.32 MPH, backed up with multiple 90+ MPH runs
Front tire/wheel: GRP 50/Alleven RC
Rear tire/wheel: GRP 45/Thunder Tiger Ducati
ESC: Castle Mamba Monster
Motor: Castle CM36 5700
Batts: 2 x Zippy 4000mAH 2S LiPo in series (4S 14.8 to the ESC)

There was a guy taking hi-def video, but I don't know for what publication or such.

I'll post a couple of pics of the bike in the next few days.

Lito
Old Nov 25, 2012, 07:22 PM
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,190 Posts
Quote:
P.S. I just threw out 2 grocery bags full of stock tire foams about 6 months ago
Old Nov 25, 2012, 08:33 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
So I tried balancing the flywheel, but no luck finding a heavy spot. I spun the wheel a million times, a million different ways and it landed in a different spot every time. My first thought, I have a balanced flywheel. But there where times where the flywheel started to slow but went a little farther, and other times it stopped and rolled back a bit indicating heavy spots ,but again it never landed in the same spot more then once or twice. Put it back together and it's Deff not balanced. Any ideas?
Old Nov 25, 2012, 09:42 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDave View Post
P.S. I just threw out 2 grocery bags full of stock tire foams about 6 months ago
First rule Dave, never throw anything out, you'll only need it six months down the track lol.
Thanks for the info on the speed run.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:18 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,399 Posts
Quote:
So I tried balancing the flywheel, but no luck finding a heavy spot. I spun the wheel a million times, a million different ways and it landed in a different spot every time. My first thought, I have a balanced flywheel. But there where times where the flywheel started to slow but went a little farther, and other times it stopped and rolled back a bit indicating heavy spots ,but again it never landed in the same spot more then once or twice. Put it back together and it's Deff not balanced. Any ideas?
Run it and have fun Rellik. I'm sure it will work ok. If it doesn't contact Atomik. I have a less than perfect one ( its the one in the latest vids ) and it works fine.
RCG Plus Member