651 Posts
does look good in the video
deen247 is offline Find More Posts by deen247
Old Jul 06, 2012, 11:02 AM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,776 Posts
THANK YOU LITO! Im burned out today and needed this. That guy driving may be out of scene for 5 years but he's got skills, I can tell. He must be that guy that popped into your So-cal racing thread recently huh. By the way, that picture is no joke, its beautiful man good grief! I want a nice camera that can do that, any suggestions?

Funny, I was just looking at hot rod track videos the other night to see if its a place to consider for rc dirt bike racing for us cali guys (since its near you so-cal guys). I dont think most realize how rutted a track is until you through a bike on it. Dang track is tight for buggies as it is. The layout isnt too difficult though. It would be a bit crazy trying to race here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akura2 View Post
YeeeeeHA!!!!.... finally a dirt bike we can take on the track and possibly RACE!!!!!.... that track was SO rutty that I'm surprised that even the 8th scale buggies can run on it... and it's really dry and slippery

That's very impressive with the stock low-grip knobbies

look at how slow you can run the MM450 now with the e-gyro and it still keeps its composure... NICE!
Hehe, amen to that! Though Im pretty darn sure 1/8 suspension laughs at these bumps and make the track look butter smooth, I get what your saying.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Jul 06, 2012, 11:21 AM
Editor, RCCA
Joined Nov 2004
3,190 Posts
Johnny -- That was shot with a Canon 40D that I've had for almost five years. I didn't do any processing to that shot; I just wanted to get it out there.

That track is very rough, especially in the section around the end of the back straight. That really was the only place the MM450 had trouble, though. I've got more video of the bike soaking up the jumps, landing perfectly, and really pushing it through the hairpins harder.

Hot Rod's race director, our old friend hotrodlocal and the driver in that vid, is pushing to turn the second track area they have into a scale short course track, as opposed to the main supercross-style track. I think the second track would be ideal for running bikes. We'll definitely keep everyone posted in here and in the SoCal thread.
Guidoracer is offline Find More Posts by Guidoracer
Old Jul 06, 2012, 12:42 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,674 Posts
And then there is always Riverside MX Park.... That track is purpose built for 1/5 scale so the jumps are more like rollers and the turns are nice and sweeping
Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2
Old Jul 06, 2012, 02:11 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akura2 View Post
And then there is always Riverside MX Park.... That track is purpose built for 1/5 scale so the jumps are more like rollers and the turns are nice and sweeping
If your talking Milestone, its rc track is closed from the announcements Ive seen. Your arx video was the first and last of its kind there. http://www.rctech.net/forum/californ...ouncement.html
Last edited by JohnnyMc; Jul 06, 2012 at 04:23 PM.
Old Jul 06, 2012, 03:52 PM
United Kingdom, Beverley
Joined May 2012
154 Posts
That bike looks awesome, cant believe the balance of the thing going slow!

I WANT THE E-GYRO! now please?
Kurtis is offline Find More Posts by Kurtis
Old Jul 06, 2012, 04:50 PM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,350 Posts
Great, the bike is speaking for itself now!
Believe me when I say you guys have not seen anything yet!
We drift drive these bikes through the warehouse on polished concrete, I'll get a short vid of that action up too. And thats on the stock MXR nobby tires.

We are going to have to have a thread just for track set up and use I think, maybe a sticky. The set up for real track use will be the key to success and very different from the RTR.

You will want to change the damper fluid to something heavy for sure so the servo can literally pick up the front end when exiting a corner. Thats the best way to change direction quickly, combination of steering and power. Your going to see whats called neutral steering so in this case your actually steering with the rear tire on power. Its pretty awesome and very fun to do with the MM450. Less steering input is actually better, thats what it boils down to.
Chris Nicastro is online now Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Old Jul 06, 2012, 06:10 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,671 Posts
New to forum

Hi Chris and guys am new to forum have had a vmx for about a year now and have never had such fun with a rc vehicle I can't believe how well the bike goes and handles mine cops daily abuse and comes back for more I have the gyro pretty sorted but can't wait for the mm450 for the e gyro I run on my backyard track that is hard packed dirt very slippery with stadium truck but with my gyro humming and different inserts the bike hooks up great drifts well on std tyres my insert makes it more like a real tyre with lowered pressure like a speedway or trials bike tyre and doesn't break down like stock foam will post some video when I figure it out ps do u know when mm450s will be in Australia thanks Chris Chris h
chktm is online now Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More bike fun
Old Jul 06, 2012, 06:18 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,776 Posts
Welcome Chris. You willing to share info on inserts or plan on selling some? We could use the help out here in California where the tracks are bone dry and slippery as heck. (And thanks for kind words about my bike in vmx thread)
Old Jul 06, 2012, 07:10 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,671 Posts
Hey Johnny good to hear from you like your bike I had to make inerts as here in aust they ran out long ago so to keep using this brilliant bike I had to come up with something what I do is use an old front tyre and cut out about 1cm (metric here) glue back together so it fits snug on rear rim ring then I take stadium truck foam losi work best cut in half both ways cut a small amount off each piece glue ends with contact cement and glue together stuff foam into front tyre and assemble onto ring then I feed rear tyre over the lot use a bit of baby powder to make it easier I find bike not only grips better on slippery surfaces but also turns better because of more rounded tyre may take more getting used to also seems to help soak up bumps better
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 06, 2012, 07:16 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,671 Posts
Hey Johnny how's your gyro working mine spins for over ten minutes after a run can make cup of tea go to loo and come back and still going
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 06, 2012, 09:16 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,671 Posts
Couple of videos think I figured it out
Vmx450 jumps and wheelies (1 min 45 sec)

Hope you like
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 06, 2012, 09:18 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro View Post
Testing has been good and we identified that a simple 2mm plug is going to be a big problem so we are changing them all out, getting rid of them. This was a late discovery unfortunately but an important one so the bike is more reliable and trouble free.
what plug is it, and are we going to have to change a plug on the vmx?

also i think atomik should have a contest , and have every one guess how long it takes before this page exceeds and goes past the number of pages the old vmx page has and who ever guesses the right date wins a E-gyro or an mm450

will the e-gyro kits be released the same date as the bike and is there a mass stock coming ?
Rellik is offline Find More Posts by Rellik
Old Jul 06, 2012, 09:22 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,671 Posts
And another will post some of my backyard later am on holiday now
Vmx450 jumps and wheelies (1 min 45 sec)

Enjoy
RCG Plus Member