HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 08, 2012, 06:40 PM
Joined Jun 2012
11 Posts
I did clear the big triple with ease, but I did not want to hurt the bike! When I have my own it will be a different story!!!
HOTRODLOCAL is offline Find More Posts by HOTRODLOCAL
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 09, 2012, 04:28 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTRODLOCAL View Post
I have been out of the motorcycle loop for a while, But this got me itching for two wheels again! It was a blast to pilot the mm450 around Hot Rods! The layout is challenging for the bike, but as Lito said, the new off road track, that I hope will be in by the new year, should be perfect for this awesome off roader!!!! Thanks again Lito for the wheel time It was the most fun I've had on our track ever! This will be a huge hit with two wheel community, and should bring a lot of newcomers two the two wheel side of the hobby.
Cool. Sounds like Lito made an great choice to share experience with you. I would have taken the day off and drove over 3 hrs just to watch you guys lol.

With a little care in design, it would not take much to make a track more bike friendly and still be fun for the main audience of trucks n buggies. Its the awkward track obsticles like lane dividers, off cambers, tight turns, and steep bumps n jumps that will make track sessions difficult.

I havnt used my bike in like 4 months so Im going to need that egyro even more so, just to keep my bad driving from looking so bad.
JohnnyMc is online now Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Jul 09, 2012, 05:16 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,628 Posts
You got it Johnny
These bikes really need a nice flowing track much like a real motor cross track so much more fun than a tight twisty huge radical jumps. I tried mine on the local track which is really 1/10th scale size and it was hopeless. Decided to build a circuit to suit. I will add more in when the mm450 arrives but for now this layout is ideal for the mechanical gyro. I know super cross tracks are very tight and often hard packed but even in real life there is not to many really good supercsoss riders. It needs to be fun not too hard. Remember these are 1/4 scale track should be open and wide.
chktm is offline Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More Tyre Thoughts
Old Jul 09, 2012, 05:26 PM
Editor, RCCA
Joined Nov 2004
3,170 Posts
chktm: Trust me, Chris, you are going to love the way the MM450 handles. It sounds like your VMX450 is sorted out pretty well, but the MM is on a whole other level. On another note, I didn't mean to give you such a hard time -- I must have been having a rough day. Sorry about that, mate...

Lito
Guidoracer is offline Find More Posts by Guidoracer
Old Jul 09, 2012, 07:24 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guidoracer View Post
chktm: Trust me, Chris, you are going to love the way the MM450 handles. It sounds like your VMX450 is sorted out pretty well, but the MM is on a whole other level. On another note, I didn't mean to give you such a hard time -- I must have been having a rough day. Sorry about that, mate...

Lito
Your right mate yes am looking forward to some lower speed more technical layout (just doesn't work with the VMX) was just a bit excited about being in touch with people with similar interests. Every where I go my bike generates a lot of interest. I give car drivers a go and they find it really hard (try to turn steering wheel an get it to turn like a car ) as I did when I first got it. Then I started to think bike not car and started to get the hang of it. Now if I pull out my truck to have a go it gets put away again quick smart. These are just so much fun. In my opinion I have just as much fun with my VMX than I do on my KTM just not the adrenalin rush. Bring on deegan.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More Tyre Thoughts
Old Jul 10, 2012, 02:13 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,655 Posts
I was also there the day we were testing the MM450 and I really have to tell you, it will be well worth the wait for those who have waited.., and to those who bought the VMX.,. Save your pennies now!... The e-gyro makes the bike almost 100% different... And driving it on crappy surfaces is a breeze... The e-gyro makes even a bad driver think he's James Stewart.., or in this case Brian Deegan.... I was flat-tracking the bike at full speed and at slow speed and I could put it just about anywhere I wanted... Sliding through the turns fully crossed up, kicking up a rooster tail of dirt is a blast... Even with the stock tires!

2wheelRCpodcast.... bringing you the latest in RC bike news
Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2
Old Jul 10, 2012, 02:56 PM
gravity tester
LaPine,OR Quarztsite AZ
Joined Nov 2008
708 Posts
....i'm hoping the new MM450 will be the bike alot of us have been waiting for....i very much wanted to buy the VMX 450, but just didn't like the thought of spending all that cash and have the possibility of an RC motorcycle being down all the time because of the rear wheel gyro....i beleive that there are many of us who held back on the VMX, but i am ready and willing to buy a well running bike for the $5-600 it is being advertised, if it is reliable.
MRFASTPHIL is offline Find More Posts by MRFASTPHIL
Old Jul 10, 2012, 04:36 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akura2 View Post
I was also there the day we were testing the MM450 and I really have to tell you, it will be well worth the wait for those who have waited.., and to those who bought the VMX.,. Save your pennies now!... The e-gyro makes the bike almost 100% different... And driving it on crappy surfaces is a breeze... The e-gyro makes even a bad driver think he's James Stewart.., or in this case Brian Deegan.... I was flat-tracking the bike at full speed and at slow speed and I could put it just about anywhere I wanted... Sliding through the turns fully crossed up, kicking up a rooster tail of dirt is a blast... Even with the stock tires!

2wheelRCpodcast.... bringing you the latest in RC bike news
can you actually ride a wheelie with the new gyro? i am a wheelie freak and love popping wheelies, but any more then a pop with the old gyro results in violent shacking and or a crash lol
Rellik is offline Find More Posts by Rellik
Old Jul 10, 2012, 04:53 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,655 Posts
Unfortunately riding a wheelie with ANY RC bike is more of an excercise in parts replacement than skill... Because you are not ACTUALLY on the bike to 'feel' the balance point, it's nearly impossible to effectively ride a wheelie... The gyro DOES however allow for really stable slow speed running, which is good to try to get the wheelie going without destroying the bike from a high-speed tumble.., it's easy to do a tail dragger wheelie, because the bike can keep balance at slow speeds, but a 'floating' wheelie will nearly always be next to impossible.., especially for any length of time
Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2
Last edited by Akura2; Jul 10, 2012 at 05:06 PM.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 06:17 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Make sence, I hope they come out with a nice wheelie bar to replace the drag bar the bikes have now
Old Jul 11, 2012, 08:02 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,628 Posts
Hey Topdave check out the speedway action on VMX forum. I must have watched the Aussies beat the Brits before I went out. oh and Rellik check out the wheelie in the second last video on VMX forum at about 2minutes 30seconds tell me what you think.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by chktm; Jul 11, 2012 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Add
Old Jul 11, 2012, 08:10 AM
Joined Jul 2006
299 Posts
any idea when these might hit the UK shores and an idea of price?
AC-racing is offline Find More Posts by AC-racing
Old Jul 11, 2012, 11:03 AM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,337 Posts
MM450 are starting to ship now. We have been inspecting them here and have caught up to orders so they are starting to trickle out of the warehouse.
As for the UK and EU they will come is as your dealers order them but we also sell direct to you for the same price so look at your options there.
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Old Jul 11, 2012, 11:06 AM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro View Post
MM450 are starting to ship now. We have been inspecting them here and have caught up to orders so they are starting to trickle out of the warehouse.
As for the UK and EU they will come is as your dealers order them but we also sell direct to you for the same price so look at your options there.
any idea when we the egyro will be avalible ?
Old Jul 11, 2012, 11:06 AM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
Hey Topdave check out the speedway action on VMX forum. I must have watched the Aussies beat the Brits before I went out. oh and Rellik check out the wheelie in the second last video on VMX forum at about 2minutes 30seconds tell me what you think.
that was a reall nice power wheelie out of the turn