HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:35 AM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,738 Posts
Wow great effort TJ, you blinged that bike out all the way. Now you understand once you go all MM style like that tricks are expected. Oh yeah, what happened to suzuki yellow? haha. (As I get around to posting more stuff on the site, you mind if I put up your picks?)
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2012, 01:59 PM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
Hey Deen, dont let all those other new toys distract you from your bike hobby!
i wont mate
deen247 is offline Find More Posts by deen247
Old Nov 20, 2012, 03:38 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Bradbury View Post
As Chris Nicastro has pointed out, they buy in the Tx/Rx from a different company. The changes are out of their control unless it leads to excessive warranty claims, then Atomik could have some bargaining power with the suppliers to get it altered back.

As Chris N no longer works for them, it's doubtful they will ever know this part has been altered and is more likely to fail.
They know JB, this failed within a week of having my MMs, I sent pics to them and they said they would let the R & D deportment know a few months ago now. Probably just bull they told me.
chktm is offline Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 20, 2012, 05:10 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,726 Posts
Quote:
Wow great effort TJ, you blinged that bike out all the way. Now you understand once you go all MM style like that tricks are expected. Oh yeah, what happened to suzuki yellow? haha. (As I get around to posting more stuff on the site, you mind if I put up your picks?)
Thanks John, it is hard to know what it will look like until it is finished but i am happy with the way it came out.
I don't know if vinnie is any good at tricks might have to wait until i get a Deegan lol.
Suzuki yellow is next mate i will take my time with that one & try & do as good a job as you done with your RV bike but you set the bar high with RV.

Of course you can post the pics on your site mate.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
Last edited by Throttlejunkie; Nov 20, 2012 at 09:48 PM.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:20 AM
Joined Aug 2012
412 Posts
So my KDUB Graphics are almost done, here is a teaser just sent to me by Stuck On Racing. We are still determining what to do with the seat, but it looks SICK!!!!!!

I will find out if he can do graphics for other people now that he used me as a template. WIll let you know.

Edit: A note from Stuck On Racing: The only part about the actual graphics part is trying to get graphics designed and layed out for a Honda, to fit the Kawi styled plastic that is on this RC bike. Hard to make it look spot on since there are some pretty big differences in the bodywork between the two. As long as people understand that, it's pretty simple to do.

http://stuckonracinggraphics.com
http://www.facebook.com/SORgraphics

I will post full pics and finally install the massive pile of "bling" I got about a month ago once I have everything here at my house.
KTMDirtFace is offline Find More Posts by KTMDirtFace
Last edited by KTMDirtFace; Nov 21, 2012 at 12:37 AM.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 02:10 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,525 Posts
Cool KTM, look forward to seeing the finished product .
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:21 AM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,738 Posts
Going to look awesome cant wait.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 01:04 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDave View Post
The 4800 is so punchy that the only way I've found to calm it down was to dial the EPA back to about 85% and I'll try 80% the next time I run it. It's so hard not to over jump my 8' table top onto flat ground (12 feet, even with a 90* turn immediatly before the jump) even with the EPA dialed back. (Like the pro's controlling the 60HP 450's on SX tracks!) Fun stuff!
Have been playing with the new speedy Dave and found to get full throttle the EPA has to be set at 120%. This means with yours dialled back to 85% that is a lot of throttle its missing out on, and its still too much lol.
Oh I've found by knocking the throttle trim back say 5 or so clicks ( you could try more as long as you don't have to search for it lol ), it can make it feel smoother on the bottom end without seeming to affect anything else.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 22, 2012, 08:04 AM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
Have been playing with the new speedy Dave and found to get full throttle the EPA has to be set at 120%. This means with yours dialled back to 85% that is a lot of throttle its missing out on, and its still too much lol.
Oh I've found by knocking the throttle trim back say 5 or so clicks ( you could try more as long as you don't have to search for it lol ), it can make it feel smoother on the bottom end without seeming to affect anything else.
I forgot about how the EPA setting effects how smoothly the throttle feels! I'll give it a try. I knew I was missing something! Thanks Chris
TopDave is offline Find More Posts by TopDave
Old Nov 22, 2012, 08:13 AM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,226 Posts
Quote:
I forgot about how the EPA setting effects how smoothly the throttle feels! I'll give it a try. I knew I was missing something! Thanks Chris
Don't I have to set the radio's EPA to 120, then re-bind the transmitter to have the ESC be as smooth as possible?
TopDave is offline Find More Posts by TopDave
Old Nov 22, 2012, 04:03 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,525 Posts
Quote:
Don't I have to set the radio's EPA to 120, then re-bind the transmitter to have the ESC be as smooth as possible?
Not sure Dave. I just checked mine as I revved it up you could see the lights on the speedo were blinking until I got to about 119% on the EPA. This would be as smooth as it gets as its getting full throttle right at the top. If you programmed your speedo with the EPA set lower you might have to reprogram it. Just watch the lights and see when it reaches full throttle the light will stay on.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 23, 2012, 02:42 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,525 Posts
Have been doing a little more insert testing. Have more to do, will report on findings if anyone is interested.
MM450 with Tenshock motor insert test (1 min 58 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 23, 2012, 09:26 AM
Joined Mar 2007
29 Posts
mm450

hey,chris great vidio. thanks for shareing,all your vids are too cool.after i saw your bike running i bought one,and im so glad i did.this thing is kick ass.its my newly crowned king of cool.thanks for the tips. when i first got the bike i tore it apart,i put fresh boca bearings in it also balanced flywheel and tires.i also got the front brake kit,front axle,gray triples,,micro drive,adjusters and clutch cover.this thing is so smooth and fast.i got the gold shock it works well,my battery is a 5000 90c tons of tire tearing torc.i will try to post pictures and vid later .

. remember never ride faster than your angle can fly. lol
up on 1 is offline Find More Posts by up on 1
Old Nov 23, 2012, 10:54 AM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by up on 1 View Post
hey,chris great vidio. thanks for shareing,all your vids are too cool.after i saw your bike running i bought one,and im so glad i did.this thing is kick ass.its my newly crowned king of cool.thanks for the tips. when i first got the bike i tore it apart,i put fresh boca bearings in it also balanced flywheel and tires.i also got the front brake kit,front axle,gray triples,,micro drive,adjusters and clutch cover.this thing is so smooth and fast.i got the gold shock it works well,my battery is a 5000 90c tons of tire tearing torc.i will try to post pictures and vid later .
Cool. Hey what did you do to balance flywheel, mine doesnt run smooth at all.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 03:56 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,726 Posts
Quote:
Cool. Hey what did you do to balance flywheel, mine doesnt run smooth at all.
Yeah John i spun my gyro up it is very noisy & vibrating also not like the ARX smooth & quite, it is pretty up when you have to balance your own flywheel.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie