HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 03, 2012, 07:11 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,707 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRFASTPHIL View Post
Looks pretty good Chris, you have your suspension set up nice!.....same here, i don't fasten down Deegan's feet....i like your track!
Hey Phil yea this machine is unreal no doubt about it. Yea his feet should last longer not fastened down I'm hoping as they seem to sit up higher as well. Love my track and also like the surface as it give a bit of slip meaning good slides and fun. Will add more in now I think to make more interesting, but won't change the fast bottom corner or the slow end as well just divert off it somewhere and add some in between.
Here's some more fun from today from next door.
MM450 wheelies and more fun (6 min 9 sec)
chktm is offline Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by chktm; Aug 04, 2012 at 08:58 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 05, 2012, 05:53 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,707 Posts
Enough slow speed stuff, I've geared up to 12 tooth pinion and the bike flies and still has awesome power, doesn't overheat  and still gets good run time. The suspension handles even better with out any mech gyro and the bike feels lighter again. Some great slides jumps and wheelies.

MM450 awesome speedway style drifts, jumps and wheelies (5 min 36 sec)

Johnny this is the std 4200 kv motor. The 4800 would be insane.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More bike fun
Old Aug 05, 2012, 07:17 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
Enough slow speed stuff, I've geared up to 12 tooth pinion and the bike flies and still has awesome power, doesn't overheat  and still gets good run time. The suspension handles even better with out any mech gyro and the bike feels lighter again. Some great slides jumps and wheelies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBc6Q...e_gdata_player

Johnny this is the std 4200 kv motor. The 4800 would be insane.
Wow mate very nice vid you have that bike handling great love the slides & wheelies, was that your cheeky dog in the other video i thought that was so funny.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
Old Aug 05, 2012, 07:44 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,707 Posts
Thanks TJ, the bike feels excellent on that stuff pushing hard, that's the first time I've seen footage from that view, thought it would look ok. that was the neighbors dog, likes a run with the bikes, was funny when the bike jumped towards it lol
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 05, 2012, 04:59 PM
gravity tester
LaPine,OR Quarztsite AZ
Joined Nov 2008
708 Posts
Great Demo on the gearing changes Chris!...You showed us that up-ing the pinion from the stock 10t to either the 11t or 12t can really put Deegan in high gear!...i think that would be pretty good for flat tracking type large courses or street motos.
MRFASTPHIL is offline Find More Posts by MRFASTPHIL
Old Aug 05, 2012, 05:35 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,707 Posts
Exactly Phil, or open flowing style tracks. speed is great, power is still unbelievable. some more fun practicing wheelies.
MM450 wheelie practice (1 min 13 sec)

Time for a proper wheelie bar like ThrottleJockeys on his ARX I think.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by chktm; Aug 05, 2012 at 05:43 PM.
Old Aug 05, 2012, 07:11 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,707 Posts
Been trying the nylon bars on the grass, seems to work better allowing faster cornering, more lean angle and slide nicely over lumps of grass etc without catching or upsetting the bike at all. Only thing sometimes if the bike falls over in a certain way they collapse fully under its weight. ( like in the wheelie above ) if you let the bike come to rest on them, taking off is still ok. Also if you hit something with the bars ( like a tree ) they won't rip out.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 05, 2012, 08:15 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
is the E-gyro kit coming anytime soon!!!??? i touched my bike since this bike came out b.c after watching these bikes run and the stability, by bike is just lame now, i want to do wheelies so bad, corner hard with no bars, ride slower to set up jumps and corners , but this stuff just dose not happen without the gyro.
Rellik is offline Find More Posts by Rellik
Old Aug 05, 2012, 08:47 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,707 Posts
Like this. Lol.These wheelies were just before the battery went flat. If you wheelie earlier in the run the stability is better. ( less wobble ) You can feel late in the battery the stability gets not as good. Not saying bad, but slightly noticeable to me. Oh I tested the toughness as well. Ouch por Deegans got to have a headache after this. Lol
MM450 wheelie practice crash (0 min 45 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 05, 2012, 08:50 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,707 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik View Post
is the E-gyro kit coming anytime soon!!!??? i touched my bike since this bike came out b.c after watching these bikes run and the stability, by bike is just lame now, i want to do wheelies so bad, corner hard with no bars, ride slower to set up jumps and corners , but this stuff just dose not happen without the gyro.
I think Johnny said the release date is late August so not to far away now Rellik. Trust me you will enjoy. Really makes the bike completely awesome.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 05, 2012, 09:03 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
i can tell!! thats why i have not touched my bike since i seen these bike running, the vmx is just lame now lol.

i mountain bike so as soon as i get the E-gyro i am going to bring it back in the trails with me and let her rip!!!
Old Aug 05, 2012, 09:06 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,707 Posts
Quote:
Also if wheelies are on your main agenda, a proper wheelie bar with a small wheel would allow better control on them. Also if you wanted to try adding more weight to the gyro, stability would increase again I would imagine. I haven't tried no bars, I found the nylon ones to be excellent allowing more lean angle without upsetting the bike, yet still allowed you to stop the bike and take off again.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 05, 2012, 11:09 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,707 Posts
Quote:
i can tell!! thats why i have not touched my bike since i seen these bike running, the vmx is just lame now lol.

i mountain bike so as soon as i get the E-gyro i am going to bring it back in the trails with me and let her rip!!!
Should be great for that
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 06, 2012, 12:46 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,707 Posts
Just as a matter of interest I have a 13 tooth pinion I plan to try along with the 4800 kv motor. Will have to clock this combo and see what the top speed is
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 06, 2012, 06:51 AM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
Also if wheelies are on your main agenda, a proper wheelie bar with a small wheel would allow better control on them. Also if you wanted to try adding more weight to the gyro, stability would increase again I would imagine. I haven't tried no bars, I found the nylon ones to be excellent allowing more lean angle without upsetting the bike, yet still allowed you to stop the bike and take off again.
yes have been saying someone needs to com out with a wheelie bar the will keep the bike straight up and stable while doing wheelies. the aluminum traxxas wheelie bar wheels that you can get (red or blue) with a decent wheelie bar to replace the metal brace under the tail of the bike would make a perfect combo. as long as its pretty stubby, anything to long would hinder the performance of the bike and throw the center of gravity off.